|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Need a TPMS recommendation

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Flot

baton rouge, la

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/12 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ready to buy one. Need some advice. What brand and why. Also, inside rear tires are obviously difficult to access, so should I get extensions and go through the rim cover simulators for easy access? Are the extensions reliable?

Thanks

Floyd

workhardplayharder

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/12 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most will tell you to buy the brand they have because it is the only one they have used. Family Motor Coach had an article on the TPMS a few months back. If you don't have access to the article PM me and I will email it to you.

Bill S.

Indian River, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/12 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buy a Truck System Technologies TPMS. Not only does it display tire pressure at each wheel (including the toad, if you want), but also temperature, and, the system is programmable for the high and low pressure warnings, wheel by wheel. The system is nice; it provides automatic turn on and shut off, and has a rechargeable battery in the display. But the best feature of all, is the customer service, provided by Dan and his collagues. They absolutely care about customer satisfaction. They really do.

Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
Indian River, De
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
Practicing retirement!

JaBob

Roswell, Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/12 04:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been there, done that. Save your m0oney!

Bob

goldviper

Gilbert, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/12 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like one of the posters said, you will hear about the ones that that person has been using. If they post positive then it is probably a good unit.
I have the Tire Minder system and it is awesome. You can replace the batties with new ones every year or so and the batteries are free from Tire Minder until 2018. The system is programmable for tire pressure range and shows tire pressure and tire temperature. Very nice product. I do not work for this co.

kcgaz

Scottsdale, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ended up going with TST and although I had some real challenges getting it up and running, it seems to be working great. I posted some information about the system on my Blog if you are interested http://adventuresofa50yearold.blogspot.com/2012/03/up-and-runningfinally.html. I did have to install metal valve stems on the front wheels because they leaked with the rubber valve stems after our first trip. Good luck with your decision, I definitely feel safer having it up and running.

God Bless,
Kevin & Tracy
1993 Fleetwood Tioga Arrow, 30', Ford 460...Still on the road!
My Blog

Chuck&Gail

In the Colorado Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/12 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

American designed, American made, American supported Pressure Pro. True I've never used any other. So far see no reason to change. Had one problem, out of warranty, solved by customer service at no charge.

Some worry about sensor batteries. Ours are in use year round, on TV and either TT, or wifes car. Battery replacement done at factory for $30 each. Note that is what I read. Ours are about ten years old with original batteries, no telling when I'll need some.

Chuck
Wonderful Wife
Australian Shepherd
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/12 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

We also have the TST, the 507 System, with "Replaceable Battries" you do yourslef. Who wants to have to send the Sensors back and forth throough the mail when its time for New Battries. What will you do if your out and about Traveling when a Sensor dies on you ?. No Problem with the 507 TST Tire Monitoring System with Battries you can replace yourself. And you can get the "Replacement Battries" almost any where.

This is our second Tire Monitoring System we have used. We can say much good about the first one. But after already having a Tire Monitoring System before, we sure knew what we wanted in our next "Tire Monitoring System".

After a lot of research and reading up on all of the Tire Monitoring Systems out there, we chose the TST 507 System. They are Great People to work with.

No Problems what so ever with ours and very easy to set up. And yes, we do use "Tire Vale Extenders" with our 507 Sensors. We also have our Toad set up wiht the 507 Sensors also. We even have the Sensors on the Motorhomes Spare Tire, and on the Spare Tire on our Toad also. We couldn't be Happier.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

peaches&cream

Northwest Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill S. wrote:

Buy a Truck System Technologies TPMS. Not only does it display tire pressure at each wheel (including the toad, if you want), but also temperature, and, the system is programmable for the high and low pressure warnings, wheel by wheel. The system is nice; it provides automatic turn on and shut off, and has a rechargeable battery in the display. But the best feature of all, is the customer service, provided by Dan and his collagues. They absolutely care about customer satisfaction. They really do.

I to own the TST system. Have had great service from the system and the customer service is also great. I have owned mine for 4 yrs.

Yellowboat.

Auburn, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/12 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought the TPMS sold at Camping World. I got false alarms all the time. I purchased and installed the signal booster and still got false alarms.

I traded it for a TST TPMS. It has worked much better. I have had to return some of the tire sensors. The sensors were replaced under warranty.

I am now happy with my TPMS.

I have extensions on my inside duals so the hardest tire sensors to install are the outside dule tires. I have found the easiet method for me is to remove the hubcaps when I am installing sensors.

2005 Winnebago Sightseer on a 2006 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Mac our Pom
JD & Kathy

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Need a TPMS recommendation
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts