|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Gulfstream Innsbruck Quality

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
JHUCK

Lowry, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/07 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw a new Innsbruck 25 RLS & was wondering about the quality of these unit. I did a search & there isn't too much said about this model line. It looks like a high quality trailer & the fit & finish looks great to me. Just wondering if anyone has one that can say how it holds up & how the manufacturer is to deal with on warranty work.

'05 Thor Wanderer 221SD

MikeSmith

Camp Host, Republic of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/07 04:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2004 24FBS was pretty good. I had a few minor problems, easily repaired.

Of course, I hope it burnt to the ground with the current residents still in it.
{stolen December 2005}

The Sunnybrook Sunset Creek I now have is a better built TT, but not quite as comfortable as my 24 FBS.

southernsky

Ponchatoula La.

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/07 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 27FKD and it a good trailer. Few problems when new and dealer took care of it under warranty.

2011 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab 6.7 CTD 4X4
2012 Primetime Crusader 320RLT
PullRite SuperGlide,5th Airborne

rjjk

Elk River, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/07 06:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2005 265TBS - we just bought it this year, used. Seems to be fine. We found Innsbruck to be more affordable than similiar models, with the same functionality and ammendies that we wanted.

trailer folks

iowa

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/07 11:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

most problems like what you stated should have been cought by the dealer,,, a good dealer will make all the differance,,,,,,

trailer folks

iowa

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/07 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we looked at the Innsbruck but found a dealer in Iowa with a new Gulf Breeze (same MFG.) and for the same price got a hard sided unit ( didn't want hail issues) with more options

jeepsucks

ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/07 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My grandfather bought a 2006 265 with the queen in the front, slide and the two recliners. The fit and finish is terrible. The cabinet doors over the bed were hung crooked, the mouldings around the counter tops have gaps around them, the awning has been problematic. The layout is not that desirable in my opinion either. You have to back into the bathroom. A far cry from the 24 foot jayco that he traded after 21 trouble free years. This trailer is a huge disappointment and the dealer which owns the seasonal campground has been less than helpful.

DW, Me, DD and new DD!

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow......"

tikkijane

Somewhere Out There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/07 01:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a 2005 295 DB and loved it; wished it would have had a slide. When we had hail damage (for the record, it would not have mattered had it been fiberglass either, which prolly would have had holes in it, we were told by our insurance adjuster and local dealer), we started looking and found another rig with a slide, instead of having it reskinned. The roof and AC held out amazingly well, as did the awning- no damage on any of those, except for the broken vents.

My Innsbruck had a *bigger* oven than I have now, so I had to get new cookie sheets to fit in it. The fabrics survived heavy usage by me, dh, four kids, and the dog, and looked just as good when we traded as when we got it.

We loved the floor plan we had, with rear quad bunks and sink outside the bathroom, toilet on pedestal. I miss that about the other rig. We had *very* good storage in it, and even with what we have now, I still miss the big closet in the "hallway."

Cons- it was really low to the ground. If the rig you are looking at is like this, *seriously* consider either a lift kit or reversing the axles, or you will prolly be scraping off your rear jacks.

The bottom line was we felt it was a good value for what we were getting; you will find many manufactures with comparable fit and finish. We are bound by weight, and later learned we could pull more than we originally thought we could, lol.

Get in it. Look at it. Check out the fit and finish. Do some comparison shopping to be sure. If you like the floor plan and feel it's a good value and *you* are happy with it- go for it!

Happy camping!

Tikki

Tikki
tikktok.wordpress.com

alkar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/07 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't speak to the trailers, but the Gulfstream Class C and "Super-C" units have notoriously awful fit/finish/quality control. The unit we bought was a "steal" and it was delivered with a BUNCH of broken stuff, all of which the dealer replaced, but none of which should have broken in the first place. They cut EVERY corner at Gulfstream. For example, the cabover bunk had an upholstered insert that slid into place for the middle third of the bed. Ours was broken in half. The heavy pad and upholstery retained it's shape, so you couldn't tell it was broken unless you put some weight on it. I started to climb onto the bunk and the thing flexed and bowed, so we took it down and unzipped it. The brace was a cheeze-whiz piece of particle board - to save the six bucks it would have cost to use plywood, so it was much heavier and had a quarter the strength.

The cabinets didn't fit, the TV carriage, also made of particle board with veneer, stripped from the screws that held it in place, the trim strips on the floor and the cabinet edges kept coming loose, the door didn't fit properly, and so on.

I later became friends with a guy who worked at the dealer that sold us our RV (which we dumped immediately). He said that dealer bought about 30 of the Gulfstream units because they were "distressed priced". The normal 30% margin for the dealer balooned to over 40% with the factory incentives -- and that's why they could be bought so cheap. However, there's a reason they are cheap.

I used to work for a high-quality boat manufacturer that also builds in pretty high volume, though not in the volume of Bayliner. The stuff Bayliner/Trophy did to save money used to amaze me, and it made it possible for them to sell boats cheap. As long as folks were not using their boats in demanding, stressful conditions, they were bound to be okay. And since most folks just let their boats sit 95% of the time, they're perfect. But once in a while a guy would buy one of those boats for serious off-shore fishing...and sink, because none of the components could handle the stress of the pounding -- or whatever. (The last one I remember sinking was a beautiful boat with twin 200 mercs. It went down about 35 miles off shore and it turtles in less than 30 minutes. We all assumed it was a tru-hull failure, as the water cam in very fast. The bilge pumps failed immediately, as the batteries were below the water level and the system shorted out...

I think it's the same with RVs. If crooked cabinets don't drive you nuts, and you don't mind being a handyman and reinstalling the components that were screwed up by the manufacturer, and you're willing to replace and reinstall things as they break, and you're not going to live in the thing full-time, it's probably okay to bargain hunt at the bottom end. If those things are not true of you, you're probably better off buying better quality -- even if you have to buy used. We decided we couldn't shop top drawer, but we'd stay away from names like Gulfstream, Coachmen, Forest River, Bayliner and the like. It just isn't worth what you save.

* This post was edited 07/14/07 08:28pm by alkar *

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."

Mark Twain

2007 Chevy 3500 LTZ Duramax 4X4 crew - loaded w/nav
2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, w/ leveling kit, 35" Toyos, Edge Juice "Race" and other goodies

rvlady

Sublimity, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/07 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Using the Search box at the top left of the page, click on Advanced Search. In the form, use only the last item--name of the person who posted--type in BPMoore. Start with the oldest first. Enough said.

Linda and husband Dave (retired US Army) W7DDW
Magic, Yellow Lab Female, born 18 July 2010. R.I.P., Jake!
2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i Generator
2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Gulfstream Innsbruck Quality
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS