I have a Dutchman 277RLS, many trailers have that floor plan, it's similar as the one posted on this tread. Sometimes you can tell what kind of disposition a trailer has, just by the letters of the floor plan: for example,my RLS stands for Rear Living Slide. RBS is for rear bunkhouse and so on.
I use my trailer every week-end from May through October, and 2 complete weeks when I'm on vacation and a use one 30 pound tank for the season. Some water-heater, such as mine, can work on electricity and gas. I run the water heater on electricity, along with the fridge, so I only use propane for the furnace and my exterior bbq. I don't travel, I'm on a seasonal site.
Just to clear any confusion: the socket adaptor I used is a socket with 2 wires sticking out of it, there is no longer a bulb. I just used the end of the connector from the 120-12 volt converter, slice it on the socket adaptor. And, by putting the remote module inside the porch light, you do loose some range with the remote control. I experienced with the different colors, but I sticked with the blue for now.
The light bulb in the porch light is a 1156, I ordered some 1156 socket adaptors from ebay. It's basically a socket with 2 wires sticking out of it. My LED module is small enough to fit inside the porch light, all you have to do is grind a little groove on the lens so the wire can come out. I can't get the link with my Ipad, but on youtube, the video for LED strip for rv is from FPV DEE.
After many years with a pop-up trailer, we bought a 19 foot travel trailer. After a year of week-end trips we went to a seasonal site, after the first season, the 19 footer became a little cramped, especially on rainy days... So, we traded the 19 footer and we got a 27 feet with a 12 foot slide. I see this trailer more like a cottage, it's our summer home... In a few years, we might get a 40 feet destination trailer and spend even more time at the campground.
I'm lucky enough to be handy so when I have an issue, I usually can fix myself. Last summer, I had an issue with the furnace, the board was defective, so I upgraded it with a better Dinosaur board. This spring, one of the (cheap)ball valve started to leak, so, once again I upgraded it to a better quality part. I see those problem as opportunity to improve what is sometime cheap parts or poor handicraft.