We now have an event calendar which will show events each month. Clicking on an event will take you to the event thread. With the inclusion of this new feature, threads will now only be stuck at the top sixty (60) days prior to the event.
In the past, many of you have requested the notice of your rally be "stuck" at the top of this forum. If you have an upcoming rally and wish the topic be stuck at the top, please contact me. I prefer this via PM although I do read my email, just not as often as PM messages. After your request, I will contact Admin. who has control over what threads are stuck. Below are a few guidelines to follow in order to have your post locked at the top:
1. Please do not request a "sticky" prior to 60 days before the event unless there are special circumstances.
2. The Thread title should include the Rally location and date(s).
3. If the rally is for a limited group, i.e., an RV "brand", this should be stated in the title.
4. Only one "sticky" will be allocated to each rally notice.
5. We would like to have at least three committed participants before making a rally post a "sticky".
6. The forum management reserves the right to change posting requirements as circumstances dictate.
I hope this clarifies how / why certain notices are "stuck" at the top.
If you have any questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to send me a PM.
Larry Ulmer (lulmer) contributed a very good suggestion. If you have an outside website for your rally, post the link at the top of the first rally post. If you need help with this send me a PM and I will insert the link for you.