RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: What is the Aladdin system?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> What is the Aladdin system?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
L farmer

Campbellsville

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at trading in a 01 HR imperial to a 04 Dynasty and we are still working out the details and the ifs. One of the things we do not understand is this Alladin system above the drivers seat and a knob for it in the bedroom. Its a 42ft tag axle, with an air leveling system. Any ideas what it is and if it is good? Thanks for your ideas. Leanna

pcarrell

Carlsbad, NM

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Alladin system is a vehicle monitoring system. It monitors engine, transmission and fuel usage and has a trip meter. It also monitors your electrical both 120 and 12V. It will give you the amount of fluids in all of your tanks, however this part is not always correct. We have one on our "04 Windsor and everything works well except for eractic readings on the tanks.

Phil Carrell
'04 Monaco Windsor

Phil C
'04 Monaco Windsor
Carlsbad, NM

debandi

On Vacation

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the forum... You will get much information here.

I do not know what the Alladin system is however, there are a couple places you might check. 1 would be the dealer and keep asking until you understand it or 2 call Monaco, they are good people.

Good luck

John Spear RMCS(SW)USN RET '88
Debra is my nagagator! She tells me where to go.
HOME > 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
TOAD > 2012 Honda CRV with Ready Brake installed

pcarrell

Carlsbad, NM

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The display comes out on the camera monitor when driving and sitting parked and you can also use both the front and rear TV when parked to monitor the system.

Phil Carrell

pusherpilot

Wherever we are.

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have it on our 04 Imperial. It's a integrated system monitor that accesses the engine and trans computers. The different screens have electrical monitors, holding tank status, house battery status, chassis battery status, engine operating info, 10 resettable trip logs and engine hours etc. Each time we fill the fuel tank we start a new "trip" the thing keeps track of avg mpg, avg speed, and displays how much fuel you've used since the fillup. The fuel guage on the coach has been intermittent since we got it but I don't care because I know when I need to fill because of the fuel usage numbers. The engine monitor screen allows you to set the cruise control precisely and monitor which gear the 6 speed is in, rpm and instant mpg. The thing is a real boon and we've come to rely on it. The info can be displayed on the dash monitor or the front or rear TV. that is why there is a control for it in the bedroom. It has a lot of features that I am probably missing. You should get the manual from the dealer and have him review it for you.

Wow! While I was writing that you got 3 more answers! pcarrell mentioned that the tank capacities are erratic. This is true but there is a calibration procedure that should be done after each dump to recal them. The system used pressure sensors in the bottom of the tanks to figure the tank % of full, they are far more reliable than the old electrodes on the side of the tank type!!

Ron

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the best systems I've owned for monitoring everything. You need to seriously consider the 04 with a tag. Only area of concern is the front axle weight as it is hard to use all of the CCC without overloading the front axle with full fuel and water. PM me for details but a lot of MH for the money as you should be able to buy for under $200K. The ISL 400 is plenty of power and I'm grossing 45K lbs.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

04 Monaco Dynasty 42' quad slide
Where am I?
How I tow.

pcarrell

Carlsbad, NM

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 08:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may want to join this Yahoo group. There are alot of very savvy Monaco owners who can give you a lot of advice.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Monacoers/

It is open to owners and wanabe owners.

Phil

chuck4788

West of the Middle

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ivylog wrote:

One of the best systems I've owned for monitoring everything. You need to seriously consider the 04 with a tag. Only area of concern is the front axle weight as it is hard to use all of the CCC without overloading the front axle with full fuel and water. PM me for details but a lot of MH for the money as you should be able to buy for under $200K. The ISL 400 is plenty of power and I'm grossing 45K lbs.

$200k for an 04? That sounds high for a four year old unit since new MSRP was $345k. No trade value should be 25% less than NADA retail, so new purchase price could have been $258. Depreciate 15% per year and you are down into the mid 100s.

Chuck
02 Beaver
505hp C12 Cat
Trailblazer toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> What is the Aladdin system?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: