RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Sleeping 4 in a B?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Sleeping 4 in a B?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Tandrup

San Francisco, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 02:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a RT RS Adventurous. We are a family of 3 (12 yr old daughter). I have focused my search on a Sprinter-based class B due to (amongst many others):
- size of family
- when my daughter leaves home we will only be 2

I am concerned about buying the RV too small - in case my daughter wants to bring a friend etc. Hence, my focus has been on ensuring that we can sleep 3 or 4. Now to my question that I hope you can help with:

The PW's and the Winnebago ERA look like they only sleep 2 - yet some of them have the same 4 seats up front as the RS Adventurous. Does anyone have experience in converting the front seating group into sleeping arrangements for children on the PW or ERAs - inspired by the system that RT uses?

Thanks,
Lars - San Francisco, CA
Hoping to own a Class B pretty soon...

georgelesley

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I currently own and have seen a lot of "B"s. Have yet to see one large enough to sleep four, especially if two are teens. You will quickly run out of space when travelling and on rainy days when stopped. I would suggest a small/mid sized "C". Buy what you and the wife need when it only the two of you, a "B" may well suit then.

George & Lesley
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A

dwhitmoyer

Potomac Falls, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would agree with going with the Class C. They make 26" that at least have two separate sleeping areas. It's way too crowded to have two people standing up in a B much less sleeping four in there.

I downsized my rig to fit my dog.

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in a similar delimma, although in my case, it will just be me, but sometimes 2-3 friends/family may join.

Most Bs can sleep two people. Three, I've seen only a very few floor plans that convert the front passenger seat to a narrow bed. Four? No real way, and it will get cramped fast in rainy weather.

Maybe the answer might be a small C, such as the 22-24 foot models on the Sprinter chassis. They can sleep two on the queen bed, 1 on the dinette, and 1-2 in the cabover.

lfloom

Pasadena

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 02:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look into Sportsmobile - they have a poptop option that will give you an upper bed - perfect for a 12 year old and a friend.

wsfurrie

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You not only have to sleep extra people but you also have to carry their clothes and toys and food and bedding, etc.
Wayne

Wayne

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As has been said there is really no room to sleep four in a Class B - and there is no privacy either. You can sleep three uncomfortably in an Adventurous but when you look at one take a look at how the front actually makes up into a bed - those who have tried sleeping there (in just about any model) say it is only good for a very small child. A 12 year old girl is at that stage where her privacy when changing, etc. means a lot - and this will not happen in a Class B - and perhaps only in a large C. And multiply that by two 12 year old girls - and one of them just a friend, and there is no way to do this without a lot of awkward and embarrassing moments.

A B is great for 2, on the edge for three, and not good for 4.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

McK

Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 04:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What 1775 said. Sleeping space is only one of several issues that must be addressed. For example, changing clothes in a B wet bath can only be done by 10 year old Chinese gymnasts: Cirque du Soleil - Contortionists

We took one trip with our then 17 year old daughter. We stayed in campgrounds with showers each night.

Robert
2006 Sportsmobile Sprinter

Johnworth914

USA!

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Pleasureway will sleep 2 very comfortably, and three in a pinch.
When our son brings a friend, we bring a small tent.

Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!

Johnworth914

USA!

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dwhitmoyer wrote:

I would agree with going with the Class C. They make 26" that at least have two separate sleeping areas. It's way too crowded to have two people standing up in a B much less sleeping four in there.

I don't mean any offense. I make more than my share of typos... but I got a good laugh out of the 26 INCH class C with two sleeping areas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Sleeping 4 in a B?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS