|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Flounder RV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
gasbag

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/06 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

96Bounder30E wrote:

-Gramps- wrote:

The name is not so hot, could have called it a Rounder or a Grounder or maybe a Peter Paul Mounder.

I heard that he was considering using the name "beagle" at one time.....

John Crean did make a Bounder Beagle. He drove it to the 1997 Bounders United National Rally. It was a Bounder interior built inside and American Eagle. Crean liked the American Eagle and his wife loved the interior of the Bounder. That is where the name came from; Bounder + Eagle = Beagle. It was a nice coach.
By the way, John Crean Sr. and his wife were very nice people.

JB Traveler

San Jacinto, California USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/06 03:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gasbag - Don't you mean that John and Donna Crean are still very nice people, they both are still alive and well.

Happy travels and be safe - JB

2004 National RV - Model 8341 SeaBreeze LX

96Bounder30E

America is my home!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/06 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gasbag.......maybe my information was confused between 2 different motorhomes....I was told that by one of the systems vendors a while back.....I did not know a Bounder Beagle was in the works....

Yes, John & Donna Crean are very nice people..........I have had the chance to meet both of them........I even got to spend about 30 minutes with him one on one, one night at his compound in Newport Beach, CA .......in the very garage that motorhomes like the Bounder were invented.......back in the late 90's he had a little local cable access cooking show going where local residents could call and get tickets to the cooking show and be guests when they filmed it.......me and my family went on several occasions...after wards the audience could come up and sample his cooking creations......I'll tell you what.......he isn't a bad cook either!

For a guy that at that time was worth something like 75 million dollars....he is the nicest down to earth guy you could ever meet......

On Edit: Any fans of John Crean should try and get a hold of his Autoboigraphy called: THE WHEEL & I by John Crean: Driving Fleetwood Enterprises to the Top

I have 2 copies that are hand signed and personalized........its an absolutely fascinating read!

* This post was edited 02/09/06 04:12pm by 96Bounder30E *

seeberger

El Paso, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/06 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I have the privilege of owning the first Flounder Class A Motor Home. We took delivery of unit #1 on November 10, 2005 and have put over 12,000 miles on the coach.

We own a business that has been servicing the RV Industry for the past 19 years so we've been exposed to many different RVs. We also own a 34' Bounder and a 34' Wilderness Trailer, so we've experienced RVing in different ways. Flounder is truly unique and will revolutionize the industry again, just as John Crean did with the Bounder.

When I had the opportunity to view the first prototype of the Flounder and hear John Crean's vision for this revolutionary motor home, I knew my wife would fall in love with it and in fact she has. I was really impressed with the technological advances that were being used to build this special motor home.

For the skeptics out there, this coach is truly unique. Lighter than other motor homes; tremendous power and stability on the road (I keep my notebook computer and printer on the dinette and as we've logged the miles across country both have stayed in place - try that with other RVs); the residential appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, trash compactor, double-door refrigerator, stove & oven, and washer/dryer combo) work incredibly well and provide all the comforts of home; and the inverter is great. I was initially concerned about not having a propane operated refrigerator but with the inverter and the generator we've not experienced any problem with the refrigerator. In fact, it operates so well we've maintained food in there over night without power and everything kept fine.

I would highly recommend that if you are open to the new direction in motor homes, check the Flounder out. In addition to building a quality product, these guys are really committed to 100% Customer Satisfaction... and we're satisfied!!!!

Feel free to write back if you have questions.

Tom N

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/06 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With a CCC of 1,153 lbs the Flounder will quickly be floundering.

My 38' 11" gas Itasca on a Workhorse chassis has a CCC of 3239 lbs.

Flounder #1, where does all the garbage go from your garbage disposal??????

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/06 10:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seeberger,

Welcome to the Open Roads Forum! [emoticon]

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new motorhome. It does seem to tread on some new ground.

I made a couple of posts in a different thread with weight concerns for this motorhome. Have you ever brought you motorhome to the CAT scales to be weighed?

I was just wondering what the "real" numbers are for this coach.

Thanks,

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (22-Angel, Lexi96.org), 1 girl (17), 2 boys (18 & 15). One Chinook dog (12).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/06 03:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seeburger, there is nothing better then getting a report from someone with first hand experience. Thanks for the report. Chuck.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Flounder RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS