|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Doug360

Edmonton

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/11 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sold my Class A a while back & thought that we would do all our travelling in hotels or motels from now on. Had some withdrawl pains and decided that we don't really want to stop RVing all together; we're not that old yet. But really didn't want to go to a Class A again. Just want something to go RVing if we want to, but no big commitment, and if we want to, we will hotel it. So we picked up a Falcon 190 Class B on a Dodge chassis. It is in mint condition with only 42,000 miles. We will be flying from Canada to Georgia to pick it up towards the end of September.

Can someone tell me who the manufacturer of the Falcon is?
I have Googled it but can't find anything.

Thanks,

travelcpl

Greensboro, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/25/11 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Intervec was the name of the manufacturer. They made the Falcon on the 19 ft vans and the Horizon on the 17 ft vans. We just sold our 1988 Falcon on the Ford. Well built units. We replaced with a 1999 Coachmen.

1999 Coachmen Saratoga

ibthebest

Boone,IA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/25/11 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That would be an Intervec Falcon. No longer in business.

Me "atmybest" age 4

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/11 10:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if this is an active group or not, but here's a link to an owner's group... http://www.intervecphoenix.org/

(On edit, IIRC, one of the original employees or owners of Intervec started the Phoenix Cruiser company. They make smaller class C's these days. No idea whether they're helpful with the older B's.)

Jim, "How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on."

* This post was edited 08/25/11 10:51am by Handbasket *

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Doug360

Edmonton

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/11 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all info.

Renaldow

Portland, OR

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/11 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug360 wrote:

So we picked up a Falcon 190 Class B on

travelcpl wrote:

We just sold our 1988 Falcon on the Ford. Well built units.

If it's too personal, I understand and please forgive the question!

I'm looking for a Falcon, and am just curious as to what you bought yours for, and what you sold yours for? I know not all things are equal, but I've seen 2x 89's in really good shape for $2495, an 89 in poor shape for $4000 and I think a '90 beater for 6500. A pretty big price and quality range all around, so I'm curious about actual buying/selling prices.

mbarton557

tylertown, ms

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/12 05:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just pd 800. For my Horizon. It had been sitting for several years and was used for a bunkhouse at an animal shelter. I had to put a starter and fix the wire to the fuel pump before it could be driven. 102500 miles on odometer. Elbow grease and tlc, but it will be worth all of the expense when i get through. Had a 87 diesel ford Falcon several years ago. This one is a Chevy. Looking for info on restoration now.

benfrench

Bedford, Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am currently considering a 1994 Falcon on a E-250 chassis. The guy that is selling it is asking $2500 for it. The good is he drives it often and it was just serviced, the bad is that he has not used it to camp in for 5 years +. Even when they were camping in it they didn't use the water/fridge/heat in it....thoughts?

1992 Intervec Falcon 190
US Army 2002-2010

stevelv

Living on the island

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just spent a couple of months looking for a Class B and looking at a lot of them ranging in price from $3500 to $11000 and from 1988 to 1996 - after all the looking I found a really nice 1989 for $6700 and the reason I chose that one for that price (I brought him down from $8000) was CONDITION

I looked at a 96 model that was much newer but would have needed $6000 spending on it to bring it up to the same standard as mine.

So although the one you look at may appear to be cheap, the systems can become very expensive if you cannot do the work yourself. Luckily I can so I can factor in the parts needed at their eBay prices - if I had to also pay $75 an hour labor then it would be astronomical repair costs.

Just an example - a new 13500 btu roof air can be picked up delivered for $650 and installed in a couple of hours. A local AC guy would run around $2000 installed.

OldRadios

Upstate New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/12 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 1985 Falcon (19' Ford E250 chassis) last year with no body rust, everything working, and 74,000 miles on it. I paid $1,800 for it after looking around three states for a couple of months. It had new shocks, brakes, and brake lines. Added another $260 for a full tune-up belts and hoses, and put on new tires this year. I'm up to $2,800 so I think I'm still ahead. The paint is a little faded in places so I'm considering having it repainted. I think it's worth a new paint job.

2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2003 Harley Superglide Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS