|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Goodyear marathon VS. Maxxis m8008

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 10:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maxxis ST tires are the best choice currently available and they have provided us with good service thus far. They are prone to failure like any other tire when overloaded and/or under-inflated as that might be the reason for any negative reviews. They are best suited for rigs weighing 10K or less. Heavier rigs would be better served using LT tires.

TexasTiger220

Outside the Box

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"RV.net, Brought to you by Maxxis M8008 radial trailer tires"

I will never understand the love for the Maxxis trailer tires on this site. With that said, I roll Maxxis M8008's on the Jayco. I have also owned Goodyear Marathon (even China made) and had no problem with them.

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab Z71 6.6L Duramax
2013 Keystone Hideout 29BHS w/ Outdoor Kitchen
Geaux Tigers!

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TexasTiger220 wrote:

"RV.net, Brought to you by Maxxis M8008 radial trailer tires"

I will never understand the love for the Maxxis trailer tires on this site. With that said, I roll Maxxis M8008's on the Jayco. I have also owned Goodyear Marathon (even China made) and had no problem with them.

Maybe because lots of folks have had a good experience with them. We ALL can't be wrong..

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP

poleclimber

So. Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/12 02:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our second set of maxxis 8008 for our 5th wheel.

Jayco254

Eastern Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 12:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm running U.S. Marathons and haven't had any problems. But I have seen Chinese Marathons on new trailers setting on dealers lots with knots on them. My next tire will be Maaxis.

Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

mosseater

Dillsburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/12 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If ever a consumer had a proven repuation for bucking a trend of successful product ownership, it's me. My luck ratio bad-to-good runs about 9:1. That said, I'm picking up my set of Maxxis tomorrow and we'll see if everything I touch turns to stone one more time. Fingers crossed.

"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

ForestRiverTeach

Azusa, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What about Green Belts? Are they as bad as Carlisles?

On the road and happy with Jed, my four-legged camping buddy.
'06 Eddie Bauer Expedition
'13 Starcraft 265RLB Autumn Ridge

Nosedive

Pearland, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mosseater wrote:

If ever a consumer had a proven repuation for bucking a trend of successful product ownership, it's me. My luck ratio bad-to-good runs about 9:1. That said, I'm picking up my set of Maxxis tomorrow and we'll see if everything I touch turns to stone one more time. Fingers crossed.

Sorry man I got such a laugh out of this. A friend of mine that I used to off-road with cut at least one tire per trip, no joke. Even when he switched tire brands it didn't help, same thing. What was even funnier was that there were other guys myself included running the same tires as him but without any problems. He must have had your luck. Good luck with the Maxxis. I'm running GY Marathons that are made in China, but on a brand new trailer that has maybe 400 miles on it, I can't see replacing the tires just yet. Hopefully it's not to my detriment when out in the middle of nowhere someday.

mikeb9550

MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ddadda wrote:

Buying 4 new 205 75 15's today for my ductchman tundra 31rl. So many good and bad reviews for both goodyear and maxxis. ??????

You should replace the spare as well. Age will kill the tire. You want your spare to be good incase you need it.

Mike

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 3.92, Hensley Arrow Hitch

2006 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS

4x4Bob

California.

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me start by posting that when I purchase a TT on the way home I pull through a CAT scale to get the base line weight. Then the first trip out with TT loaded I stop again at a CAT scale. The TT is parked with the tires on wood blocks and the tires are covered. The air pressure is check regularly.

My 21 foot Nash TT had Goodyear Marathons 15" D rated. Three of four tires were replaced after two tossed chunks of rubber and the third delaminated causing minor damage to under neath of the TT.

The '05 Jayco Eagle 28 footer came with Maxxis. The tires were the only thing that were not a problem with that TT.

Replaced it with the current '07 Jayco Eagle. It came with Goodyear Marathons which I was not happy with. Planned to replace them with Maxxis. However, I waited too long. 560 miles on the left rear and it went to pieces. In the process it damaged the underside and side of the slide out. After two months of repair when I brought it back home I upgraded the wheels to 80 PSI and Load E Maxxis. No problems since then.

Bob

2001 2500 Silverado LS 4x4 6.0, 4.10
2007 Jayco Eagle 288RLS
Cocktails for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2
--------------------
End of dirt road, no signs in sight, sun going down: I am not lost, just getting ready to go camping.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Goodyear marathon VS. Maxxis m8008
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS