RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Dream Dinette manufacturer - Cass Hudson

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dream Dinette manufacturer - Cass Hudson

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
RoadAbode

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/09 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Saw and played for the first time with a Dream Dinetteā„¢ in a Jayco Claas C at the Valley Forge RV Show last week. Here's what it is if you haven't seen one. (This is on Damon's website) Was intrigued with the mechanism. Had some time this evening and started to do a bit of detailed "Googling" on it. found out quite a few RV manufacturers use this in their motorhomes and trailers.
Finally found the manufacture is Cass Husdon Co.in Elkhart.
This looks like a decent upgrade idea for RoadAbode this year - if the price is right.
I've emailed them - will post if they contact me back.
Has anyone purchased from them before?

The RoadAbode Crew
Mike ~ Amy ~ Kimberly ~ Emily ~ and Molly the pup
RoadAbode Blog

RoadAbode

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/09 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an Update - No response to email - so I gave a call today @ lunch. Nice lady in the office says they do sell retail - they have more than one version - Darin will be calling me back - and that he'll probably want some measurements.
She also was not familiar with the pricing....so I guess Darin will need to tell me that too.
Anyhoo, they have my cell, and are suppose to be calling back....

ntar827

Bay Village, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/09 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoadAbode

Is the price from the manufacturer or is it through a dealer?

Thanks

Nick

RoadAbode

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/09 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update - Darren Got back to me. The Mechanism is $125 plus Shipping.
What measurements they need are:
  • Floor to the bottom of the Window Frame
  • Floor to the "Cleat" on the bench of the dinette (the Cleat refers to the piece of wood/trim that holds the table in place when you make the dinette into a bed)

The mechanism weighs about 16lbs, so Darren said you need to reinforce the wall. One way (probably my option) is with a piece of board under that window. I'm thinking that decorative, yet sturdy wainscoting I've seen at Home Depot. If Wifey agrees, I think this will be this years "upgrade" on RoadAbode. - Maybe look at getting a new tabletop of Corian or like material cut in the process.

Anybody have one - do you like it?

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/09 03:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Neat design, Jayco started using these with others 2 model years ago. I played with one in a Jayco this weekend at the RV show, it has a smooth movement and is easy to move with one hand.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

jeffnkelly

Detroit Lakes MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/09 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have one in our Damon Challenger. We have really never used it as a bed. It works great when teh little one DGD sits at the table. We don't have to use a highchair. I actually pulled our dinette out and purchased some stakmore chairs. Finisned them to match woodwork and covered the seats with the dinette fabric.

The table is cool. DW wanted to keep it. *I* wanted a free standing table. I still have the dinette seats in storage. WHo knows??? I may end up putting it back in... *sigh*...

good luck!! AND POST PHOTOS of the work you do...

Jeff

Toy Hauler In PROGRESS

GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 Denali
JeffnKelly
Detroit Lakes MN

RoadAbode

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/09 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ntar827 wrote:

RoadAbode

Is the price from the manufacturer or is it through a dealer?

Thanks

Nick

That's the Price from the Manufacturer. I guess if I was buying 50 of 'em to put in trailers and motorhomes, I might get a price break.
But the people were patient with me on the phone, and it looks to be made well.

RoadAbode

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/09 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE Went to visit RoadAbode on Sunday and took measurements.
- Just got off the Phone with Darren at Cass Hudson. Ordered one.

They have two Sizes, one that Outer Mount is 22" the inner slider Mechanism is 13", and One with the Outer Mount 25" Inner Slider Mechanism at 11" (Just quoting what I remember he said.)

The two measurements I gave Darren were from floor to bottom of windowsill - 32"
and from floor to cleat 13" (the piece the table sits on the dinette bench when lowered as a bed)
With that info, he thought the better fit would be the 25" / 11" version

Total on my credit card should be about $145 inc shipping, and will have mounting instructions with it.

Shipping from Elkart IN, so should be here by early next week. I'll probably post pictures when it arrives, and the install process on the RoadAbode Blog.

RoadAbode

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/09 10:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE - Received on Thursday - and had this Saturday afternoon free, so picked up some parts and installed. Instructions from Cass Hudson were good, though I did do one thing different. For me, a novice at putting these things together, it went pretty smoothly. Took about 4 hours, and one reason was I had to wait a bit as my drill recharged.
The result works a lot smoother, looks better, and the table sits about 3 inches higher, has no (ugly) leg in the way to watch out for, and makes converting into a be much easier. May actually use now!
To see some pictures of the install, go to the RoadAbode Blog Post

AstroRig57

near Tehachapi, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/09 12:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoadAbode wrote:

Update - Darren Got back to me. The Mechanism is $125 plus Shipping.

So, I am assuming that is just for the table lift mechanism that would be mounted to your existing table? What about those spiffy dinette seats...with box spring like construction. Do you know if that's their product, or from someone else? I tried to access their website late last night...but it seems they were having issues.

Of course, even if I could get the dinette seats as well, it would be a big project, with a bit of engineering, as the slider mechanism, motors etc., are located under the dinette.

2005 31' Coachmen Freelander 3150SS, Stargazer II - Mobile Astronomy Unit
Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dream Dinette manufacturer - Cass Hudson
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS