|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Jonathan Dickinson SP in Florida in July

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
importman

Lake City,SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 05:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi guys, We're looking for a place to overnight on July 21st on our way to the keys and this place looks good. It has good reviews and all but.... It seems no one is staying there. Out of 120 +/- sites only about 15 are reserved. Normally that would suit me fine but I'm wondering why. Is there something others know that I don't? Bad time of year, too buggy, etc? Anyone have any idea what's going on there? I'd gladly continue on to the keys for our first night if we could get a spot but you all know how that goes. Any input on this park would be appreciated. Thanks, Danny

chuggs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It might be because of the heat. The campsites that I've seen have ZERO shade. The main attraction is the "Wild & Scenic" Loxahatchee River. If you canoe or kayak it's a fun destination. Although the river is some distance from the campground.

If you're just stopping over for the night...if you plan on arriving later in the day...hopefully the temps will start falling and your a/c can keep up. It will be comfortable overnight. Then if you're off the next morning for the Keys...then you'll have no problem with that.

If you need suggestions for Restaurants, etc...for your stopover, let me know... We live in Jupiter...just down the road a bit --- and can probably help you out with some suggestions.

Safe Travels!

Charlie

rr2254545

MN, current Ca North Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a problem for an overnight, the new section has sewer but when we stayed there in 2011 it was an added bonus as the reservation service did not mention it. Note this park was totally rebuilt after a hurricane. In the new section every thing is new including the showers and restrooms. They were even replanting the palms when we were there.

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
158 Campgrounds since we retired in 2009

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice campground when we were there during the winter of 2011 but too hot in summer. In Everglades NP in summer they don't even charge to stay in campground because too hot and buggy and that's not that far from JD.

Jayco-noslide

lizzie

Unaka NC &Sopchoppy FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a very nice campground but July is deadly hot in South Florida. JDSP is not on the ocean so no breeze to blow the no-see-ums away. Anywhere you stay you will have to run the a/c full blast. Might as well stay there. lizzie

importman

Lake City,SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to everyone. It seems the consensus is the heat is keeping people away. My intention is to drive as far as we can stand on the first day and try to get as close as possible to the keys. Like Lizzie said, might as well stay there. If my plan works we would be arriving probably around 4-6 oclock and hopefully the temps will start dropping shortly after that. I guess the good news is I won't need to make a reservation. With that in mind we'll probably play it by ear and see where we land. Thanks again everyone for the help. Danny

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Jonathan Dickinson SP in Florida in July
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS