|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Used Coaches and Pets

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
CarlGeo

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 10:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When reading the Motorhome coaches for sale ads on the web on various sites, the vast majority of sellers make the statement that the coach is a 'no smoking' and 'no pets' coach.
However, I find the 'no pets' almost impossible to believe because in my travels, on the road and in campgrounds, I RARELY see any coach or trailer without at least one pet, many have multiple pets, mostly dogs.
I estimate at least ninety percent (90%), plus coaches have pets, but when owners advertise the coaches for sale, the same percentage of sellers (owners) state 'no pets'. Seems like someone may not be telling the whole truth?
Does anyone have thoughts on this issue?

jtall

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 10:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Somebody lie about the condition of an item they are selling, especially a dealer, shocking. Any description of the condition of an RV that is for sale should be taken with a grain of salt. Always thoroughly check out everything on the RV, look for stains, and smell for odors.
John

John and Patti
Retired US Army
Lifetime member DAV and VFW

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 10:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of them are also "never had a leak", maintained meticulously, never wrecked, and owned by "a little old lady just for going to church on Sundays!"

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

UsualSuspect

Saugus, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 12:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not sure anyone, except the original owner could ever tell you if it has ever been smoked in, or had pets, and even they may not be upfront about it since the market is soft and they are trying to sell, and get the best price they can for it. As with anything, there is always the sniff test, if it smells musty, like smoke, or like pets, you know it probably was not well taken care of, or at least not cleaned well.

2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD )
2011 Toyota Tundra
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 12:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those ads means they are not smoking in the coach nor are there any animals, pets, etc. AT THAT MOMENT..........Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
Chevy HHR W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Captain_Happy

Abilene, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 04:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you need to go straight to the factory and pick yours up.

kjbkjb

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 04:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always chuckle when I see “No smokers, no pets” in RV ads as well. I think by nature, most RVers are pet lovers. I once read an ad for a motorhome that included that statement yet in one of the pictures there were two cats sleeping on the couch. Maybe they were just stuffed animals. I can honestly say my motorhome has never been smoked in unless factory personnel smoked in it during construction. But I would not be honest if I said “No pets.” Our Buddy goes with us every time we take our RV on the road.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 04:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is one 5 year old coach, with 135,000 miles, that has never even been slept in and the shower has never been used. It is a toy hauler but it has never had any toys in the back compartment either. Kinda hard to believe what people claim in their ads about smoking, pets, etc......
Coach for sale

* This post was edited 06/26/12 07:17am by rgatijnet1 *

Flowergirl

MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 05:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. Makes me chuckle too. We are a rare breed with no pets. We bought a used moho once that had a prior pet and the only problem was we found two stray hairs. No big deal.

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 05:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been in a lot of used Rv's that stated no pets. The only ones that I've seen that had no evidence of pets were new from the factory. Look around the base of cabinets in a carpeted area or the seams of furniture and you will find pet hair. Vacuums are just not strong enough to get this area. If you hired a professional detailer they may take the time to hand clean these area's but most dealers or private sellers won't and most people won't even check. If you want to find pet, smoke, or mold/mildew smells just close up the RV for an hour on a hot day with no ventilation and those smells will come right out no matter how well they are covered up. Most people buy an RV so they can travel with their pets and more and more campgrounds are now pet friendly so the chances are good that a used RV had pets in it.
Todd

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Used Coaches and Pets
Search:   Advanced Search