RV Parks

RV Club

RV Buyers Guide

Roadside Assistance

Extended Service Plan

RV Travel Assistance

RV Credit Card

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers
Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Truck Campers- Buying Basics Summary

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:

Above the Sacramento Fog, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/04 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[b]Truck Campers- Buying Basics Summary[/b] I have observed many prospective new truck camper owners asking common questions here at the Open Roads Forum (including myself in Sept. 03). Truck campers are a unique RV choice. They are the only land based RV without wheels; yet they can be fully self-contained and go virtually anywhere you can get a pick-up truck to go (within reason). Their popularity is rising as their amenities have come to equal anything you can find in other RV types. Visit the Truck Camper Topics of the Open Roads Forum and you’ll find your head swimming with options. I started a thread there with the intention to make the first time truck camper buyer aware of the basics. Interested people started suggesting more and more topics. I’ve broken that original thread up into more individual topics. I invite anyone who wishes to add more detail to each of my opening threads to do so. If you already own another type of RV like a travel trailer, you will already have been exposed to some of this information, but what I’ve tried to concentrate on are the specifics of what makes buying a truck camper distinctive. (Note, please send me a PM if you see a revision that needs to be made and I will happily correct it) Here are thread topics discussing the items uniquely important for considerations when buying a truck camper: [url=http://www.goodsamclub.com/cforum/index.cfm/f