|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> AC Boot in tents

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
woodleys

Shreveport, LA

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/06 08:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone tried this AC Boot thing in their tent? How did it work? Does the adhesive used to install it last? Did the AC cool the tent well? I know it doesn't come with the AC, but just wondering. I'm thinking about using it in our 3 room cabin tent. I'm just not sure how well a window unit will cool our tent.

Me
DW
DS - 2003
DD - 2004
DS - 2005
2 crazy dogs
1 crazy cat
3 crazy chickens
1 GIANT cabin tent
A love of camping and family time

motx72

DFW

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/06 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't used the AC Boot, but I guess it should work as well, or BETTER, than those who have tried installing an A/C unit some other way.

I'd be interested in knowing too. If you haven't used the A/C boot, but have used an A/C in your tent, has it worked well? How large was your tent? Any info would be great!

=motx72

Our camping adventures! (etc.)

2000 Dodge Durango
1994 Viking SP195
1977 Ford F-150

tom_kat

way upstate new york/lake george area

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/06 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you dont have much choice when it comes to running a AC in a tent but it has to be better then nothing on a hot day or night,we have heated tents befor but not cooled them and didnt take as much heat as i thought it would to be comfortable,it might work the same way with AC,haveing a seperate cover over the tent to keep the sun off would help keeping it cooler,a seperate cover helps to keep it warmer.

1985 Class A Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 +1979 Class C Holiday Rambler Statesman 1000 = 24 ft

luv2goRVn

TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/06 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My brother uses an AC in his tent when he goes camping, he just sits it in the doorway on a couple of boards when they go to bed. Zips the door down, and lays a blanket on top of the unit to keep the bugs from coming in where the zipper don't go down all the way. Yes, it does work real well.

AUcamper

florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/06 06:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what kind of AC do ya'll use?

luv2goRVn

TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/06 07:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brother just uses a small window unit, of course you need electricity to plug it in.

motx72

DFW

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/06 09:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been very close to getting a small unit at Walmart or Target in the neighborhood of around $75-$85. Not bad. Just need to figure out a good placement for the A/C without us tripping over it all the time.

TerryL

Conroe, TX, US

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/06 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wouldn't it be better, out of the way, to put a small ac on a small table in a tents bottom window, rather than the door?
Or use a portable ac and find a way to fasten the heat duct to a window.

motx72

DFW

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/06 07:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TerryL wrote:

Wouldn't it be better, out of the way, to put a small ac on a small table in a tents bottom window, rather than the door?

My thoughts exactly. I would never want to have it right in the doorway. If I could figure out some other way, like you mentioned above, I might consider it. I'm waiting to hear back from "nanacamping" after they have installed & tried out their AC Boot.

=motx72

AUcamper

florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/06 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

TerryL wrote:

I don't think the portable AC probably would be a good solution. They are very pricey, a little more expensive than the boot and a small AC. The portable AC's I've seen start in the mid 300's where the boot/AC will start out 285. Now granted, that boot is pretty expensive as well, but but the boot isn't likely to break and need replacing like the AC will. So after your initial investment, if you have to replace the AC you are only out 85 bucks.

I have been thinking about the AC on a table but I can't figure out a clean solution. Could you explain your idea? Would you place the AC inside the tent or outside? Maybe why I don't see what you are talking about is my windows don't unzip the mess so I don't have a true hole. Heck, I thought about setting the AC outside in front of a window and using a cardboard box as "duct" work.

I know this seems to be a trivial matter, but any ideas would be appreciated.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> AC Boot in tents
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS