|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Removing Atwood water heater

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
nm1oqrz

Trumbull CT

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello all. I have a Lance 08 1055 and I want to reinforce the front jack mounting. I found a web page on "The Lance owners of America" forums. It was posted under the name "fast5". On his web page he had several good things he did to his camper. One of the blogs was his repairing the front jacks on a Lance 1010. It was a great idea and seemed very strong. On my 1055 passenger side it will be easy as there is a storage compartment right there and the existing angle bracket is easy to access. The driver side needs the Atwood water heater removed to access the existing angle bracket.
My question is "how to remove the water heater"
Thanks Happy camping nm1oqrz

W6EOD

Swansboro, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Without a "blue print" I would take pictures with a digital camera of each and every step of the removal. Once your job is complete, reassemble and refer to your photos as required. Best of luck!

2011 Chevy 3500HD Duramax/Allison Combo, 2001 Palomino Maverick 1000

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Other than water, gas and electrical lines it should be straight foreword. Start by taking everything I already mentioned apart. Then with the door off, look for a series of screws. Take them out and the heater should pull straight out. Be sure you have a roll of putty tape for the reinstall.

Don,Lorri,Max (The Rescue Flat Coat Retriever?)
Resident Dummy.

fast.5

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 01:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi: As mentioned above, disconnect water,gas and electric. There is a bunch of screws holding the tank from the outside, remove them. You will think that there is more screws somewhere but all it will be is the butyl tape putty holding the tank in. You will have to gently pry the tank out to brake the suction of the butyl tape. If you have any more questions you can pm me here or on LOA.
Mike

2004 FORD F350 Supercrew 4x4 V10 Airlift incab controls 42" titan extension.
2007 LANCE 1131 Loaded, Air,Dicor,all weather packages Awning&Slide awning,2500lp Onan camp power,back up camera,dish
Fast.5 Reno Page http://community.webshots.com/user/fast5

d3500ram

colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty straightforward as folks have mentioned.

Not to insult, but remember the obvious... drain it first. In fact, I drained my whole system rather than depend on the valves on either side of the WH.

The more difficult part for me was reaching in to unfasten the hose fitting connections pieces.

The other piece of advice I offer is to have an assistant turn on the water so that they can IMMEDIATELY turn it off should there be a leak when you re-install. A LOT of water can find it way into the camper during an 8 second dash to get back to the spigot when a leak is discovered (don't ask me how I know that...LOL)

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
2008 NorthStar Arrow short bed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Removing Atwood water heater
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS