|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Centurion 3000 Model CS2000 Converter

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
afiala

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/05 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent site for information. Best on the web. I am in need of some help - I too have a Centurion 3000 CS 2000 20amp converter that has recently given me some major headaches. When we opened our 2000 Skamper PU this year and plugged in to land power, I lost all 12VDC power. With some trouble shooting I tracked down the blown 20amp fuse. In attempts to replace and move on - It immediatly blew again. I have searched every inch of the PU electrical system and cannot find any reason for the fuse to blow. All grounds are good and there is no evidance of a short. When we closed down last fall - everything was running. Does anyone have any guesses as to what might be going on - or am I another victm of the failed Centurion 3000.

wasatchmtnatvr

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/05 08:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Verify your battery wires are attached properly.
Trace your neg. lead at the battery goes to frame.

The fuse you are blowing is the reverse polarity protection fuse.

Use a multimeter to verify polarity at converter input from battery. Make sure neg. is ground and pos. is 12.? volts.

Good Luck!

Coleman folding trailer
GMC conversion van
Haulmark Harley Hauler enclosed trlr.(No Harley)
Honda Rubicon atv

afiala

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 04:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I currently do not have a battery hooked up to the system - will that make a diff. Do the leads from the battery need to be isolated?

Thanks

wasatchmtnatvr

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 05:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You do not need a battery but the positive cable needs isolated from ground (neg.) cable, and from chassis ground (anything metal).

Good Luck!

subcamper

Buffalo, NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 05:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a 2000 Skamper popup that did the exact same thing as yours. We left it in good running order at the end of a camping season, then next spring when we fired it up again, the converter was shot. Luckily, it was still under warranty. The converter was also a Centurion.

Steve

afiala

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the info. I will go at it againg tonight!!!!!! More to come.. Hopefully with a working system

afiala

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 03:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alas! Another failed attempt. The Battery hot was completly isolated and the ground affixed to the trailer chassis. Another blown fuse. I began disconnecting DC output lines(Hot) (leaving the white(neutral connected to the bus) 1 by 1. With each disconnection came another blown fuse, unitl every 12VDC output line was disconnected(except for neutral. Even with everything disconnected - I still blew a fuse. Seems to me that the converter has seen its' last days. What do you think? or Have I missed 1 last thing. I am heading out camping this weekend and the likleyhood of having a converter in and installed by then is slim. Since the 120V system is good - is there any danger to running with the 12VDC system down - except for tripping in the dark.....

Thanks Aaron

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Centurion 3000 Model CS2000 Converter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS