|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> dog house insulation 06 bounder

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
etchison

al

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/08 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i bought insulation for the dog house have not go out to install but wonder how the dog house comes off i can see two screws -any suggestions

I bought the self adhesive from b-quite out of canada 877-737-8438 if anyone is interested-hope it will help the cabin noise a little.
etchison

jjhamick

Bucks County, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/08 06:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know what type of MH you have or if it is the same as mine. I have a catch very close to the carpet in the front center. It is very hard to find the hole due to the carpet on the dog house. I turn the catch with an allen wrench. Once the latch is released the dog house just lifts off. Mine is a 98 Winnebago.

John, Connie and Miles!
1998 Winnebago Adventurer
1999 Ford V10 chasis
2004 Jeep Liberty

"Get your facts first, and then
you can distort them as much as
you please."
-MARK TWAIN-

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/08 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I have a 97 Bounder, and perhaps they changed things over the years.

Under the small cabinet on the doghouse, I remove both drawers, then there are two wing nuts to remove, and it comes off. Remember what drawer is top and bottom.

Two latches allow the doghouse to flip up, and the front hinges do come apart. On mine, there are some fairly difficult to see clips to remove, then the pins will slide out to the side. This allows complete removal of the cover.

I would cover the hole with a large blanket and perhaps some plywood, to keep out racoons and such, and prevent snow from blowing in.

Then you can take the cover indoors to work on it anytime.

A friend of mine decided to replace the somewhat fireproof engine doghouse insulation on his older class C with something new. Well it was not fireproof, or even fire resistant, though the fire went out quickly when we sprayed water on it! Later we installed air ductwork insulation with metal spacers near where the exhaust manifold was closest to the doghouse.

So hopefully the insulation that you are looking at is designed to be put under the hood. I tested a small peice of insulation with a BBQ starter, and it would not light up after the flame was applied for about 15 seconds. The new insulation I used was 1-1/2" air duct insulation that is UL rated for flame spread and self-extingushing ability.

Fred.

RckyMtnVia

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/08 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the same thing with insulation on my 2006 Bounder. Remove the screws and the doghouse lifts off. I also insulated inside the panel below the dash on the passenger side. It does make a difference and the noise level is lower.

2013 Winnebago Via 25T
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Occasionally)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> dog house insulation 06 bounder
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS