|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 344  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Wade K.

Eagle Pass, TX, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/02 10:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aren't Boxers great?! Had 1 when I was a kid. True story: When I was 6 months old my mother set me on a blanket outside while she hung the wash out. She screamed when she saw a rattlesnake about 3 ft from me. Bo the Boxer ran up and killed the snake! One pampered dog after that! Wade

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/02 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After heavy rain here yesterday, decided to bring the RV to the house and check it out. Apparently water is getting in around the dinette window as the dinette seat cushion was wet. Also found some water coming in around the door seal. We have a short trip planned next weekend, so taking it back to the dealer again will have to wait. No way we would get it back in time. Also had to recaulk around the tub, very poorly done. It seems we're finding a lot of little things that apparently were hastily done on this unit. Most I will try to take care of myself since it seems to be in one shop or another more than it is on the road. I also plan to get an email off to Trail-lite and voice my opinion about the quality of work done on this unit ( not that it will do any good).

Hope you have better luck with yours. I'll post after our trip if we find any more problems.

Bruce & Sue
2007 pleasure-way excel-ts
Previously owned:'02 Trail-lite B+

captnaselli

Jupiter, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/02 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce I know the name is strange, but believe me it works. Captain's Folly creeping crack cure is a product that is easy to get at any marine supply store. It will seep in the crack and seal same. I had the same leak same window and it did the job. captnaselli@adelphia.net

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/02 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, found Captain Tolley's crack cure at a marine store, but the gap we found above the window was too big. I believe the crack cure is for hairline cracks, so I tried silicone caulk and hope that works for the leak. Getting tired of running it to the dealers, but now we are having problems with the cd player. Very poor quality, it seems, on this unit.

Daniel C.

San Antonio, Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/02 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Br-:
I know it's too late for you, but I purposefully didn't order an optional radio with mine. I found that putting an aftermarket stereo (cd or whatever) is pretty straightforward, and more satisfying. I have already replaced the front speakers, with some difficulty and will soon do the same in the back. I am really sorry you are struggling so much wiht your unit. I have several problems that have been identified and I will get fixed eventually. I anticipate from your comments that you are pretty disgusted with the small (and big)problems that keep hounding you. Were you told that the vehicle was going to be trouble free when you got it? That sounds sort of insipid, but the dealer here cautioned me that I would have a list of things to get fixed after driving the unit a couple of months. I do get frustrated with some of the discrepancies, and fix them myself (as you attempted with the window).
Can you say how you feel driving the motorhome? How does it handle, and what about the power? Did you test drive a smaller unit for comparison? I guess I am wondering how you like the idea of that size vehicle?

Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/02 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, the radio we have, which is a Sanyo, came pre-installed with the RV. The dealer said he would reimburse us for the actual value of the radio, which is about $200, so we will most likely have a different brand installed on our own. The leak around the window seems to be ok since I caulked a wide gap at the top. I'm going to try the door leak myself also.

As far as handling, it does very well. Easy to drive, the power is exceptional. The size is comfortable and adequate for what we need. This is the first one I drove, and didn't do a lot of comparing. Not many dealers in our area for this type of unit, mostly they handle the class C's. In fact, this is the first B+ the dealer has handled, so it is somewhat experimental for them, too. Maybe in five years or so we'll look around a little more and see what's available. It does get annoying with these minor problems turning up, but I guess all in all, we are satisfied.

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/02 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, sent you a reply to your questions, but somehow it posted about 4 messages up in case you missed it.

Daniel C.

San Antonio, Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/02 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Br-:
I did read your reply. It sounds like you are falling into the necessary "fix it yourself" category of those of us who worship a lesser motorhome quality control deity!
As far as the stereo goes, I put a 200watt Kenwood cd/fm receiver in place of the standard Sanyo stereo tape player. It seems to have plenty of power, but I am somewhat disappointed in the bass, even though I replaced the front speakers. I don't think the factory baffles give enough "reflex" room for good bass. I am going to also replace the rear speakers at some point, since I am a little hard of hearing and like to "feel" the low notes. I do NOT get into the room sized speakers/amplifiers/changers thing, but like to hear the full range of sound. Just about all the aftermarket brands (JVC, Pioneer, Sanyo, Kenwood, Sony, etc.)have many models that will fit easily in the space. You will have to take out the "cage" that the unit fits in, but that is easy, and the new ones will have their own mounting hardware, and I doubt you will need any adaptors. Just some simple soldering skills (or solderless connectors - I just prefer to work with solder). It took me about an hour to make the conversion.
I have concluded that some things are better done by me, than to wait on the dealer. They are very cooperative, but they are 50 miles away.
Your unit is less than 1000 lbs heavier than mine, so you probably are getting spoiled by the stability of carrying less than 9000 lbs on a 12,300 lb chassis. You owe yourself driving some other motorhomes, so you can see how much more stability you have than most.

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/02 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well,here we go again. Just returned yesterday from a 600 mi. round trip. Almost reached our destination when the "service engine soon" light came on again. Third trip, third time the light came on. Hopefully just another oxygen sensor.
Used the water heater and noticed black soot coming thru the vent. This whole ordeal is getting unbelievable. Anyway, it's going back to the dealer today. The wife is really getting upset with all of this and told the dealer as far as she's concerned they can take it back. Not likely though. We're planning a trip to Texas in June, plan to be gone about 10 days, but somewhat hesitant at this point for fear of something else going wrong after we leave.

I can still say it handles very well, no problem on curves or tight turns. Mileage was around 11 or 12 per gallon, doing 60 or 65. No complaints there.

At least one good point of the trip, Niagara Falls was nice!

Daniel C.

San Antonio, Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/02 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Br-:
And the beat goes on. My list of Dammits has just grown. I started detecting mildew over the weekend. I cannot tell where it is coming from. The only thought is condensate from the dash a/c. I will put up with a lot of things, but odors is not one of them. I have noticed that the water heater doesn't work as I would expect (only keeps the water at about 140 degrees.
I wish I didn't like driving this thing so much, so I could indulge in unbridled anger. I noticed that the GVCR is 17,000 lbs. That means that I could tow an 8,000 lb. trailer! I wouldn't do that because of several feet of overhang, but I wouldn't be afraid of a 25-27' trailer @5-6,000 trailer!
I can thrive with a number of ongoing problems - but I will be parking my motorhome at the dealer's until the odor problem is fixed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 344  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS