RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Rogue River Jet Boats

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Rogue River Jet Boats

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
RonR2440

Foxfield, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/12 09:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are getting ready to head to the Oregon coast. I researched the Rogue River jet boats and had a number of questions. One jet boat company leaves out of Gold Beach and heads inland and the other company is in Grants Pass and they head towards the ocean. If anyone has done the jet boat experience, what are your recommendations on which boat to take, Gold Beach or Grants Pass? Both companies also offer different boat trips, not only in length but some also stops for lunch. I would appreciate also knowing what you thought was a good tour length and whether a lunch time stop was worth it? I read that the Gold Beach company stops and gives you a choice of 3 restaurants. If you have any positive/negative comments about the restaurants, I would like to hear them. Lastly, if you could tell me what campgrounds you stayed at in Gold Beach and/or Grants Pass and whether you would recommend them, I would appreciate that information too (In case someone wants to direct me to RV Campground Reviews, already done that). Again, thank you ahead of time for your responses.

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to live in Grants Pass, and have returned to take the jet boat rides, enjoyed the lunch, it was fun, with lots of deer nearby that come in for the bread.

They spin the boats around in the water, and it gets everyone a bit wet.

I would take the trip again if given a chance, and I get back into the area.

They also run a similar trip in Portland OR.

I want to take a trip to Gold Beach. It sounds like fun too.

Ferndale CA has a lumber mill, and it was interesting to visit and take a self guided tour.

When in the Avenue of the Giants, then there are a few trees that have a tunnel cut into them.

Fred.

Earl E

Green Valley, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/12 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are two company's that go up the river from Gold Beach. Take the Original Mail Boat trips. http://www.mailboat.com/ Those are the most authentic and most fun. Trips from the Grants Pass don't go to the same places. Best place to camp is in Brookings at Harris Beach State Park. You will also find it is milder weather, most of the time, than Gold Beach. It's a beautiful place with plenty of sites from full hookups to primitive sites. Your choice.

2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2011 Keystone 23rks Hideout to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Stranger

Sparks, NV. USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/12 12:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grew up going to Gold Beach just about every month. Recommend the Mailboats. They are usually the first boat on the water. Therefore, you get to see the wildlife before they're scared off.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "Wow, what a ride!".
2002 3500 6 Speed
2005 ALFA
Just 72 feet!

cpaulsen

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/12 04:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless something has changed since I grew up in Medford....I did not think the jet boats from Grants Pass go to Gold Beach. Would be hard to get past Blossom Bar. I would stay in Gold Beach and do the boats upriver. Ireland's RV park or another number of them right there. Saves you at least 1/2 hour of driving time from Brooking to Gold Beach.

cpaulsen

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/12 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Done both. The Hellgate Jet boat trips that leave out of GrantsPass are way better IMO. We have done both the dinner and brunch excursions. The Mail boats that run from Gold Beach were just okay. The scenery out of GP is a lot more interesting than the trip from GB. If you have never done either then both will be fun. But having done both we will always do the GP trip 1st. Theres a really nice RV park http://www.moonmountainrv.com/in GP that we stayed at.

larsons

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/12 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hell-gate Jet boat excursions www.hellgate.com in Grants pass would be the one for a great fun and cooling ride. We've rode the boats several times. The dinner cruse at the OK Coral, is the best one IMHO. It runs from Grants Pass to Hellgate canyon and back. There are several Josephine county parks to camp and one state park right off I-5. A must see and do. Haven't done the Jet boats on the coast. But I'm sure they are a blast also. Happy Camping, Lu

Jerry & Lu
Southern Oregon
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W

JohnG3

Morro Bay, California, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/12 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We took Jerry's Jets from Gold Beach to the Paradise Lodge (as far up river from Gold Beach as you can go in a power boat). Happy with the ride. Never on a Mailboat trip so cannot comment.

John and Elaine. Furry ones, Mia, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious (MissC for short).
F-250 SD,Excab, V-10
2004 Titanium 26E31DS with Bug Room.

Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

SH

Lynden, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/12 08:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did the Hellgate 4 Hour Champagne Brunch thing. It was worth the time and expense...got to see the scenery from John Wayne's "Rooster Cogburn" river raft trip.

2001 Alpenlite
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo

SteveAE

Bend, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RonR2440,

If you want to have a different Rogue river experience, consider taking a jet boat trip upriver from Gold Beach to Paradise Lodge where you can spend the night and then hop on the jet boat going downstream the next day. To do this, you will have to make arrangements in advance.

Have fun,
Steve

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Rogue River Jet Boats
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS