|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Slide adjustment .. passenger side

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
2ndhom

Eugene, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/08 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rear lower corner slide seems out of adjustment (hangs lower 3/16" than the front corner) on our 2006 Beaver Monterey. The showing indication is the paint swirls don't match (from the secured wall to the slide) as well as the spacing compared to front lower corner. The slide operates smoothly, all looks fine from the interior, doesn't show any interior water leaks. The owners manual doesn't illustrate how to adjust. Has anyone messed with their adjustments? I can see a couple of long threaded bolts at each end of the slide but don't want to arbitrarily begin wrenching the bolt heads. I like preventative maintenance!!!

Rvndave

Medina, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/08 07:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is not a problem I would leave it alone. Ever here the old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it?

2003 Jayco 308fbs eagle 33' tt, towed by a 2003 Ram 3500 slt, quad cab dually, cummins diesel ho, trailer towing package, with 6 speed manual. Hauls better 1/2, 3 kids, myself, and a 2003 ez go clays car.. I have added so far, neon lights, clearance lights, back up lights, black light, lift kit, mud tires, and everything necessary to make the golf cart street legal. It's now ready to spend the winter in the garage for more mods. More neon, strobe lights, alarm, a pa system, maintance, and whatever else that comes along. This golf cart does wheelies and travels thru 7 inches of mud when need be. Two honda eu2000i gens twinned to supply the electrical power. Latest addition an 04 Honda Goldwing. [url]http://www.hometown.aol.com/rvnagain/myhomepage/profile.html[url]

zigzagrv

Nazareth, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/08 02:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just saw the rear of my slide (drivers side) had dropped about a 1/2 inch. What I discovered was the two adjusting nuts where the slide rail attaches to the slideout were loose because of the thin washers they used had bent into the slot, which caused the nuts to be loose. Consequently, the slide had dropped down. I replaced the thin washwers with very thick ones, which will not bend, and readjusted the slide.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
'95 Tracker toad

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/08 08:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This company, Lippert makes most of the slideouts used in the RV industry. Here are the owners manuals including slideout adjustments. Good luck!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Lost&Found

Sumner WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/08 09:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2004 36ft Beaver Monterey has the exact same problem. The top of the bay door beneath the slide binds a little when the slide is in. I believe the solution is the slide rollers under the slide floor. The adjustment bolts can be seen when the slide is out. On mine there are 4 bolts. My plan is to adjust 3 bolts and leave the front-most bolt alone. For example, the rear-most bolt is adjusted 3/4 turn, the next bolt 1/2 turn, the 3rd bolt going forward is adjusted 1/4 turn. The service manager at Beaver Coach Sales in Bend Oregon agrees with my plan.

The only other adjustment is on the slide rail foot which attaches the slide to the slide rail. The adjustment is max'd out on mine, so it is not an easy option -- unless I want to expand the adjustment slots on the foot.

Good luck, let us know your solution.

Alan
Beverly, patient wife co-driver
Sadie, 10# yorkiepoo, skilled bluff-barker
Beaver Monterey 3-slide 2004 36'
Sumner WA

2ndhom

Eugene, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/08 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EXCELLENT input .... exactly what I was looking for!!! Thank you very much for the data. Appreciate it!! Tom

vance

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/08 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similiar problem only mine was noticeable inside the RV. I contacted Coachmen and they told me if it operates OK and does not leak, they would not approve warranty work to have it adjusted. It only took about 3 minutes to adjust. I ran the slide out, then placed a board underneath the slide along with a car jack. I applied just enough pressure with the jack to take the load off the adjusting bolts. After making sure all bolts were loose that attach the slide to the support bracket, I raised the slide with the jack to the position that was needed to level the slide, then snugged up the adjusting bolts and locked them with the lock nuts. I then removed the jack and now all is straight/level with "NO THANKS TO COACHMEN."
If you attempt to level yours, just take your time and do not make large changes. Make sure that you bring your slide in slowly or small amounts so if you need to change the adjustment you can see what is going on.
Hope this helps.

vance
2007 Coachman Encore
330 HP Mercedes
Honda CRV toad
"If you see our children, PLEASE don't tell them where we are"

vance

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/08 08:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, I did not edit my response. It 30 minutes, not 3 minutes.

rpushee

Frostproof, FL

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/08 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to check my post "PowerGear Slideout Bracket Failure"

I though mine was just out of adjustment!

2ndhom

Eugene, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/08 10:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vance ... hadn't thought of proping up before ajustment! Much thanks. Again thanks to everyone for their guidance. Tom

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Slide adjustment .. passenger side
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS