|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Pop up camper bedding

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
yorkgm

York Beach, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/08 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use the same. Regular sheets and a comforter

PattieAM

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/08 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Memory Foam topper on my bunks as well as heated sunbeam mattress pads, regular bed sheets and a light-weight comforter....all from Walmart (less expensive). The spare bunk also has a heated mattress pad, and fitted/regular sheets. So much easier to wash than bedrolls/sleeping bags. Of course if the kids/grandkids want to use their sleeping bags, they can!

PopBeavers

San Jose, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/08 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crosbygroup wrote:

The DH and I use sleeping bags zipped together, but I line them with high thread count sheets (full) that I partially sew together at bottom and 4 feet up sides. That way I just wash the sheets after each trip and everything stays nice and clean.

You have just described the Travasak. I'm too lazy to do any sewing, so I just bought it ready made.

Two sleeping bags zipped together or a Travasak work weel in popups where you can not walk around the bed. If I had a TT, FW or MH with a walk around bed then I would use normal bed linen.

When just starting out you can save some money by just using whatever you already have.

Wayne in San Jose
2013 Forest River Solera 24R
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Sportsman X2,2008 Polaris Scrambler 500

crosbygroup

california

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/08 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PopBeavers wrote:

crosbygroup wrote:

The DH and I use sleeping bags zipped together, but I line them with high thread count sheets (full) that I partially sew together at bottom and 4 feet up sides. That way I just wash the sheets after each trip and everything stays nice and clean.

You have just described the Travasak. I'm too lazy to do any sewing, so I just bought it ready made.

Two sleeping bags zipped together or a Travasak work weel in popups where you can not walk around the bed. If I had a TT, FW or MH with a walk around bed then I would use normal bed linen.

When just starting out you can save some money by just using whatever you already have.

Yes, I have seen the premade sheets for the double sleeping bags, but not in high thread count sheets. I know it is camping, but I'm into comfort and 1000 thread count sheets make me very happy

Crosbygroup 2008 Fleetwood Avalon Highlander

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. ~Henry J. Tillman

Hornet28BHDS

Parker, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/08 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always used the 'ol sleeping bags when we had our PUP!

2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

dtbriz

Findlay, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/08 07:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our pup has 2 king beds. The kids use sleeping bags. We like to put a sheet down and tuck it in as best as we can. To cover up, we use another sheet and my large sleeping bag opened up like a quilt. If it gets too cold, the heater kicks in and we also have a couple of extra blankets just in case. Hey its camping and comfort rules - we don't put a lot of emphasis on a neat bed!

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/08 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Viking we had. Had a King bed. However it wasn't as large as the house King bed, and bigger than a queen. So, Yes there are time you need special beding, and it can be had at the dealer. Or, You can do as I did. Split the queen sheet, and add a pannel to make it fit.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

campingrandma

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/08 04:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jersey (t-shirt fabric) sheets work well for odd-sized beds. Use the smaller size and stretch to fit. We use sheets, medium thread count (you can buy specialty sheets but only 250-thread count and 50 poly/50 cotton YUK!). I bought full-sized bottom sheets, cut them down a bit, and use twin-sized top sheets (I bought individuals at Wal-Mart in a higher thread count and 100% cotton). Our beds are 48 inches wide, not quite a full but larger than a twin.

'tiredTeacher

Richmond, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/08 09:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PopBeavers wrote:

If I had a TT, FW or MH with a walk around bed then I would use normal bed linen.

All of us have "walk around beds." DW and I make our beds by putting everything together before we bungee the bed side down. That way we can reach 3 sides and 50 percent of the 4th. You Starcraft owners (and maybe others) have the advantage of unzipping the bunk sides from the main walls and flipping them onto the top of the bunk ends while you make up beds.

Wright and Penny
2010 Tundra 4X4
2005 Starcraft 2107
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Pop up camper bedding
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers