|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Norcold Reset procedure

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
fixrim

dallas, tx

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/04 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Norcold 1200LR fridge that goes into fault mode and when you reset it if it doesnt take then it goes into fault mode again and the only way to reset is to take it to a dealer. Anyone know the dealer procedure for resetting the fault. It is flashing "no" and "co"

jwmII

out west

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/04 09:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Access the rear of the fridge thru the vent cover outside and remove the circuit board cover. There will be a a 16 pin connector right in front of you. Make a jumper about 4-5 inches long and insert 1 end in the # 15 pin location which is normally vacant(top row, second from left). Touch other end to one of the three grounds at the bottom right corner of the board (white wire). Hold for 10-15 seconds. You should hear a click as the control resets. If the fridge does not cool down and go thru a full cooling cycle this could be an indication of other problems such as a faulty cooling unit. If that occurs you should take it in to be checked further. Jack.

fixrim

dallas, tx

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/04 10:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jack, you are a lifesaver. It worked. We are a pro road racing team in the SCCA World Challenge series. (www.world-challenge.com) car #98 and 99 and we are about the head to Road Atlanta for a race. Feeding 6 crew guys with no fridge was looking a little scary. I am forever in debt to your good advice!

Thanks,

Bob Stretch
Wheels America Racing

jwmII

out west

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/04 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear it worked for you. Good luck to you and your crew at Atlanta. Jack.

swebber

Bluemont

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/05 05:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried it and it worked for me ! Saved a trip to the dealer and three weeks wait !

Thanks

Steve Webber
2013 RAM 3500 Dually, 6.7 Cummins and all the bells and whistles
2009 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS "CramalotInn III",Reese DCHP, Atwood 3500, BAL Deluxe Chocks, Weber Baby Q & Q200, Champion 2000W Inverter & 4000W gennie's
My Camping Pic's

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Norcold Reset procedure
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS