Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Monaco Lineup

Posted By: Mizzouri on 12/05/09 08:06pm

What is the lineup of Monaco coaches? From top of the line to the bottom? Looking at a 2008 Monarch 30SFS.

2013 Itasca Meridian 36M
2014 Honda CRV

Posted By: tandkj on 12/05/09 08:10pm

Check this site

http://www.monacocoach.com/

Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

Posted By: RayChez on 12/05/09 08:51pm

Not much is happening with Monaco manufacturing since they went belly up. Navistar was suppose to have bought them, but not much news as to what they are going to do with the company.

2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2013 Honda CR-V EX
Aventa II
FMCA member

Posted By: pcarrell on 12/05/09 08:49pm

ejforwood wrote:

Currently, Monaco is in Bankruptcy. They were just ordered to go to full bankruptcy by the court. I read that there only two people working there. The chairman and the CFO. So don't expect much in the way of warranty backup.
OBTY, I have some stock that I will be glad to sell you.

OBTY; Monaco has been operating a a new LLC owned by Navistar since mid summer.They are currently building new coaches and offering support on pre Navistar ownership.

Phil C
'04 Monaco Windsor
Carlsbad, NM

Posted By: ejforwood on 12/05/09 08:38pm

Currently, Monaco is in Bankruptcy. They were just ordered to go to full bankruptcy by the court. I read that there only two people working there. The chairman and the CFO. So don't expect much in the way of warranty backup.

Jerry & Dottie
98 Bounder 34V, 99 F-53 Ford V10 chassis
06 Saturn VUE 4I

Posted By: malibufam on 12/05/09 08:19pm

They make many, hateti say it but I'm fairly sure Beaver is the top end. I'm nit sure if the bottom

2005 Beaver Patriot, Cat C9, Triple slide with Tag
2005 GMC Duramax "Dingy"

Posted By: The Texan on 12/05/09 09:36pm

SacsTC wrote:

RayChez wrote:

Not much is happening with Monaco manufacturing since they went belly up. Navistar was suppose to have bought them, but not much news as to what they are going to do with the company.

They are building 1 coach per week in Coburg, OR and have re-opened a repair facility there as well. The repair is now located at the plant in Coburg and not at the Diamond Hill Rd facility anymore.
Navistar did buy them and has since held two rallies to bring people up to speed
Actually, according to the VP of sales for Monaco RV during the last week of October, they are building 1 1/2 coaches a day, not a week. All you have to do Ray, is read a little bit and find out that they are doing fairly well, in this down market.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/'10 Rzr or '13 Suzuki 500 riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Posted By: pcarrell on 12/05/09 09:02pm

RayChez wrote:

I suggest you go to this website www.americanrver.com and view # 42 for a heads up on Monaco.

Posted By: ejforwood on 12/05/09 09:00pm

SacsTC wrote:

ejforwood wrote:

Better go back and read some more. That's Country Coach, not Monaco.

Riptide, Covina, Monarch, Diplomat, Camelot, Dynasty, Executive, Signature.

Yes, I believe you are right. However I do know that my stock is now worth less than $0.001 per share. Yea, that's right less than 1/10 of a penny per share. I know that I won't be buying any new MH from them. I might be willing to purchase a good used one a few years old for pennies on the dollar. They did build good ones a few years ago. Today, Who knows?
Yea, I know. Sour Grapes!

* This post was edited 12/05/09 09:09pm by ejforwood *

Posted By: golfingflyfisherman on 12/06/09 04:09am

Mizzouri wrote:

What is the lineup of Monaco coaches? From top of the line to the bottom? Looking at a 2008 Monarch 30SFS.

The lineup hasn't changed over the years, just added.

Coach Lineup

Posted By: SacsTC on 12/05/09 08:52pm

ejforwood wrote:

Better go back and read some more. That's Country Coach, not Monaco.

Riptide, Covina, Monarch, Knight, Diplomat, Camelot, Dynasty, Executive, Signature.

2007 Monaco Diplomat 400HP Cummins ISL
Source Engineering RR8R Ride Enhancement Kit
2006 Chevy Silverado 345HP 6.0 TOAD

Posted By: SacsTC on 12/05/09 08:58pm

RayChez wrote:

They are building 1 coach per day in Coburg, OR and have re-opened a repair facility there as well. The repair is now located at the plant in Coburg and not at the Diamond Hill Rd facility anymore.
Navistar did buy them and has since held two rallys to bring people up to speed

* This post was edited 12/06/09 09:25pm by SacsTC *

Posted By: Executive on 12/06/09 12:38am

ejforwood wrote:

This was COUNTRY COACH NOT MONACO. Monaco already went through that and emerged as Monaco RV LLC. ..Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Posted By: Executive on 12/06/09 12:41am

Mizzouri wrote:

* Signature
* Executive
* Dynasty
* Camelot

* Diplomat
* Knight
* Cayman
* LaPalma

* Monarch
* Covina
* Riptide
* Montclair B+

In that order, top to bottom....good luck....Dennis

Posted By: jonrjen on 12/06/09 03:25pm

Kind of a bit of irony:
Ford and Navistar split ways over the diesels built by Navistar and placed in Ford trucks....and now Navistar is building motor coaches built on and powered by Ford Motor Company.
One of those twist of fate, who da thunk?

2013 Wildcat 353LS (on of the few out there)
2013 Ford SHO
2013 F350 FX4 CC PSD
Good Sam Roadside Assistance (it's a good thing to have)

Posted By: Teacher's Pet on 12/07/09 04:40am

TimV wrote:

Mizzouri wrote:

Right now the Monarch along with it's sister product the Holiday Rambler Admiral is the highest line in the "Gas" product. They did build a Lapalma in 2008 which was higher-however no plans of this brand from the "New" Company. They also build a lower line gas called the Monaco Riptide and HR Arista. The full wall slide sold well prior to the bankrupcy and is in fairly good demand right now (building the 30SFS 33SFS and 35SFD) They are available in Ford or Workhorse Chassis. The Gas product is built in Wakarusa Indiania and they are building 2 per day at this plant as of last week.They also build a lower line gas!...........................

Note the bold type is about Ford and Workhorse gasoline chassis not diesel powered chassis.

'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'03 Ford Sport Trac Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
Two Lady Scotties on board, Butterscotch & Duchess
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 18, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Posted By: RayChez on 12/06/09 09:17am

The Texan wrote:

SacsTC wrote:

RayChez wrote:

They are building 1 coach per week in Coburg, OR and have re-opened a repair facility there as well. The repair is now located at the plant in Coburg and not at the Diamond Hill Rd facility anymore.
Navistar did buy them and has since held two rallies to bring people up to speed
Actually, according to the VP of sales for Monaco RV during the last week of October, they are building 1 1/2 coaches a day, not a week. All you have to do Ray, is read a little bit and find out that they are doing fairly well, in this down market.

Well that is good if they are manufacturing coaches again. I am glad for them and all the bitter Monaco owners that were so upset when Monaco would not repair their coaches under warranty. Maybe Navistar will uphold the warranty of some of them people that were left out in the cold.
I like Monaco's don't get me wrong. I almost bought a Camelot if it had not being for the rough ride, but a beautiful coach.

Posted By: RayChez on 12/06/09 08:46pm

jonrjen wrote:

Kind of a bit of irony:
Ford and Navistar split ways over the diesels built by Navistar and placed in Ford trucks....and now Navistar is building motor coaches built on and powered by Ford Motor Company.

You mean to tell me the Monaco's are powered by the Power Stroke diesels that are on Ford trucks?

Posted By: The Texan on 12/06/09 09:33pm

RayChez wrote:

jonrjen wrote:

Kind of a bit of irony:

You mean to tell me the Monaco's are powered by the Power Stroke diesels that are on Ford trucks?
Absolutely NOT, they are powered by Cummins for the time being and are being tested with several of the Maxforce engines that are used in their OTR trucks.

Posted By: Twomed on 12/06/09 07:33am

Monaco website, the "new" Monaco. Too bad sour grapes is trying to bury the new with the old. How many times have airlines been in and out of bankruptcy in the last twenty years?

Monaco website

Happy Trails
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

Posted By: TimV on 12/06/09 12:31pm

Mizzouri wrote:

Right now the Monarch along with it's sister product the Holiday Rambler Admiral is the highest line in the "Gas" product. They did build a Lapalma in 2008 which was higher-however no plans of this brand from the "New" Company. They also build a lower line gas called the Monaco Riptide and HR Arista. The full wall slide sold well prior to the bankrupcy and is in fairly good demand right now (building the 30SFS 33SFS and 35SFD) They are available in Ford or Workhorse Chassis. The Gas product is built in Wakarusa Indiania and they are building 2 per day at this plant as of last week. Since the "Old" company no longer exists there is no warranty however since Navistar bought the brands and facilities and started the new LLC they did hire back many of the parts and service support so getting parts is not a problem. Right now they have approx 850 employees back to work a far cry from the over 3000 the old compnay had a few years back but a good start. Good luck!

Posted By: univmd on 12/06/09 07:44am

While the Signature may be top of the line, it seems like the Dynasty is the only one with a telescopic 5th slide, very cool in my opinion:-) Yes the new 2010 Monacos are beautiful!

2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

Print  |  Close