|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Yuma, Az. RV wash

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
clspds

SW Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/06 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are getting ready to leave for Yuma for the first time. Can any of you who go there recommend a good place to get our truck and 5er cleaned once we arrive? We don't want to use a high pressure wash like they use at many truck stops. Is there any service that will come to the campground and wash the rig? Also what is the going rate in the area? Thanks for your reply.

2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW D/A
2004 Excel Limited 33RSE

pjsky

Renner SD/Yuma AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/06 05:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are services that come right to your site and wash your rv. They bring their own SOFT water. I think they charge about $1.00 per foot.

Paul

No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

CardinalRule

Gimli, Manitoba (Summer) Yuma, Arizona (Winter)

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/06 07:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They will do the truck and trailer for about $40.00 including the rubber roof. If you don't want them on the roof get them to knock a few bucks off. Every RV Park will have dozens of flyers or check the local bargain magazine (Super Shopper) - available at most RV Parks - for names & numbers.

Dave

I RV, I Golf - Therefore I Am.

'08 F350 SD CC 6.4L
05 Cardinal 30TS - Loaded
Honda 2000i Propane Conversion

CardinalRule

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/06 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desertcat921 wrote:

There is an RV wash rack in foothills south of I-8 on foothills Blvd. I take mine there every year when I arrive in Yuma before parking for the winter. They charge a dollar a foot and do an excellent job as it is like a car wash with the overhead wash and rinse machine plus aftr they hand do the windows ect. They also offer waxing and roof cleaning.

Is it on the Barnys lot? I would love to get my rig cleaned up before parking. The on site wash is great but makes a wet mess on the site.

Desertcat921

HERMISTON OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/06 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is an RV wash rack in foothills south of I-8 on foothills Blvd. I take mine there every year when I arrive in Yuma before parking for the winter. They charge a dollar a foot and do an excellent job as it is like a car wash with the overhead wash and rinse machine plus aftr they hand do the windows ect. They also offer waxing and roof cleaning.

1988 MCI Widebody 40' Coach Conversion, 8V92TA Silver w/ Allison 740
Auto Transmission. 480 Watts Solar, Hughes Satellite Internet W/ Motosat Datastorm, Dish TV. One Cat named Monkey..

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/06 02:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a wash and or wax rack behind Foothills Market on Foothills Bvld. Located same location as the lube center.

CardinalRule

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsallyh wrote:

There is a wash and or wax rack behind Foothills Market on Foothills Bvld. Located same location as the lube center.

OK I know the one. Will have to stop.

JOYDEN

U.S.A

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I remember right it is on the south west corner of Foothill and other.

Denny & Joyce SBC
Summer Ohio, Winter AZ.
O.A.N.G & Teamsters Local #413
Good Sam Life Member, FMCA 391494
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Or 99 Tracker
06 Allegro Bay 37DB W24 8.1 6 speed allison
IN GOD WE TRUST

N6ESD

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are many "on site" RV wash services in Yuma. Just pick up one of the many free papers at most grocery stores and see the listings.

However, in the Yuma Foothills area, about 15 miles east of the town on I-8 You will find the Foothills turnoff. Get off the freeway, turn right and go past the stop sign. Drive on until you come to the second stop sign. You will see a market on the right t the corner. "The Grocery Store". Just behind it, there is a full RV service facility. Mechanical and Lubrication service and a wonderful RV wash facility. They will do it all there. Wash, Wax what ever you want. Great job. You can also rent a full hookup lot in the Foothills area for a fraction of what you pay at one of the RV parks. Drive on past the grocery store and see the signs along the side of the road. No swimming pool but right near the "Grocery Store" is a great pool club you can join for very little. By the day, week or month.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Yuma, Az. RV wash
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS