|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> The 3rd RV.net Class B Rally (B3) May 26 - 28, 2006

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 24  
Next
Sponsored By:
Salianron

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/05 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 3rd RV.net Class B Rally

Rally Schedule

May 26, 27, 28, 2006
Chastain's RV Park
Branson, MO

We have a block of sites which are all together. See park map. (137-144) (100-108) (S,R,Q,P,O,N6) (7-91) All are shaded. [emoticon] Sites will be assigned when you arrive at the campground.

Please contact Chastain's RV Park to register and then post here so we know who is registered. We need to know how many ????? to make.[emoticon]

1-800-467-7611 Or 417-334-4414

Chastain's RV Park

chastainsrv@tri-lakes.net

Rally schedule, rally fee and catered meals information still to come.

REMEMBER Post you have registered on this thread.

Pat and Bob were the first to register! [emoticon] They beat us all!

Sally

* This post was edited 04/04/06 10:53pm by an administrator/moderator *

Salianron --Sally and Ron
2003 Roadtrek 200 Popular

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/05 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From Sally & Ron,

Howdy from Texas,
We studied the map to see if another location in Middle America would be convenient to more people. Based on a discussion about moving further north, we were told that we would have to go all the way to the Great Lakes for cooler weather. That would be nice (another year organized by other folks).
We drew a 300 and a 500 mile radius around Branson to represent an easy days travel and about a maximum for mortals. The 500 mile radius reaches from the Colorado/Kansas border to Cincinnati, Ohio. I hope anyone traveling farther than that can take a few extra days to travel at a more leisurely pace. (It is a holiday weekend. )
I hope the time and location works out for some who were unable to attend previous rallies. (AR Cruiser, it's only a half day drive for you. Gizmosmom, the proposed date is after your school is out.)

CA Poppy asked whether Chastain's is pet friendly. Considering how many of us take pets with us, I'm sure others would also be concerned about that. I looked at their brochure and it says that pets are not allowed in the pool area. It also says that children with diapers are not allowed in the pool. So I would say that pets are not unfairly discriminated against. The usual safety and courtesy rules apply. Chastain's phone numbers and E-mail addresses are:
1-800-467-7611 or 417-334-4414
chastainsrv@tri-lakes.net
A block of sites are being held for us for a limited time. To register, contact Chastain's and tell them you are registering for the "RV.net B Rally". Then post on this thread to let us know who is registered.

Chastain's does not serve meals, but has a huge banquet room for catering by others. Once we are set up (with an awning very securely anchored) most of us do not want to leave in our MH. We can have some meals catered if you wish. Sponsors paid for all catered meals at B-2. Friday night was a catered meal. Saturday night was pot-luck. Breakfasts Saturday and Sunday were purchased and brought back by Lynne and her "worker B" helpers. Lynne rented a car specifically for that purpose.

It is unusual for sponsors to pay for meals even at name brand rallies, so they may turn us down or offer some other prizes instead. I don't like asking for donations for anything other than vendor's promotional items and equate the cost of a catered meal to the fuel cost for driving about 50 miles. So some input please:

Do you want catered meals even if not paid for by sponsors?
Pot luck dinner?
Pot luck dessert only?
Shuttle bus to restaurants or shows?

We will obtain information on catering services and how much advance notice is required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salianron --Sally and Ron
2003 Roadtrek 200 Popular

Marty the Mutt Mom

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/05 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, I'm registered! I'll be coming on Thursday and staying until Tuesday. (Don't want to fight that holiday traffic!)

As far as meals go, I'm ok with anything the group decides. I'd always rather have other people cook for me [emoticon], but have to weigh the cost against the convenience!

The shuttle would be nice, but here again, $ vs. easy.

Can't wait to see you all again and meet some of you for the first time!

Marty
My Travel Blog
The MUTT (Marty's Ultimate Travelin' Toy): Leisure Travel Free Spirit 210B 3S
The Mutts: Rave - Border Collie mix; Wink - Miniature Longhaired Dachshund

GizmosMom

NE Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/05 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW! I've been so busy with school related work that I haven't checked the forum in a couple of days. Then I find that we are having a rally and it is only a day away AND I can go to it!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sally and Ron.
I just phoned the park but no one answered so I will call back to register. If my husband won't go, Gizmo and I will take a little trip by ourselves.
I, too, will go along with whatever anyone wants to do for meals.
I loved looking at the park. I liked the panoramic view. Is that covered pavilion ours to use?
I'm very excited about this.
Will post again soon!

Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat.
Smudge, (in photo) a Shih Tzu/Yorkie Mix and Gizmo is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Salianron

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/05 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marilyn (GizmosMom),
That covered pavilion is nice and would probably be adequate, but what we have available to us for our exclusive use is the air conditioned banquet hall. We still think of you as the one who planted the seed for this event and are glad that you can finally join us.
Ron

ibthebest

Boone,IA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/05 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After missing B2, JaneAnn and I will be attending B3. We have made our reservations. One Potluck meal is O.K. and a catered meal(sponsored or not) is also O.K. As far as transportation is concerned, it looked like they offer some transportation at the Resort and if not, we are O.K. with driving ourselves. Our outdoors screen room is unattached to the van.

Michael and JaneAnn

Me "atmybest" age 4

charles

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/05 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We posted on the original thread, don't know if you wanted it here again, but we are registered, and again, let us know what we can do to help. Food OK either way.

Nick & Chris
04 PW XLTS

2012 Pleasure-way Excel TS

downtheroadagain

Heath, OH USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/05 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is Lynne deserting us ?

Salianron

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/05 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

downtheroadagain,
No, Lynne is not deserting us. She did a great job for two years, but with a lot of family tragedy in her life, she needs a break. I cannot perform the computer magic that she did, but at the end of this week, I will post a list of those who have signed up. If any computer gurus would like to improve on my crude method of creating and updating a list of attendees, your help is welcome. The important thing at this time is to get people registered early to hold our block of spaces.
Other offers of help are appreciated. When we figure out what help we need, we will let you know.
Ron

ak'sdestiny

Fulltiming, USA - Formerly MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/05 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally, [emoticon]I get to join the B’ers!! I am so excited that this will work for me, too. Thanks Ron and Sally (and all others) for arranging. It’s been my hope for 2 years to meet those who have influenced me so…[emoticon]

Right now, I want to volunteer to “B a worker” and will help in anyway I am able to. I am arriving on 24th, staying through 30th. Since I have no idea what’s now involved, please just ask (put a list out?) about things I might be able to assist with. [emoticon]

As far as meals/food goes – like Marty, I prefer other people's cooking to cooking myself…(60 years old and I still can’t cook [emoticon] - love that cold chicken salad sandwich!). I can do something simple for pot lucks, and love the variety on those tables, but like most B’ers have limited baking/cooking facilities. Just the eating together is what’s important to me. I’m going to meet and make new friends…[emoticon]

I’m all for shuttle vans, preferring to leave my RT in place with the awning up when going out for entertainment.

AGAIN, a super-size thank you!

Andrea...formerly from Minnesota, but
goin' to my destiny..."Seeing the USA in my Chevrolet!"! ">
02/02 Roadtrek C190V

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 24  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> The 3rd RV.net Class B Rally (B3) May 26 - 28, 2006
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS