|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Just booked Myrtle Beach Travel Park for July 13-15

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
CampingN.C.

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got back from MBTP. We really liked it. No crowd the week before the 4th. It's like OL without all the golf cart traffic. You cannot bring your golf cart and they don't rent them.

2005 Chevrolet 2500HD CCSB 4X4 6.0 Bilstein shocks.
Reese Dual Cam.
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 08:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stclairm wrote:

I'm hoping this will be THE beach campground for us. We're hoping to leave the trailer there and come the following two weekends. They only charge $45 for a month of storage, that is a deal. We've been to Pirateland, Lakewood, and stayed in a house several years back at Ocean Lakes. Just came back from our second visit to HTP Emerald Isle. So far, HTP is the nicest, although smallest with least amount of amenities for the kids. I don't count $9 go cart rides as an amenity. MBTP has a fishing pond, a huge pool, and a lazy river. I also like the MBTP is at the northern end of MB.

Wow you got lucky. it's hard to get into. and as for the min stay. I remember reading. You can book a shorter stay IF you do it less than 2 weeks before you want to go, and they have a site avalable. After all. Two nights rent is better than letting it sit empty. you'l ;love it.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

Have fun. We arrive on the 15th at OL. Our camper is stored there now, but we will be taking it with us. We will leave on the 20th and will head to Wilmington and stay at the KOA there a couple nights. Then we hope to hit campgrounds closer to us for the rest of the year. We are really missing Stone Mountain State Park!

While you are at the KOA. Do yourself a big favor, and take 421 to Carolina Beach. Get a bunch of Britt Donuts. They are the very best in the world, and well worth the trip.

rode2nowhere

southern indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/12 05:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have not been there but heard it is excellent, wish i was going....

Tripalot

Golden Horseshoe, Ont. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/12 06:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CampingN.C. wrote:

Just got back from MBTP. We really liked it. No crowd the week before the 4th. It's like OL without all the golf cart traffic. You cannot bring your golf cart and they don't rent them.

That's why we like it best.

2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
Fiat Abarth, fast little car, great gas mileage - hardly know its there
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Crowe

Billerica, MA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/12 09:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love both HTP and MBTP. MBTP is great-you'll love it.

Subscribe to the 3 "L" rule-don't stop livin', lovin' and learnin'

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

love2rvcamp

Close enough to Atlanta to hate the traffic

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 06:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be in Myrtle Beach that same time. We are staying at Willow Tree RV Resort. I also like it that it is up towards North Myrtle Beach.

Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

Stclairm

Apex, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, we're a Mike and Michelle family with two kids!! If that place was on the beach, I'd be there. I recommend you try Dick's Last Resort restaurant if you haven't been. They're rude and condescending on purpose, it's a blast! (depending on the age of your kids, it can be a little nasty)

love2rvcamp

Close enough to Atlanta to hate the traffic

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 08:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our kids are 18(son) and 14 (daughter), well guess my 18 is not a kid anymore. We will try that place, I am looking for a place that have chargrilled oysters like they do in New Orleans but not finding many places.

We have camped at other MB parks and for some weird reason Willow Tree fits us. My kids don't really like the ocean and they love the lake at Willow Tree with the inflatables they have. So they go between the beach/lake and the pool all day and they are happy. We do try to get them to the ocean at least once but last time after about 1 hour they were ready to go back to the campground.

We have camped in Destin and they spend all their time at the pool and we have to drag them to the ocean. Guess they have been stung by jellyfish to many times and watched Jaws to much So with that being said Willow Tree gives up the activities of Myrtle Beach and I can sit and put my toes in the samd at the lake and everyone is happy.

I noticed your profile says you play the drums well the 18 year old has been playing the drums since he was 5. He plays in the praise band at our church. Rock On!!!!!!!

Happy Camping
Michelle

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Just booked Myrtle Beach Travel Park for July 13-15
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS