|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> accordian shower door

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Happy Fiver

Waterford, Mi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/08 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Laredo has a sliding accordion type shower door made up of four gold color aluminum vertical bars with a flexible white plastic panel between each. It slides in two horizontal tracks. The plastic panels are starting to split where they fold. My temorary fix is clear duct tape. My question is can the plastic panels be replaced or must I replace the entire door assembly. Each of vertical bars that hold a plastic panel look like they are two bars,one snapping into the back of the other with the plastic sandwiched in between them. I'm hoping I can disassemble the bars, replace the panels with a similar material and then assemble the unit. Has anyone taken on this job? I figure if I ruin the door I can buy a new one or hang a shower curtain. I'm out of town now but plan to work on it when I am home with more tools available.

2006 Dodge Ram; 2500 cummins; short box; 3.73 limited slip differential. 16K Reese Slide Hitch. Towing a 2003 27RK Keystone Laredo 5th wheel.

KMC6970

Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/08 05:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Somewhere in your pile of stuff with the owners manual should be a mfg. instruction sheet. Has all the pieces and parts you can order. I had to buy some of the plastic sliders. No problem. Maybe there is a mfg name plate on the assembly so you can google for a parts list. Good luck and happy camping even tho fuel prices are a bummer.

C Schomer

Buckeye, Az.

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/08 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is my 2nd 5er that I pitched the piece of junk accordian door and put in a curtain. Both times I found SS pipe and bent a curtain rod with a conduit bender and made some wood blocks to mount the rod. I make the rod wrap around the ends and back into the shower about 10" so the curtain wraps far enough around, no water can splash out. I also extend the rod about 10" beyond the front edge of the shower so the curtain slopes inward and I have some elbow room in the shower. Craig

* This post was edited 03/16/08 09:27pm by an administrator/moderator *

AGBAT

Tierra Encantada

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/08 08:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Replace it with a curtain. Who ever decided accordion doors were a good idea must have been smoking something.

vonzoog

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/08 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the exact same shower "curtain" door in my Laredo. I will be very interested in what you come up with.

To be honest, I would prefer to replace the whole door with the accordion cloth type of shower curtain. They are less intrusive. Those large plastic pieces intrude into the shower area by 4 or 5 inches making my current shower to seem much tighter than the one I had in my old TT.

Keep us posted.

If you have to ask why I drive a Diesel, then you will never understand.

2004 RAM 2500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4
Cummins(305/355) 48RE Auto 11.5 Rear
2012 Raptor 300MP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> accordian shower door
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS