|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Outside Kitchen in a Class C Motorhome

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
kijak

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/12 01:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone know of the different class C's with a Outside kitchen. That would work best for our camping style, I see Forest River has one, and I saw a Leprechan with a attempt at a outdoor kitchen (different compartments for each piece) We have done all the Googling so far. May have to look at a class A, I have a 5'er now, and don't want a TT, but really like the outside kitchens.
Thanks

Jack

Go Dogs

South of Pittsburgh, PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/12 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2 cents, I would look more to the floorplan inside. Find a floorplan that would work with your family. We had a 35ft class C, now a 25 ft TT, and I bring a table, grill, etc. and cook outside, under the awning. I now have a portable propane oven to bake outside. The only thing I use in the RV kitchen is the microwave and the fridge. I bring a bucket or dishpan to do the dishes outside. I would have loved an outdoor kitchen but it seemed as though the units that had one, were way too big for us.

hotbyte

Barnesville GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/12 01:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Will you be using a TOAD? We don't and I like having my outside cooking area separate from MH in case I need to leave camp in MH.

Our Web Albums Temporary Web Albums
2006 Yellowstone SE, 1998 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2L and 2011 Tidewater 1900 Bay Max

snowdance

State of Jefferson

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/12 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hotbyte wrote:

Will you be using a TOAD? We don't and I like having my outside cooking area separate from MH in case I need to leave camp in MH.

X2

We do not tow a toad. We do cook out side most of the time but want it to stand on its own. Do not want it part of the motorhome. An outside shower on the passenger side does give hot and cold water as needed and a simple install in most rigs.. The rest is just normal camping gear..

Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

kijak

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/12 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The inside floor plan is important, but we can make anything work inside, we have been camping in a 5'er for a few years, the DW really likes the whole cooking part and the Fridge Outside. We found a 28ft class c by Forest River that looks promising, but I wanted to see the options open to us. I don't think we will be towing a toad yet, but maybe someday.,,, Were still young (50's) so we won't be doing any fulltiming. Just long weekends, and occasional week or holidy.

snowdance

State of Jefferson

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went from the Airstream we had for near 20 years and over time got our motorhome. We did look at it much like you when we decided to buy a motorhome and were looking at it like our trailer for camping. Then we read about some one that used a friends motorhome for a few months.. They learned they could go several days with out hookups which we do. Used it to tour areas and shopping and day trips. It kind of hit us because we realized we could do the same. We were not stuck with the old trailer setting set up some place.. We can both drive and set up our motorhome alone. Wife and friends go shopping for the day and take it. They have bathroom, kitchen, Generator to run AC ect. You could not talk them into using a car.. This weekend we are going shopping at Costco. Will leave Sat morning. Camp over night some place and shop on Sunday before coming home.. There is another way to look at them.. You only need hook up when you to dump or fill. Or need full time electric. Electric is often the only thing we hook up and just do a quick fill and dump on the tanks as needed...

We still do most of our cooking out side but more like we always have when camping.. There are a number of Class A motorhomes that have every thing out side if you feel you really need them.. What ever you do. End up with what you really want. Odds are you will have it a long time..

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/12 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do virtually all of our cooking outside. We have one of these which we use when we are set up for more than a few days or have no picnic table to set up on. I have a stove, grill and single burner I set up on top and plumb it all into a bulk cylinder. For short stints I may or may not use it depending on logistics. The kitchen gear (minus cookware) is all kept in an outside bin so I am not unloading stuff out of the RV to set up shop.

If you are creative there are quite a few camp kitchen setups you can do to stay independent of the RV that are quite packable in a smaller RV. We even have our own folding picnic table/benches in the RV (fits under dinette). Look around an let your imagination run wild. I have even seen tables that plug into trailer hitch receivers.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Robocop

Baltimore

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/12 01:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since I bought my Sunseeker I rarely cook inside. I love my Coleman Road Trip grill with three sets of stove top grates. Since I travel alone for the most part, setting an outside kitchen up serves no real purpose but I love the ARI set-up. I camp with a friend in a big 5er who does 99% of all his cooking outside and more specifically over the campfire and his wife and kids don't mind that at all! He does not have an outside kitchen on the rig but built himself a nice camp box of kitchen stuff which sits on the picnic table. Another friend has a Rockwood 33' TT with the full outside kitchen set-up. Sink, 4.0 cu. ft. reefer, stove top and microwave. Other than seeing him in the reefer for beer I have yet to see him use the other amenities. It is a nice option to have but it is all about use and utility.

Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad
Great sons, Scott & Alex (24 & 22).
"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

kijak

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have since found that the coachman leprechaun has 3 floor plans with outside kitchen

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/12 04:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco
Here is a Jayco Greyhawk with an outside kitchen.

See you on the road!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Outside Kitchen in a Class C Motorhome
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS