RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Barnes- Jewish Hospital

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Barnes- Jewish Hospital

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
donnaw1

Benton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/10 08:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see on line that Barnes Hos. in St Louis has 4 RV sites has anyone ever used them? My husband will be having surgery and I am thinking about our TT as a place to stay.
Not sure how safe the area would be.

Gerald and Donna Westwood
Benton, IL

happycampers5

northeast TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/10 09:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just sent a message to my sister as she works at Barnes. I will post her response as soon as I receive it. Hope all goes well with your hubby.

PotKorn

St. Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/10 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wasn't aware that Barnes-Jewish even had any RV spots. However, given the level of security in the hospital complex, I would not anticipate any problems. There are a few neighborhoods not too far away that I would avoid, but it doesn't sound as if that will be an issue if you just need a place to stay during your husband's surgery.

Best of luck on his surgery and speedy recovery. BJC is one of the best in the business.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/10 11:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donnaw1 and happycampers5...a chill went up my back when you two folks connected...a higher power? Possibly..I mean what were the chances?

But it does seem that someone saw to it that you two got connected! We'll add "our best of luck" and "God bless" for sure...

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/10 12:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I researched local and Federal Data and found that while St.Louis has a bit higher crime rate than some of the nation, it's not bad at all in and around the Hospital!

The St. Louis Police department crime stats map shows no real issues near the Hospital, and the Police Precinct is nearby, and the Hospital itself has a terrific Public Safety Department, with virtually no reported cases of crime other than an average of one auto theft per year! No Robbery, no Aggravated Assaults or cases of Burglary.

Hope that helps!

happycampers5

northeast TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/10 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am really sorry that I have not gotten back to you sooner and I don't have anything concrete to tell you. My sister works for BJC but two blocks away at the Rehab Hospital. I am still working on getting information for you. I haven't been down in that area in years.

I have been looking at the campus map to try and get a better idea of how far it is from the RV sites to the hospital.

here is the info I found on the parking spaces..

R.V. PARKING
600 S. Taylor Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-0750

Four parking spaces for rec. vehicles are available in the parking lot of the Taylor Avenue Building on our main campus. The parking spaces are equipped with water and electrical hook-ups. A weekly sewer pick-up service is available every Saturday. Persons interested in renting a space should contact the Security Department at the number above. Sewer removal service must be arranged and paid for separately through the Social Work department.

I am sure that the Security Department can answer any questions you may have. I am sure that security is tight in the area. I myself, however, would not venture too far away from the hospital complex on my own. I was born and raised and lived in West St. Louis County until 6 years ago but I am a big baby when it comes to wandering around down in the City.

I am really sorry that I don't have anything concrete to tell you. As soon as I get any more info, I will post it.

* This post was last edited 10/22/10 10:03pm by happycampers5 *   View edit history

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Barnes- Jewish Hospital
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS