RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Fold out bunk beds?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Fold out bunk beds?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/04 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just taking a peak in to the world of Toy Haulers as we are considering getting some quads and I would like to merge our love for camping with the quads as many others have. Our current trailer has a great bunkhouse with 4 bunk beds for the kids and friends. I was wondering if any of the Toy Haulers have fold out bunk beds in the rear portion of the trailer? I see some have a queen bed that lowers, but I was thinking of having some type of bed that could fold out from the wall for the kids to get up off the floor to sleep on. I've poked around some of the various websites but I haven't seen this feature/option yet.

A second question, can you get 4 quads in most of the Toy Haulers? (2 utility type and 2 youth)

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

diirk

Lancaster, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/04 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the Gearbox trailers have optional popouts on the rear sides.
The pull down beds are off the floor, varied heights depending on the model. Some have multiple pull down beds, like bunks.

As to 4 quads....as long as the TH isn't really short or having a 12' garage, you shouldn't have any problem getting 2 adult/2 kid quads in it. We can fit 4 adult quads in ours without any issues. Could add more if we wanted to get creative, or stack them, or flip a couple up on-end.....

Diirk

Durkee Racing

04.5 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie CTD
10 Yamaha Grizzly 550
09 Yamaha Raptor 700 EFI

diirk

Lancaster, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/04 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand. Not to fond of the pop-out myself.
I'm curious as to why you don't want the pull down bed?
They tend to give you a little more storage room and are completely out of the way when not in use.

DesertAnt

Yosemite, California

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/04 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most major TH brands don't offer twin size double bunk bed. You can get aftermarket double bunk beds. Check out newhouserv. They offer double twinsize bunk bed that folds up. You can easily install them yourself and make a bunk house in the rear of your trailer. I opt for the sofa and dinette set when I install mine in the garage area.

1996 Maverick Class C

big buford

Buena Park, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/04 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend of mine just got a 23' attitude with the dual electric queen drop down beds. I can put a second fold out in my trailer 26' tahoe. I think you will need a 26' min if you want side by side mounted on the walls. Take a look at the dual electric bunks. Nice set up! I believe it is a new option for this year so may not be much posted yet.Bottom queen stops at couch level and top bunk is inbetween that and the roof. I think the weekend warrior is offering it this year also?

04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat Subaru pwr
06 Rhino
06 Raptor 700
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/04 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Diirk, I'm not look for the tent ends as much as just a bunkbed that could fold off the wall, inside the camper yes store against the side during transport.

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/04 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the advice. Yep, been the PopUp & Hybrid route, no more canvas for me thank you.

Main reason I was thinking about the bunks was having 2 boys, and their friends, figured it's easier to have separate beds when the get a bit older and I just figured that one of the manufacturers would have just such a unit.

I'll check out the after market route.

Our friends bought one of the Arctic Fox beasts and was impressed and if we get into the ATV's this type of camper only makes sense.

diirk

Lancaster, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/04 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the dual queen drop-downs would be good. That gives your sons each their own bed. If they have friends along, the sofas will convert too. Plenty of room.

thor73

So Cal

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/04 09:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the 2 electric rear beds. you can buy aftermarket bunkbeds that fold up.

2001 Chevy Crew Cab 2500HD Short Bed. 4X4. 8.1/Allison
2003 33ft Tahoe Fifth Wheel.

Family is.
Duane, Katy, Amber-15, Candace-13, Allison-7, Faith & Grace-6

Our Group

Lucky489

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/04 10:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. Yep, been the PopUp & Hybrid route, no more canvas for me thank you.

Main reason I was thinking about the bunks was having 2 boys, and their friends, figured it's easier to have separate beds when the get a bit older and I just figured that one of the manufacturers would have just such a unit.

I'll check out the after market route.

Our friends bought one of the Arctic Fox beasts and was impressed and if we get into the ATV's this type of camper only makes sense.

Not sure of the ages of your sons. Mine are 11 and 12 and when there friends come they all sleep on the one bunk we have. Have had 5 kids up there.

If they aren't to old they don't mind spooning if High Schoolers then yea probably want seperate beds. I remember growing up camping in those little bunk beds I would rather sleep outside on the cot than use them, but now the kids have to have some movies to watch at night befor egoing ro bed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Fold out bunk beds?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS