Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Pullrite Superglide 16K hitch weight???

Posted By: RVFamily on 01/27/04 08:58pm

Does anyone know how much a Pullrite Superglide 16K hitch weighs?

2003 Ford F250 V10 CrewCab
1999 Starcraft Spacemaster Pop-Up (sold it in Oct 2003)
Looking for a fifth wheel bunkhouse
Mom, Dad, 4-yr old daughter, 4-mo old son, golden retriever

Posted By: Bear Creek on 01/27/04 09:33pm

Yes, I just emailed the factory today. Here is there reply: >Brackets, hardware, baserails, hitch, etc. Total package weighs 290 lbs. > >Amy DeLaruelle > >Customer Service > > > >-----Original Message----- >From: G#e#o#e@aol.com [mailto:G#e#o#e@aol.com] >Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 3:07 PM >To: info@pullrite.com >Subject: Installed weight of a Pullrite hitch > >Hi, > >I have ordered a Pullrite Model No.3345, 16K SuperSlider with the >SuperRails system from a nearby authorized dealer. It will be >installed within the next two weeks. > >I'm trying to determine the available payload capacity of my truck after it is fully prepared for towing. I would appreciate your >return email advising the installed weight of the mentioned hitch >system. > >Thanks! > >Gary Hozempa >g#e#o#e@aol.com (edit) Spider proofing :)

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

* This post was edited 01/28/04 09:12am by Bear Creek *

Posted By: Twice Retired on 01/27/04 10:21pm

Initially, I was a bit concerned about the PullRite Superglide weight as I was considering the purchase. However, having now used the hitch, I find it so useful, and works so well, that the weight penalty over the competition is well worth it to accept. Quality construction, materials, and close tolerances! Great hitch and quieter than others that I've been around. Good luck!

Twice Retired
2007 Phaeton 40QDH MBE 926
2009 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 Toad

Posted By: Campinandgrinin on 01/28/04 07:42am

I think you've picked a top-of-the-line hitch from the research I've been doing. They say it is heavy and H@!! but that doesn't bother me, it is a trade-off for a quality unit.

My question to you, since I am in the shopping mode too is how much are you seeing them for in your area? The best I've seen a 16K SuperGlide is $1,373 and Super Rail Kit $410 at bigdiscountrv.com, Does that sound reasonable? (free shipping too, a little over 300 lbs.)

Thanks,

03 Chevy,Duramax,Crew,LT
04 Jayco 305 BH

Posted By: Bear Creek on 01/28/04 09:06am

Campinandgrinin wrote:
Quote:

I think you've picked a top-of-the-line hitch from the research I've been doing. They say it is heavy and H@!! but that doesn't bother me, it is a trade-off for a quality unit.

My question to you, since I am in the shopping mode too is how much are you seeing them for in your area? The best I've seen a 16K SuperGlide is $1,373 and Super Rail Kit $410 at bigdiscountrv.com, Does that sound reasonable? (free shipping too, a little over 300 lbs.)

Thanks,

That sounds reasonable but, does it include professional installation?
My hitch and installation will cost about $300 more that your numbers, installed at a factory authorized hitch shop. They will also handle the details of having it Line-x'ed after installation at another shop nearby at no extra cost. The service to me is another component of the quality.

Posted By: RVFamily on 01/31/04 11:14am

We have a local dealer "Bay RV" who is an authorized dealer for Pull Rite and their price is pretty much right on with your numbers. It totals up to about $2300 for the hitch, four post fancy mount completely removable kit, and installation.

Print  |  Close