Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Fifth Wheels with washer/dryer hookup question

Posted By: merrickmgt on 04/21/09 11:29am

Hello!

is it just me being new to all of this (and slightly dazed and confused), or are the fifth wheel floorplans that have w/d hookups way more expensive? I think I've looked online at just about every fifth wheel floorplan and the only time I see a w/d hookup is in a high end model...

~~~~~~~~~
A Virtual Assistant married to a musician. We are waiting for our house to sell so we can go RVing!

Posted By: donn0128 on 04/21/09 11:34am

Typically I believe that the 'family" RV's are more suited for weekenders and not long termers. Higher end RV's are more suited to the extended stay, long term/ full timer crowd and therefore offer more amenities such as the W/D hookups.
There are some family/weekend RV's that offer the hookups as an option. Just need to look around a bit.

Don,Lorri,Max (The Rescue Flat Coat Retriever?)
The Other Dallas

Posted By: Saftman on 04/21/09 01:20pm

My '06 Cedar Creek has that option. I don't know if it is considered a "High End Unit' but, it is pretty darn nice.

2011 40' Monaco Cayman
Me, The Wife & 1 Big Dog

Posted By: M GO BLUE on 04/21/09 01:21pm

On the Jayco Designer we have now an option was the W/D combo if we so choosed...we opted to not get the W/D because of the small amount of clothes that can be washed at one time and the long drying time...we typically like getting all our clothes done at one time...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel
Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

Posted By: nelsoje on 04/21/09 12:26pm

The W/D hookups is a very common option on the Sierra/Sandpiper line from Forest River. Hardly a high end brand. Many of the floorplans are family/weekend oriented.

Lee & Jessica
Zachary, Eliza, & Violet
2009 Sierra 335QBQ, Reese 15K slider
2008 Ford F250 6.4L PSD CC SB
A few pics of our 5er Sierra 335QBQ

Posted By: Mile High on 04/21/09 12:45pm

I'm not sure it's an indicator of the high end, but maybe medium end, more so than it used to be. The tendancy seems to be pushing for more models with hookups. In 2006 Montana made W/D hookups standard on all models, whereas before 2006 it was only available on 3 models. Still, I don't believe the Montana Mountaineer series even offers them.

Posted By: merrickmgt on 04/22/09 08:55pm

Thanks all. Your replies gave me hope but in the end we realized the w/d was something we could do without. The majority of our travel will have us parked in friends driveways for short trips or parked at our property, while we build our small cabin. So there we are going to build a small out building that will house our full size w/d. For traveling, we will just take enough clothes :-)

Posted By: Robert6401 on 04/22/09 09:12am

Like nelsoje said, my Forest River Sierra 335QBQ has w/d hookups as a factory option. I will probably never use them, but you never know. I didn't order this rig, bought it off a dealer's lot. They are in the master bedroom closet. I think it's another one of those things that is making its way into mid-level rigs more frequently.

2003 Ford 7.3 Superduty
2009 Forest River Sierra 335QBQ

Posted By: Dustytuu on 04/21/09 08:49pm

When we were looking at Montana and other brands, we had a Montana. Wanted a washer dryer hook up and a private bath. Montana had two floor plans with the private bath and neither had washer dryer hook ups. (None that I saw)I even called the corporate office and ask them. That is why we went with Carriage. We were also looking for a full time unit. A few of the other floor plans of Montana had washer/dryer hook ups but they were in the bedroom! A couple had them beside the door, but didn't like the scattered bath room.
Who wants a washer/dryer in the bedroom?

Lots of medium 5th wheels have washer dryer hookups.

2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers and a BIG cat

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

Posted By: 4ever on 04/21/09 03:06pm

We found w/d hookups in 30' plus models.

Print  |  Close