Thanks to all the wonderful people here who have volunteered to help me get across the country.
Don, from North Carolina, has graciously offered to get the heck out of the snow and help me get to Florida. I pick him up Monday night at the Palm Springs airport, we'll take the bus for fuel, hook up the trailer and then take off Wednesday morning headed for Tucson.
Thanks again you wonderful people!
Is there not a program that will plot your route and you can tell it how many hours a day or how many miles per day you want to go?
I could swear Ive used a program that did this but I cannot remember which one it is.
I have tried the GoodSam and a few others, it just list the whole trip - no stops.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks Mr. Mark,
I am moving to Florida and will have the trailer filled with stuff. Shouldn't weigh more than 7000#'s including trailer weight.
Ive driven across country several times, just not without husband. Its a little intimidating.
Has anyone ever used a transport company to move their motorhome across the country?
Ive a 45' Monaco and tow a 20' Featherlite enclosed car hauler (with no car in it).
I want it moved from Southern CA to Central Florida in February. I also have my car (which I will drive).
I can drive it myself, but with the passing of my husband am considering having a professional do it for me.
If anyone has used a service or has any suggestions, Id greatly appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks in advance for you help.
I can fly them to me and home from Florida. I can follow behind in my car. Or I guess I could drive it myself and have the car shipped. ????
Well we did a number if things, snake the vents and drains, cleaned all the little "hats" throughout the bus. One of which when removed, the pipe sucked air and the water left the shower pan immediately. We also took the washer out, and cleaned all vents behind it.
We also removed the floor in the cupboard in the kitchen and cleaned the "clean out" hat there.
It's been more days since then -
At lease 10 showers - with grey valve closed - and STILL working perfectly - all drains work wih no back up. And I haven't opened the vent for a week. It's not like I'm dumping daily. I filled grey, before dumping about 5 days ago. Anyway, whatever they did, it's all working fine. Maybe it was a combination of multiple things, including driving around.
How this helps.
Hope Im doing the right thing .. I love my bus ... change in life happens, right? I need to make changes to make my life easier... I love to travel but don't enjoy it alone, maybe Ill be more comfortable in something smaller. Selling the bus is scary - wont do Craigs list, Im more comfortable with Ebay. There are just so many things I haven't done by myself - like sell a house or motor coach. Maybe I need to start a new thread on how to go about this.....
yep - thats what Ill do.
OK HERE'S THE LATEST UPDATE!
1. I've moved fro the beach to a beautiful horse ranch near the horse shows Im working. (with help from Chuck his beautiful wife, Terry - big hugs)
2. I am not hooked up to sewer yet ( 20 feet further away - need to reposition next weekend) - so using the blue boy to dump.
3. So for a week now I have had the GREY VALVE CLOSED, taking showers daily and guess what - What Chuck and Tom did worked!
8 showers - NO WATER BACKING UP IN SHOWER PAN!!!!!
4. I've decided to sell my beautiful motor home. I've listed it on Ebay:
2008 MONACO Dynasty, Yorkshire IV, Ralph Lauren Package, Rock Star Bus, Must See | eBay
So if you know of anyone interested... please pass this along.
I just don't want to do this by myself anymore. Loosing my Captain, Ive stepped up, but Im exhausted! I'll probably look for something smaller.
Thanks again to all you FANTASTIC people who've been so kind to help with suggestions and ideas. Keep 'em coming!
Monaco Dynasty, Featherlite Enclosed trailer and Jeep Commander.
Well Hell Yeah YakFIsh! *laughing.... you're too kind. But please know that these wonderful people here on RVNet and IRV2 have been AWESOME!! In fact, Chuck was here this morning, in overalls and inspection camera in hand! (He and Terry came down with colds - and he felt well enough to come by this morning)
Heres what we did:
1. Spoke with Monaco, they said that they are now on "the line" installing an additional vent in the grey tank through the roof.
2. Followed the specs that Monaco sent of all the plumbing. Per instructions from them tracked down #24 - a clean out place (please excuse my terminology). We found this next to the fridge, under the floor of a cabinet in the kitchen. Nothing there, sent the camera down, didnt see anything - camera went in 3 feet.
3. I then called 4-5 places to buy a camera with a longer reach - no go. Cannot be rented or bought on the fly.
4. We then tracked down all the little hat air vents under all the sinks. The one in the forward bathroom sucked air big time when CHuck took it off and all the water ran out of the shower before I could get back there to check.
5. we pulled the face of the shower access again, nothing there.
6. We took drawers out of the bathroom... found some clothes that were missing.
7. We had some of the best darn chili in the world.
8. we emptied the cabinets under the kitchen sink and checked all those fixtures/junctures/vents.
9. We then started to clean up and Chuck hooked up my work trailer and drove it to my next stop (near his home 75 miles away) YEAH!! (Im having to move inthe middle of this nightmare. Thanks God for Chuck and Terry!!! Big Hugs!
10. THEN ANOTHER PLUMBER CAME OVER - whom the owner of Ace hardware introduced me too. He said, "you need someone who finds this a challenge and this is your guy" Tom Metzger - Master Plumber in San CLemente - Awesome guy. He and I worked on the bus for at least 3 hours. Up and down the roof, snaking, airing, evening gassing?? bursts of *energy down the shower. More doors off, back closet emtied, HUGE MOUND OF CLOTHES ON THE BED. Pulled out the washing machine, checked THAT vent, still nothing. Back on the roof, gurgle gurgle gurgle.... tried to get to the grey tank - not possible. He thinks it might be a *dip in a pipe? maybe the engine got it warm somehow and there is water in a dip? He felt so bad being unable to find the problem. I tried to pay him and HE WOULDNT LET ME! Holy Cow! I told him that every now and then, even a Blind Squirril finds a nut! HE said that if I was going to be around hed start tearing th floor apart under the bed to try to get to the tank. He is perplexed. So, I guess I should make my way to Oregon.
I asked Monaco, after his description of the new procedure to install an additional vent in the grey tank - So is this a recall? NOPE. Customer pays.
So thats that. The water still pools in the shower when vent is closed.
I guess I get myself a blue boy and make my way to Coburg, Oregon.
I was hoping that if I print this thread out and take it with me and say - Ive already done these things that were suggested... they should at least not charge me to redo all that stuff. What do ya think?
Anyone want to take a ride to Oregon?
Thank you guys! Thank you Chuck! Thank you Tom! and Yakfish!
Shower and washer on same side.
Yesterday I did bleach and the dawn several times. The last time I drove the bus around the park several times. Dumped (thru the new see thru valve) and clear water came out.
Ran the shower - and he pan fills up again. No change. Sheet. I think that loosing my captain ....
I think I've decided to sell the bus. I just can't keep up. It's kicking my butt.
So, does anyone have suggestions how I'd go about selling, marketing an 08. 45 foot dynasty ,
In mint condition, but a slow shower???