|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Largest Bathroom in smallest tc

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SugarHillCTD

Sugar Hill, NH, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/09 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going off-road with a TC?

There are several choices, including Northstar.

N*

Think about unbolting and removing the jacks before you go off the pavement with any TC.

Good luck,
John

John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'12 Lance 855S
B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

realter

Eastern NE

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/09 08:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Lance 825 with the cassette bath is pretty roomy. Probably bigger thean the NS Laredo.

Lowgroundpressure

north west of dallas

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/09 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sportsman Matt wrote:

Biggest thing is make sure you can fit in the bathroom and actually move around to utilize it. Reason I say this is you can look at over 100 models, all look great, but if you aren't comfortable inside it, you're just wasting time and money. Size wise, you can fit a lot of campers in your truck, but you don't want to end up with a really cramped bathroom like the one in my rig whioh you need to have the door to the bathroom open in order for a normal person to sit on the toilet.

Just how wide are your on the port side dude. I have had no problem

B. BOOMER

lost somewhere in america

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/09 08:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure that whatever camper manufacturer you go with, that the MODEL is specifically designed for a SHORTBED truck. Otherwise your center of gravity is going to be wrong.

We really liked the Eagle Caps BUT the local dealer {a real dunce} tried to SELL us one for a LONGBED {and we really didn't know the difference - when we 1st started "shopping"!!}

Thank goodness we decided to at least go look at some of the other ones in the area. The 1st thing most of them asked us was "What are you going to put it on?!" We pointed to our truck - and they ALL said "Ohhh you need a SHORTBED then."

Did I read your post right - that you plan to tow the truck AND camper behind your motorhome?! {Or am I going blind in addition to deaf }

B. BOOMER

lost somewhere in america

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/09 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're also not going to find a DRY bath in a shortbed camper!! {at least NO ONE made them back in 2004 AND we looked at them ALL}

As to the dinky sink in our bathroom - we use it to brush our teeth {and being ~a southpaw~ I can actually wash my face too - although it looks like a ducky has been splashing around in there }

You can get a small rubber mat {made for a double kitchen sink} to put on the floor of your wet bath. Helps keep your feet dry and the floor cleaner. AND the rubber keeps it from slipping.

The other tip, I've mentioned before as well. We put a small sturdy stool on the floor right outside the bathroom, so that the STEP UP AND OVER isn't such a giant leap!! {I can use the stool to reach the back of the top cupboards, too.}

Sportsman Matt

Blackstone, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/09 10:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lowgroundpressure wrote:

Sportsman Matt wrote:

Biggest thing is make sure you can fit in the bathroom and actually move around to utilize it. Reason I say this is you can look at over 100 models, all look great, but if you aren't comfortable inside it, you're just wasting time and money. Size wise, you can fit a lot of campers in your truck, but you don't want to end up with a really cramped bathroom like the one in my rig whioh you need to have the door to the bathroom open in order for a normal person to sit on the toilet.

Just how wide are your on the port side dude. I have had no problem

Not that big, but the doorway is only 16" wide, the bathroom is 18" wide x 18" deep, not quite large enough to fit with the door closed.

Life is short, Play harder.

2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Long Bed 4.3L V6 Automatic 2WD

2010 KZ Sportsman Classic 19BH Travel Trailer

Fishing and Hunting New England and eventually the world

B-n-B

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/09 02:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

B. BOOMER wrote:

You're also not going to find a DRY bath in a shortbed camper!! {at least NO ONE made them back in 2004 AND we looked at them ALL}

As to the dinky sink in our bathroom - we use it to brush our teeth {and being ~a southpaw~ I can actually wash my face too - although it looks like a ducky has been splashing around in there }

You can get a small rubber mat {made for a double kitchen sink} to put on the floor of your wet bath. Helps keep your feet dry and the floor cleaner. AND the rubber keeps it from slipping.

The other tip, I've mentioned before as well. We put a small sturdy stool on the floor right outside the bathroom, so that the STEP UP AND OVER isn't such a giant leap!! {I can use the stool to reach the back of the top cupboards, too.}

Now they do have a single or double slide short bed dry bath. Just info you.

---->Click here for Host TC SB Dry Bath<---

"RV.net, let the drama begin."

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/09 05:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeez; that new 80GS looks like an outstanding camper! If you pull the camper on your truck as a toad, the weight can't be beat (even a pop-up 8-foot camper is the same weight dry!).

The OP is looking for a shelter to use from time-to-time at his office condo parking area. I think a pop-up may be a bit too conspicuous (with the top up, it would be too obvious someone is occupying the camper, and could pose trouble if the lease regulations are breached -- even tempting it could prove fatal).

Use: the off off-pavement adventure (if I read the post right) is what the OP wishes; in light of this, the 80GS camper's water tanks and discharge holding capacity is perfect! If the air conditioner is left off the 80GS, the height would be more or less equal to a large pop-up WITH air conditioner.

The manual cranking slide-out would have to be extremely light-weight (inferred by the camper's amazing claim of 1400-LB dry weight!).

I'd like to see this camper's composite structure in more detail, but this 80GS sounds like it will fit the OP's criteria quite well...

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

DandE

WI, but looking for a better place

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/09 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too was going to suggest the Host with a dry bath for the shortbed truck.

We have a Shadow Cruiser 862 for a shortbed, but it is a wet bath TC and it has served us well.

What truck do have that you're looking to put a TC on, that will guide which campers are best suited for your set-up?

Dale & Ellen

2005 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 5.9 CTD 4X4 Long Bed w/Tonneau cover
2011 Arctic Fox 1150
2008 Polaris X2 500 ATV
2004 Bayliner 185 BR
2002 Honda VTX1300

Geewizard

Eastern Washington. Former Alaskan.

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/09 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SugarHillCTD wrote:

Going off-road with a TC?

There are several choices, including Northstar.

N*

Think about unbolting and removing the jacks before you go off the pavement with any TC.

Good luck,
John

I never unbolt and remove my jacks before going off the pavement. Everywhere I go up here is "off the pavement".
What's up with that idea?

Outfitter Apex 8
Toyota Tundra Double Cab

Mt Robson, Canada 2004

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Largest Bathroom in smallest tc
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts