RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: TrailManor?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> TrailManor?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Pimprnel

Orcutt, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/05 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New to TT's, any suggestions? I am looking at TrailManor on the net and wanted feedback from anyone who may have one. I have not been able to see one in person yet. I am only able to come up with one dealer in the Bay area and I am just north of Santa Barbara, If anyone knows of any closer to the L.A. area let me know. Questions I have are: What is the roof constructed of? How is the insulation, what has been noticed? Is the quality in person as good as it looks in pictures? Fill me in! Thanks for any help and guidance.

Queeniereads

Providence, RI

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/05 05:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are new owners of a Trailmanor and have only been in it threee times for overnights. We love it!!! We started with a CFleetwood Pop-up and graduated to a lovely Grand Surveyor Travel trailer which was demolished in Idaho last summer after we were hit by a huge gust of wind. THe trilmanor answers all the needs we have : to be safe while pulling a low-profile camper, and to have plenty of space when we set up. Setting up is very easy -- takes less than 5 minutes and is doable in rain. Perhaps others will speak to the roof construction (maybe my hubby will chime in later). It is much better insulated than the TT we had and the floor stays warmer on cold mornings. FOr us, after our accident, it was important to have a camper that was easy to tow. We have an Equal-i-zer and it tows without any feeling of sway even when being passed by big trucks. You should be able to find dealers on the trailmanor website unless there just are not too many in CA. Do look at them, and it you buy, we think you will be happy with the Trailmanor. Queeniereads aka Judi

Judi, the Queen
Donovan, the Prince Consort who claims kingship
And (occasionally), Kim the heir to the throne
TT, or is it a PU? 2005 Trailmanor 3124KS, named IRIS
TV: Mercury Mountaineer, named Polly
MAscot: Blue Bear named Bergen

BigPackFan

Endicott, NY USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/05 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would suggest you check out the TrailManor Owner's Forum for additional info. There is also a Group over at Yahoo!. Good luck.

BPF
Searching for the right RV
2007 GMC Envoy

JillRide1

Ivine CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/05 10:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the trailmanor site it list Custom RV in Anaheim as a dealer. Phone is 1-877-631-4278. Still a ways from you but you could bring the kids to Disney.

Cheers,
Jill

Pimprnel

Orcutt, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/05 12:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info.

ExplorerBill

MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TrailmanorWalls
Quote:

TrailManor walls and roof are built using a special laminated construction of polystyrene insulation with aluminum on both sides.

The insulation is good.

Enjoying our second season and looking foward to many more!

P.S. I am not Queeniereads hubby.

2008 KZ Spree 245KS
2008 4WD 4DR V8 3.73 Expedition EL
Equalizer Hitch

JillRide1

Ivine CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/05 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi!
I noticed on the Custom RV site that they will be at the Santa Barbara RV show on Jun 23 - 26. That is going to be the closest you are going to get!

Jill

chvaka

Salt Lake City, UT

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/05 03:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 years ago I purchased a used 1997 Trailmanor 3023. It was our first trailer and liked it a lot. It is easy to set up, tows like a dream, and well constructed. We recently sold it and bought a conventional travel trailer and here is why. All storage is waist high and below since it folds down. That got a little tiresome, getting on your knees to get things out of the cupboards, etc. The refrigerator is small too. The main reason we sold it was because I have 2 young daughters. When we are in transit, and they have to go to the restroom, want a drink, snack, etc. you can't just go in the back and use the trailer. That was the main reason we decided to get rid of it. I like to be able to just pull over, and use the restroom, get a pop out of the fridge, etc. If that is not an issue for you, I would highly recommnend a trailmanor.

rellis

Moraga, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/05 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to "argue" a bit with chvaka. I don't know about his specific model, but my 1998 3124KB has both a sizeable wardrobe cabinet that swings down to the floor when not in use and extends almost to the roof when sitting on top of the counter. Additionally, mine has a cabinet (factory option vs. standard?) that hangs on brackets over the sink and is easily removed to sit on the floor when travelling.
As for chvaka's comments on interior usability when on the road, he (she?) is absolutely correct.
We have had ours for three years and camped in the snow twice. The insulation has been totally fine. I believe (not positive) that the roof is the same construction as the walls - foam sandwiched between aluminum sheets. Holds my 220lbs just fine and wears well.
By the way, as we now have 3 kids and two dogs on our trips, we've upgraded to a traditional trailer with a slide. The towing characteristics are FAR better/safer with the TM, and I never even had to use an WD hitch nor sway control. Towed it with a 2002 1/2t Chevy.

* This post was edited 06/16/05 06:03am by an administrator/moderator *

Richard Ellis
2004 Nissan Titan w/Big Tow

Quick Calico

Bay Area, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/05 11:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We sold our 2720SL after a year. We think the workmanship is poor. We often found loose screws rolling around on the floor, the stove door fell off, the front panel of the a/c fell off, and the insulation is terrible due to the vinyl between the shells.

It was a nice step-up from a tent, but I'm happy we sold it. You can't just pull over to the side of the road for a rest or lunch without setting the whole d*** thing up. It became too much work. You can check out the TrailManor Forum, and I subscribed to it for a year, but beware of cognitive dissonance: no one wants to say negative things about something they spend thousands of dollars on. Former TM owners mostly have the same complaints I do. Also, road dirt gets into the trailor. The seal does not prevent dirt and dust. It gets pretty dirty in there. A trip to Chaco Canyon, NM turned the whole inside into red dirt.

2004 Starcraft Aruba 28RLS
2003 Tundra 4x4 V8 towing package

Stop The Litters - Spay Those Critters
No More Homeless Pets

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> TrailManor?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts