RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Forum Posting Help and Support: Posting Photos Brad's Way

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Posting Photos Brad's Way

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/04 10:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Posting photos Brad's way....didn't say the best way. 1) First, your photo has to exist somewhere on the Internet that is accessible to anyone. For example: This is the address of a picture of my camper that is on FotoTime.com: http://www.fototime.com/80C9A211EE7F5F2/orig.jpg You can highlight the address and right-click your mouse and then click copy and you will copy the address to your clipboard. You can then right-click on the address bar on your brouser and then click paste. This will paste the address of my camper photo on the address bar. Then click the “go” button at the far right of the address box. The picture of my camper should then pop-up on your screen. If you can’t do this with the photo you are trying to post, you are probably not going to be able to post it. 2) How I usually post a picture is by first getting the photo on my screen. I then right-click on the photo and then click “properties”. A little dialog box will pop-up. One of the lines in the box says: “Address”. To the right of “Address” is the address of the photo. Highlight that entire address with your mouse, right-click and then click copy. You now have the address of the photo on your clipboard. 3) Now, start your post as you normally would. Type something in the message box of the posting form. Then click the yellow “Image” button just above the "Message" box. Highlight the “http://” that you see, then right-click and then click “paste”. Your photo address should now be in the address box. Then click the “Finish” button, You should now see something that looks like: (img)http://www.fototime.com/80C9A211EE7F5F2/orig.jpg(/img) except that ( ) will be [ ] 4) That should do it. Try that and see if it will work for you. BradW

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

* This post was last edited 04/30/05 01:29pm by BradW *   View edit history

Wake Up America
1996 Lance 500 and 2006 F-350 PSD 4X4 DRW
Our Truck Camper Photos

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/04 11:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very good Brad, different but it's the end result that counts. I'll go you one better and you can make your signature "thumbnail" into a clickable enlargement.
1. Right click on the thumbnail at the source, select Properties, copy the URL from it and save it to a notepad.
2. Click on the thumbnail for the enlargement then right click, select Properties, triple click on the URL and copy it to the notepad.
3. In your signature or a message, click on Link and paste the URL from the enlargement.
4. In the "Enter the text you want to be clickable" box, paste the URL of the thumbnail.
5. At the start of the thumbnail URL, put "img" in brackets and at the end of it, put "/img" in brackets.

Here's a sample - click on it for enlargement:
[image]

Have fun!

have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/04 11:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you say "triple click", does that mean left click 3 times?

Yeh, I wrote this up because I was getting a lot of PM's asking how to post pictures. I had already linked some threads over here that I thought would help, but they weren't helping that much.

Thread Link

Thanks,
Brad

Wake Up America
1996 Lance 500 and 2006 F-350 PSD 4X4 DRW
Our Truck Camper Photos

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/04 04:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yes Brad, three clicks highlights the entire url which can be over 4 lines....

xnorp

Spokane Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/04 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Brad.
xnorp

2000 F-250 SD PS 04 Snowriver 9'6" Rancho 9000X Super Springs Vision 19.5 w/Toyo M608Z

Crazy Horse

Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/04 05:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Enjoy The Ride! Phil

Our Trucks

Movie Clip

Our Page

The Pups

MELM

GA

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/04 07:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At the top of Technology is a thread on posting pics.

Just a reminder - many members do not have high speed access. There is no need for a picture in a signature to exceed 10kb file size - look hard and you'll can find members with pic's that small. If you post a large picture, some choose to block your posts. Others just turn off signatures and never see any text or photos that you have in your signature. And keep them small in physical size - 150 pixels high (about 2 inches in height) is recommended.

Pictures in the post are another story, and may need to have more resolution and physical size to show the detail you are trying to display. But don't make them so wide they force others to use horizontal or vertical scrolling to view them.

Links to the site where your pictures are stored is another option.

Mel

infamousterry2

Gulfport,MS

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/05 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my Lance 2004[image]

1995 Ford 2wd PSD & 2004 Lance 915
To see some pics. Of SCTC 2nd. annual Rally CLICK HERE

Aktravler

Valdez, Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/05 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVSnowbird,

Now, that's just nasty! [emoticon] [emoticon] (and UGLY!)

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/05 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Bigfoot and Zuki team.

[image]

EDIT: I tried it Brads way. I could not get it to work. Where did I go wrong?

http://usera.imagecave.com/Reddog1/trk-zukiPotash.jpg

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Posting Photos Brad's Way
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS