RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Samsung RV Microwave Recall-updated - More Models added - 6/5/04

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Samsung RV Microwave Recall-updated - More Models added - 6/5/04

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
MELM

GA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/03 07:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Updated 6/5/04

Edit - Additional Units Recalled (thanks to Dee Reed for this):

* NHTSA Recall No. 04E031
Samsung Microwave Oven Models MR1031WB, MR1032BB, MR1033SB, MR1352BB, and MR1351WB

On approximately 117,157 models of Samsung microwaves manufactured between May 2000 and September 2003, there is a defective membrane panel. An electrical short can occur, causing the oven to activate without pressing any key pads. This could result in excessive heat, smoke or possibly a fire.

Samsung will notify its customers and repair the panel. In the meantime, consumers should unplug their microwave, if possible. If the consumer is unable to unplug the microwave, they should leave the microwave oven door ajar until the membrane panel is replaced. Consumers should never use the microwave oven for storage or leave any towels, paper, cloth or other products in the microwave after use. Owners may contact Samsung at 800-932-3837 or the National Highway Traffic Safety AdministrationÕs Auto Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236. To search NHTSAÕs database of recalls, visit www.nhtsa.dot.gov.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on this link for information on the Samsung RV Microwave Oven Recall:

183,697 Samsung RV Microwaves recalled:

FYI, the multiple forum post is approved by the Admin.

Mel

* This post was last edited 06/05/04 07:31pm by MELM *   View edit history

MNArt

Champlin, MN USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/03 12:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for bringing this recall to our attention, we unplugged our microwave last night until we can get it to a dealer.

2002 Chevy 2500HD D/A, CC, SB, SRW
2001 Sea Hawk 28RKS, Pullrite 16K Slider,
Prodigy Controller

cummins01

Sheridan, Ar.

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/03 05:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one of these in my unit. Called Samsung yesterday, they took my name address and phone number. Said I should receive a phone call within 24hrs with instructions on where to take it after I receive my recall notice. The person I talked to said to unplug the MW and only use it when needed. They were very nice and helpful.

2008 Heartland Big Horn 3670RL 38ft. 2001 Dodge 2500 CTD,Q/C,A/T, Power Puck, 4" exhaust, AutoMeter Pyro, Trans Temp and Boost Guages, K&N air box, hx35 turbo, CIPA Towing Mirrors, Husky 16K hitch.

FB1965

East Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/03 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I called Samsung today and they took my name and mailing address.This was to make sure I would get the recall notice at home.They needed the model number,serial number and the date made ,thats on the right side just inside the door.The number I called was 1-800-932-3837.I told them I wanted to make sure I got the notice because I wasn't sure the dealer had sent the paper work in when I bought the camper.They said I would be receiving the papers in the mail.

RaynSam

Florida Panhandle

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/03 12:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My son had one of these micro waves that caught on fire, it was installed in the living quarters in the front of a horse trailer.It truned itself on and caused several thousand dollars damage, Samsung paid his deductable and sent him a new microwave(different model)eventhough the company had some bad units they took care of everything to make sure that everybody was happy and all damage was taken care of.

2002 Chevy,3500 Dually, Duramax, Allison 5 speed,
34 ft Montana
Banks Exhaust Brake
Prodigy Controller
Ray,Sam, Barney and Roxy

DodgeRamHO

Grunthal, Manitoba, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/03 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey there, well i just read this and our trailer as A samsung microwave with one of the numbers. we bought it used, what do we do. Contact an rv dealership. Do all of them do what described, turned on?

2004.5 Dodge 2500 SLT '610' CTD Crew Cab
2000 Fleetwood Mallard Fifth Wheel 28'

JRC

Rancho Cucamonga CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/03 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I received a call from a Samsung representitive today after receiving and verifying the model number on my unit, they would be sending the repair parts to my house. All that's required after the parts arrive is to contact their service (Maytag repair person) in your area and they will come to your house or RV Storage facility in my case to do the repair. Good to see someone is looking out for their product.

1999 Dodge 2500 QC CTD manual 5 speed
2001 Carriage Cameo LXI F27RKS

tdc50

Pawnee, OK.

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/03 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just wanted to let you known that Samsung really wants you to be happy with your Microwave. I called and they gave me a phone number to call and I noticed that the dealer was over 70 mile away so they called a dealer about 30 mails away and they said they would come to my home and fix it in the 5th wheel.
I think they know how we fell and want to help. Just be nice to them and they will work with you on this.

11-1-2003
I just wanted to update you on my microwave, I got the part on Friday and thet came on Monday and installed it and they serviceman was as nice as the people at sansung. Iam very pleased with the way this went and I thing Samsung is working to please us.
Terry

* This post was edited 11/18/03 09:49am by tdc50 *

Terry & Kathy Collins
2000 Chevy 3/4 W/6.0
2002 Seahawk 3 slide
Prodigy & Husky Slider

cummins01

Sheridan, Ar.

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/03 05:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got my part from Samsung a couple of days ago, waiting on the repairman to come install it. Samsung has very good customer service, making sure you are happy. They have called several times since I called in on mine.

crewcab03

grants new mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/03 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a o3 fleetwood That has the model you mentioned the company has all ready sent me a re call .I will need to pull it back to the dealer 90 miles . I thank they should replace it my shed.

jerry garlow

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Samsung RV Microwave Recall-updated - More Models added - 6/5/04
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS