RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: Kingman AZ to Taylor MI Idea's???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Kingman AZ to Taylor MI Idea's???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Midnightrunboxers

Kingman, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My husband and I are going back to Michigan again. Last time we went down 75 to 40 and 40 across to Kingman. I was wondering if anyone knows a different way that is a nice drive? I have some friends going with us, and would love to see something different this time!

Thanks for your help

Jason & Tai Barnes
Owner of a 2008 Sightseer
Midnight Run Boxers
Independent Scentsy Consultant

More To See

San Diego Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Later in the season there are lots of routes to take. Right now it comes down to weather. When are you heading east? Take old Route 66 up to Seligman. Stop at Grand Cavern Canyons along the way. And in Seligman.

95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 10:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

maybe up to Las Vegas and take I-15 into Utah and over to I-80 east

Snowman9000

IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want to consider non-interstates, you can pick up a couple of different US highways (US 54 or US 56) in eastern NM which will take you diagonally towards Illinois. I'm told they are not bad routings but I haven't taken them. You'd be seeing small town OK, KS, MO, and IL for sure. We enjoy the US highways except for when they go through bigger towns with many stoplights.

The fastest way is probably all interstates: 40-44-70-69 then whatever takes you home from the MI border. You'd have tolls on 44, about $30 if you are towing, half that if you are not. It'd be a nice driving route, through tornado alley though!

2014 Sunseeker 2300 Class C (Chevy 4500)
Going soon: 2004 Crossroads Cruiser 28RL 5er

DouglasC

Summerdale, AL

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you've not yet visited Sante Fe and Taos, NM, I'd sugest getting off I-40 and heading north on I-25 to Sante Fe, then take U.S. 185 to NM 68 to Taos, then U.S. 64 north to U.S. 185 up to U.S. 160 in Colorado at Alamosa and east to I-25. Then north on I-25 to Colorado Springs. Lots to see in do in that area (Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Air Force Academy).

Between Sante Fe and Taos you may want to take a slight detour west to Bandelier National Monument and the town of Los Alamos - - both interesing to visit. All in all, beautiful country all throught that area of north central NM & southern Colorado.

Depending on when you are heading back to MI, weather may be an issue in the mountains. We did this trip in late April - - also heading back to MI. There was still snow on the mountain peaks but it was warm and sunny (day time highs in the mid 60s to low 70s) in the valleys where we were most of the time - - except for the summit of Pikes Peak where there were 6 foot snow drifts and colder temps.

* This post was edited 03/04/12 07:28pm by an administrator/moderator *

Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid with Brake Buddy

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 05:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Taylor, MI is just South of Detroit. I would like the back roads to see all of the scenery on the way. We took 5 days from Detroit to Atlanta a few years back and never saw one inch of freeway. If you have the time this could be a trip of a lifetime across Middle America.

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire, Workhorse W22, 2008 Saturn Vue, Falcon 5250, & US Gear Unified Tow Brake

M GO BLUE

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 05:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As you get close to Taylor (I live 3 miles from there) let me know your route and I can give you some backroads to take to get to Taylor, MI...

Depending where you are coming into Michigan...if you are entering Michigan via I-94 from Indiana pick us US-12 just inside the Michigan border and take it all the way east to your destination...wjhen you heit US24 (Telegraph Road) in Dearborn, MI take a right and Taylor is just 3 miles down the road...

* This post was edited 03/05/12 05:53am by M GO BLUE *

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel
Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Kingman AZ to Taylor MI Idea's???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS