I dunno if you even have a low oil level switch (they're no longe used on 2800's, anyway), but if you've moved to a level spot,that should cure it; I think it's just a float on a swing arm. Have you tried cranking it with the chassis engine running? Sometimes that provides that little bit of extra voltage needed to crank one fast enough to start.
Jim, "Don't get even. Get odd."
I'm in a small group of volunteers working to turn a strip of newly-bought city land along a creek into a 1-mile greenway. I do a few hours of chainsaw, brushcutter, and winch work every week. I make it a point to thank all the dog owners I see there who have their dogs on leash (city law) and carrying poop bags. Unfortunately, both are quite rare. It must be real nice to be so special.
Jim, "Next time you wave, use more fingers."
The local WM Supercenter (east Asheville) had several RV, van, and auto squatters staying for weeks (at least two for months). After about six months of such, signs prohibiting overnight parking by RV's and trucks sprouted on the light poles. I didn't ask, but strongly suspect that the two events are linked. Dam' shame, since it was a good spot for travelers on I-40 to overnight. The lot has a nice little river park running along two sides, McD's in the WM, and two other restaurants in the same shopping center.
Jim, "IRS--- Be audit you can be."
I dunno about now, but Michelin used to compensate owners who'd had _tread_ cracks develop in the first few years of ownership. I'm not sure, but I think the problem was limited to the LTX line of tires. I know of several past posters on the class B forum who had this problem, and were compensated. I can't recall if the compensation was a large percentage off on new Michelins, or something else.
Personally, I've proved to my absolute satisfaction that LTX's soft sidewall contributed to vague wandering steering on two prior class B's. They're just not a great tire for tall, high-center-of-gravity, SRW vehicles. Dunno about one with duals. The XPS Ribs don't have either issue.
Jim, "Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early kill people."
I will say, not being seperated from the drivers seat was one of my considerations when buying an RV.
Yep, X2. It was a _major_ consideration in my selection, either for blacktop overnighting or real boondocking.
Jim, "The 'P' in psychology is silent, just like it is in swimming pool."
Got in a solo stargaze yesterday evening... the local community college where I used to teach has that rare thing around here... a high-up spot with a low almost-flat horizon with no lights below. Had a slightly fuzzy view of Mercury and Venus as they set into a cloud bank, then a fair view of Saturn up to about 210X. It's been a long time since I gave the moon much attention.... man, that's some kind of rugged terrain! Astroblemes galore! Beaten, battered, then hung out to dry!
Looks like we just might, maybe, get another clear evening. But it's mid-to-upper 80's now. At least there's a breeze.
Jim, "Preserve wildlife.... Pickle a squirrel!"
For the few here who are actual expedition vehicle fans, try this if you've never heard of Ben Carlin and 'Half Safe'. http://www.amphibiousvehicle.net/amphi/H/halfsafespecial/halfsafe.html. Around the world in a WWII amphibious Jeep....
I'm no longer surprised by the number of people around here who think if it's not 'their way', it must be WRONG.
Jim, "Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be having fun."
Most windshield wiper blades have ribs made of flat strips of stainless steel. A long one makes a passable 'snake' for fishing wires thru the ceiling for short runs. Bend the back inch over and clench it around the end of the wire with pliers.
Jim, "Mo' coffee!"
About 85% odds that blankets will do, but you may need the heat on when you get up. 10% that you'll need heat at night, 5% that you'll just need a sheet, and may wish you had A/C (humidity as much as heat).
Jim, "Mo' coffee!"
Doable... a 2WD Toyota Xcab pickup, a rear axle out of a Y'all-Haul, and a flared-side bed kit. Or a bare X-cab cab & short bed, a Y'all-Haul complete chassis, and a bed kit. That way the F & R wheels are the same; looks to be what's been done in the ad. Be simpler to just buy a 'bago or Dolphin on a 1-ton Toyota, tho'. Fun project, but.... Much as I love my ol' '95 SR5 4x4 pickup with less than 70k on it, I don't think this'd be worth the effort unless the parts just fell into your lap.
Jim, "Philosophy major... will think for money."
At a total guess, it's on a Ford chassis. If so, check this thread in the Class C forum: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26960889.cfm Start with front tire pressures.
Jim, "Hello? Psychic Mechanic's Hotline?"
Yep, tight door closure makes a difference. A few comments:
There's a section in my little (2354?) Dometic's on-line manual on using small wads of fiberglass insulation to force the gasket out to close better. You roll the stuff into four tight balls, and insert it into the gasket at all four corners. Leave it for a few hours (IIRC), then take it out. I tried it with marginal results.
I called Dometic about a replacement gasket. After 1/2 day of futzing about, I found that the best I could do was to pay them $142 + ~$10 tax + $25 flat rate shipping.... this would buy me a gasket with the right cross section but too large. I could then cut it down and splice it back together to fit.
For now, I'm using a 3rd alternative... a yellow plastic tree-felling / wood-bucking wedge, about $7 from Northern Tool. It's intended to hold the cut open to keep the wood from binding the chainsaw's bar. But I'm using it to hold the door tightly shut. My fridge door swings open right over the carpet, so this works for me. I just put the wedge on the floor under the door on the side away from the hinges and give it a gentle push. It's holding good temps now. Have to wait 'til high summer to see how well it really works. If your door is up off the floor, maybe this will inspire you to invent some alternative.
Jim, "Meter maids eat their young."
Just hoping not to wash away with all the rain we're getting (again) today! The club had a stargaze scheduled for Fri or Sat, clouded out both nites, dangit. I did change the oil in the Subaru and the old Toyota p'up this past week, and caught a dry afternoon to mow the backyard.
I'm wondering where Rosie is.
Jim, "Are you a consultant, or just mildly retarded?"
One of the stainless steel stiffening ribs used on windshield wiper blades may make an adequate tool for poking thru the insulation, depending on how far you need to go. I always keep a few ribs when I replace wiper blades on my Tiger (Chevy Silverado chassis), since they're nice and long. They're good for making a variety of improvised long, skinny tools.
You can bend the end of the rib double with pliers to form an eye, then put your wire into the eye, and squeeze the eye shut to hold the wire.
Jim, "Struggling hair farmer."
The tailgate _ain't_ closed on this one...
I happened on this on the south side of town one Saturday about 7-8 years ago. I stopped to offer to help, but the driver wasn't around. Yes, that's the headliner you see hanging down in the cab, and no, there are no nearby hills or stoplights that might explain it....
Jim, "I dream of a society where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned."