RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Workamping Forum: Information Discussion for Gate Guards

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Information Discussion for Gate Guards

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 123  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dtslinger

Where the wheels are

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/12 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Texan,
I thought you were with GGS and quite happy with them. Have I missed something? BTW, Idaho is gorgeous this time of year

Terry & Alice Esslinger
2006 Bounder DP 38L
being pushed by 2012 Terrain

The Texan

Wellton, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/12 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dtslinger wrote:

Texan,
I thought you were with GGS and quite happy with them. Have I missed something? BTW, Idaho is gorgeous this time of year
I am and we are, but it's all about $$$$$$ up to a point, especially if you brave a summer here....... There have been several companies that have contacted us and we will NOT consider them, but the ones with a stellar reputation, are worth a look at least.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

GGup

SE, South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/12 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gate is taken...I think both people involved will be happy.I let mdbass know our gate would work for a single individual. They are about to finish up the tubing and pump rods on 2 wells and then it will be pipeline (sometime) and then site pipe/production people on a 2nd site. Should only be day work after mid week next week.

Should last a long time as production will keep tankers going in and out.

So IF anyone wants a gate available on MONDAY let me know via PM and I will call you.

We have had no problems working out of the Carizzo Springs office of GGS. Have more than a year with them. I know The Texan has some problems with them but...there are people I do no want to be around as a friend but THEY still seem to have friends!!!!

So...let me know.

* This post was edited 05/26/12 10:46am by GGup *

Leathercrafter

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/12 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never mind.

Blondie Girl

Currently-

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/12 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

C & K's equipment does not look too good...but maybe they have good service people. We're just used to GGS's huge gen and everything seems to be new or fairly new each move we make.

coolbikeman1

Springfield,Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/12 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What does this mean? Have you changed gate guard companies?

Blondie Girl wrote:

C & K's equipment does not look too good...but maybe they have good service people. We're just used to GGS's huge gen and everything seems to be new or fairly new each move we make.

Blondie Girl

Currently-

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/12 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

coolbikeman1 wrote:

Blondie Girl wrote:

No..We are still with GGS. I was commenting to Texan about his wanting to contact C & K.
We are with a great rig, not much traffic(less than a page most days)and have been with them since 11/2010. Also, they always pay us extra if there is a production job or a rework job that comes in our gate.

The Texan

Wellton, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/12 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blondie Girl wrote:

coolbikeman1 wrote:

Blondie Girl wrote:

No..We are still with GGS. I was commenting to Texan about his wanting to contact C & K.
We are with a great rig, not much traffic(less than a page most days)and have been with them since 11/2010. Also, they always pay us extra if there is a production job or a rework job that comes in our gate.
the only information I have on C&K is what others have said. I have never heard any bad info on them and never any equipment complaints. They pay as an employee and their pay is good. They are a smaller company and have stayed that way, which IMO, speaks volumes to their wanting to make sure they stay solvent.

It is just the point that most of the companies have problems, in one way or another, but there are still a couple out there, that appear to be remaining true to their people and will be around in another couple of years.

john and terry

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/12 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

Cole said to give him a call, when we were ready to close this gate and he would have a gate for us. We are still considering the offer. The other company we plan on contacting is C & K Rentals in Cuero, which has a very good reputation among their employees.

All I can tell you is that Sitewatch REALLY cares about their people. Cole tends to be a bit picky about who he hires. Honestly, I like that! I have seen some folks working for other gate guard companies that I wouldn't let guard my underwear drawer.

Would I steer you wrong, Bob?

Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

Blondie Girl

Currently-

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/12 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to stay working as a contractor as long as possible. Hubby is on Social Security and is limited to how much he can make in a year until he turns 65(or 66?).

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 123  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Information Discussion for Gate Guards
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS