|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RE: Owner's Manuals

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
916Weekenders

West Sacramento, CA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/04 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning all,

Newbie here… I love this forum. A lot of kind, generous and gentle people here (and patient with newbies, I might add, lol).
I just took delivery on a used fifth wheel 2001 Hornet by Komfort. It didn’t come with any owner manuals of any kind. The dealership doesn’t have them and doesn’t seem motivated to get that info for me. I also did a Google with no luck. Any suggestions as to were to look for and acquire owner’s manuals?
Thanks in advance,
Roy

Arlene, a wonderful partner in life
2004 2500HD Chevy Silverado LS, EC, LB, 6.0, Allison LCT1000, 4.10 limited slip rear-end
Reese 16k hitch
2001 Hornet 255R, 27’ fifth wheel

spokaneronk

Spokane, wa

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/04 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, good luck to you on getting them. I purchased a 2000 Rex Air motor home in December and had to dig to get anything on it, including the manufacturer. Then it cost me on top of it. If you can get a dealer to come thru, you are lucky. I did get the dealer to refund me for the ones I had to pay for so you might go for that. For some help on this issue as far as your appliances, look up the manufacturers web site, many have pdf files you can download and print out. Others have tel numbers that you can call and they will either send you a manual free for for a charge. That is the best advice I can offer. I could never understand why anyone in their right mind would take the manuals out of any rv...I have found need to refer to them on numerous accasions.

Ronk
2000 Rex Air
35' two slides
Triton V10
2003 Suzuki XL-7
One ornery little Shih Tsu (hope I got that right.)

jacandjer

Mesa, Az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/04 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 2003 Cougar new from a dealer in Nov 2002 and the Owners Manual was very generic for any Keystone product and didn't address a lot of the specifics for the Cougar (Slide maintenance, etc). I think if you can find a general maintenance manual for R/V's it should suffice.

jacandjer
2006 SEABREEZE LX 8341
Workhorse W22
2007 Saturn Ion (toad)

916Weekenders

West Sacramento, CA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/04 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks spokaneronk for your advice.

As usual this forum is a wealth of good advice and information.

Phils

Cherokee, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/04 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roy,

I don't know what the difference is between a "Hornet" by Komfort and just a regular Komfort, but I have the manuals for our 2001 27' Komfort fiver. It's not a long drive from you to me and I have a copy machine for any pages you felt important enough to want to keep. Send a private message if you want to come by the office one day, and I'll bring in all of the manuals/booklets/instructions we received with our unit. Or if you have specific questions I'll look them up for you.

Phil

'03 F250 7.3 deezle and '01 Komfort 27FS
Off the grid and outta sight at home
Go camping to have neighbors and amenities

Yeti Shaman

Cape Canaveral, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/04 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roy

I would start by going all over the trailer and listing everything that runs on
AC, DC & LPG Gas . Look at the nomenclature tags and record
manufacturer , model number , series , Serial number

Examples;

Fans +
- Stove vent
- Bathroom Ceiling exhaust
- Power center Converter , plus list all fuses & breakers
- Furnace
- Furnace auto ignition smart card

OTHER

- Clock in entertainment center
- FM / AM radio & station memory
- TV roof antenna booster
- Refrig & smart card
- Furnace auto ignition & smart card if equipped
- Lights ; ceiling , refrig., outside & stove hood light
- Light bulbs , interior & exterior & type base
- Thermostat
- Electric water heater * smart card if equipped
- Water pump
- Stove hood vent control switches & displays
- Smoke, CO2 & LPG detectors & alarms
- Microwave
- LPG gas tank regulator
-Toilet
-Fire extinguisher
- Patio awning
- Tires , pressure & load range

Using this info , build a database on your puter
Then start looking on internet , by manufacturer , for the installation / operation & maintenance manuals

Phils

Cherokee, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/04 06:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roy,

The manual for Komfort would probably be about the same as it wasn't specific to model (ours is mid-kitchen, 12' slide). We have a Norcold fridge but the other appliances seem to be the same.

I have two Americana refrigerators in my house kitchen, tho, and also have the manual for them. That Dometic Americana frige seems to be known for thermocouple failures. See this thread: http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/13566643.cfm I'd advise buying and carrying a spare thermocouple for it. Only about $20 or so, and not difficult to change, but losing one on a camping trip is a pain (buying ice chests and ice and eating the frozen stuff as it thaws).

We had a problem from the factory with that oven. From the time it was new sometimes the pilot would go out during use. Couldn't predict it. We'd turn on the oven and begin baking. Check it maybe a half hour later to look at doneness, maybe it would be going fine and maybe it would be out and cooling down. Tried adjusting the pilot, made no difference at any setting. Finally contacted Atwood last summer (they make the Wedgewood Vision oven).

They told me it was a manufacturing error and paid for a dealer to install a new pilot assembly, even though I was over my two-year warranty (but by only a month or two). They also said that if I'd asked them much earlier they wouldn't have known the answer, as they'd finally figured out what was going on only a few months before that. They said that the pilot orifice was too large and would sometimes get 'blown out' when the burner ignited, meaning the next oven cycle wouldn't work. It's worked flawlessly since.

My holding tank valves are controlled by extension rods that are located in the basement storage. I learned that it is easy to pull them too far, pulling the rod out of the valve assembly. Then you gotta lower the belly liner to get them hooked back up to the valves. I installed small hose clamps on the rods inside the belly so that the hose clamp hits the frame before I pull it too far.

The only other "problem" I've had with the trailer was sealing or screening all the little places mice and/or squirrels would get in. There was a large gap where the underbelly met the lower front wall (under the hitch area) and a tube of calking fixed that. Also, where the slide support tubes exit the opposite frame side are large entryways for critters and can be screened. Finally, there's a small gap at the lower side of the slide sidewalls when it is extended, and a baggie filled with steel wool and stuffed there will keep them out and not hurt anything if you forget when pulling the slide back in. (on edit) Oh, and I had to put screening around the rod that connects the two gears that power the slide where it goes into the sealed underbelly. If critters get into that sealed belly area, then it's easy for them to get into the rest of the RV via plumbing and wiring runs.

All in all, it has been a great fifthwheel and I've no regrets with the purchase.

Phil

* This post was edited 03/28/04 06:24am by Phils *

916Weekenders

West Sacramento, CA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/04 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Phils,

That is a wealth of information (Arlene will be happy to hear of the rodent fix, lol).

jacandjer mentioned a "general maintenance manual for R/V's", do you have any thoughts/ideas along those lines?

Truth Justice

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/04 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

916Weekenders,
Here's the information I found that may be of some help?

Komfort Corporation
Division of Thor Industries, Inc.
PO Box 2515, 12628 SE Jennifer Street,
Clackamas, OR 97015 U.S.A.

Telephone: 503-722-5199
Fax: 503-722-5193
Toll Free: 1-800-554-2711

RV Manufacturers of:
Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheel Trailers
Link to: Dealers for Komfort Corporation

Komfort Corporation Brand Names:
KARRY-ALL, KOMFORT, TRAILBLAZER

2005 SunnyBrook Titan 31BWKS, MorRyde SE Suspension, King Dome Satellite. Direcway Internet Access.
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT,Cummins,Quad Cab,L/B,SRW,48RE Auto w/Tow/Haul,Line-X,Chrome Step Bars,Prodigy Controller,15.5K PullRite Hitch,Cowboy Creations V-gate.

916Weekenders

West Sacramento, CA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/04 11:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks jacandjer, do have any suggestions for a “general maintenance manual for R/V's”?

Thanks Yeti Shaman, I’ll print out your list and add to it as needed.

Thanks Phils, I’m not sure what the differences either. My Hornet 255R has a rear kitchen design and a 13’ slide for the dinning and sofa bed area with a Dometic Americana refrigerator, microwave and ac. A Wedgewood Vision stove/oven and a Atwood hot water heater.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RE: Owner's Manuals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS