Is there a significant difference in 'surge protectors' for a Class A using 50 amps? We are in the process of finding one, but don't know the ins and outs of them. Also, we are going for the portable one. I assume there is no difference in protection with direct wired and portable. What is your experience with this?
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. When it happened, we also checked the shore power, it was fine, but still moved to another site, still no power, tried the generator, it also worked fine, but didn't alter the situation, checked the battery disconnect switch, nothing. Basically the panel that shows electrical activity was dead. No lights, no anything, nada. The tech is supposed to be back tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe he can figure it out. I will be out of town, so I'm hopeing all will be fixed when I return. Ha!
NO POWER TO FUSE PANEL! The Story: Been on the road 3 weeks, we're on the way home, 100+ degrees, had just pulled into an RV park, got set up, turned AC back on as it had been running on road via generator, all of a sudden coach power goes off. We checked everything we could think of and couldn't find the problem. Not a breaker, inverter, batteries fine, but NO DC POWER! Left RV park, arrived home around 2:30 AM, unloaded the fridge to the old ice chest (stopped and bought ice on the way), got to bed @ 3:30. Called Tech early next morning, he checked it out, now he's scratching his head. We have a 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. We keep thinking this must be something simple that we just can't find. Called MONACO, explained problemm, still no power. Has anyone had a similar problem?