|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Personal Question $$$

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 10:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jake2250 wrote:

I don't think my blood pressure was up. Expressing my opinion the same as yours, although I didn't gouge anyone for buying with cash the way the opposite was done on many posts here. It was you I recall telling people to "get over it" with shouting in ALL CAPS. Seemed your blood pressure was on the rise. Practice what ya preach.

Senior member does not mean age. I am not a senior. And if I was, not sure how that is a bit relevant.

Really? Didn't yell in all caps "get over it",, what I pointed out was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I own my all my stuff not the bank! Did I use caps??Yep! Am proud of that right there..
Gouge any one?? Really??
Senior member-- "call 'em like I see 'em!! Lot of post for you to flame out on,,
Refer back to what OP asked,, That's all nothing more nothing less,, CHEERS!!!

Have a good evening. You are way more fired up than anyone on this thread. Chill out and relax.

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't believe any one made any remarks about not using CC's they are a fact of life now. If you pay the balance each statement they are a good deal. I use them for gasoline or for big ticket items,(to get the additional warranty extension), but I pay for them on receipt of the bill. They also make running around with a lot of cash in your pocket safer, to some extent. It is amazing how many ways a post can be read from what the o/p said.

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 08:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

any thread can go viral crazy fast

Magblue10

Valparaiso, IN

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 09:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought used and paid cash but I don't think it's a bad thing for people to finance a TT or any other toy if the individual see fit. Some people have several toys and some have one. Some make a lot of money some don't. I think it's just interesting to read about what diff people do. Some may use as a tax write off. Some may enjoy camping but don't want to drop 15000 on a new camper cash so they put half down and pay there 100 a month and don't bat an eye. Just my opinion on things

suerover

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/12 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Own two - paid off the first in two years and paid cash for the second. But we still keep throwing money in their direction just for the fun of it!!

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
2002 24 RB Born Free/1999 23 RK Born Free

Sandy & Shirley

North East, MD

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 12:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Zip, nada, zero

'02 F350 7.3PSD CC LB DRW, Reese 20K Hitch, Brake Smart, AirLift, C-betr mirrors,
'04 Everest 343L, TrailAir, RotoChoks, Wayne's stabilizer
Toys: Fold-Away Pet Carrier, Thermos Grill 2 GO
For more info, visit Our RV web site.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've noticed quite a few say don't care how much their rig is worth and maybe don't care if the loan is upside down. I'm not trying to argue with that but one of my fears would be if I were too far upside down, what if it got totaled, then I would still owe a lot and have nothing to show. When we paid ours off I thought about this in regard to if I died then my wife would be stuck with the upside down loan.

Jayco-noslide

dakonthemountain

Crestline, California

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok. I'll bite. I've owned many, many RVs through the years, including old beat up truck campers and large wiz-bang fivers with slides that I full timed in (while also having truck campers for fun short trips) I've owned 2 NEW, financed them both and sold them for more than I owed in the end. I don't buy new now to avoid the instant depreciation and I don't want payments anymore as I start sliding towards retirement in a few years. So, I buy used and only what I can pay cash for. My current set up ran around $9,500 and I've put around $2,500 in upgrades into. Paid cash. To me, this is the perfect situation as they are in almost new condition with very low mileage. To purchase them new right now would be many tens of thousands of dollars and given the amount of time I actually have to camp (around 4-6 days per month) there is no way I would want to pay hundreds of dollars each month in payments. But that's just me. To each his own!

The main thing?...... Go camp!!!!

Dak

2007 Lance 1055 and Calvin, the 1996 creampuff Chev Silverado 3500 extended cab dually
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Locky

West Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/12 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After my 10 year loan is paid off in another 4 years I will have paid an extra $2800 on our camper in interest. That averages out to $280 a year. Pretty cheap if you ask me. If I would have saved up money every month and waited until I had enough to pay cash for it. I would have missed the past 6 years of camping and making memories my kids will remember for a lifetime. So I would have to say if your the type that want to save up until you can pay cash for it then more power to you but for an extra $280 a year I would rather be out camping with my family than sitting home getting old.

JimChow

Fraser, MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 07:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just paid it off in April. Don't know what current value is but paid over 20K in 2007.

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued 6 year old Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Personal Question $$$
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues