|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2283  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dashonthedash

CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/12 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Father's Day! My furkids haven't got me a present, but every day they give me the best gift any father could possibly ask for: unconditional love. Much better than a tie.

Gary Shapiro
Col. Dash - GSD, DOTL Rainbow Division, in my heart forever
Spc. Lily - 11-year-old Greyhound (Racing School drop-out)
Spc. Molly - 10-year-old GSD Mix (aka Honey Badger)
Shadow - 2-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in Caledonia Michigan and the weather is hot,hot,hot!After today it is supposed to cool off. I talked with my cousin we are to visit in Montana and he suggested we avoid Interstate 94 and take Interstate 90 into Billings and then up to Lewistown, so we will not be going to the UP. We will leave here Sunday morning heading west.

The girls are having a great time at their Aunt and Uncle's home, such a beautiful place. Today Sue and will visit some friends and then come back to the camper for an afternoon sitting by the lake and watching the girls swim and relax. Peaches just loves the water and Suzie will go in because peaches is having such a good time. I brought along a tennis ball but I find they enjoy a stick thrown into the water a little more. I need to get moving so I will close for now, talk with you later

2012 Ford King Ranch F-350 Crew Cab Diesel
2011 Montana 3580RL
Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama. Others Suzie, Peaches, Hobo, Izzie

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

dogdiva

Crockett Tx

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am so happy that you are having such a great time I drove straight up the middle of Michigan then headed west and back down the routeeee along the shore, thru Bear Lake good drive, I didnt go to the UP, kind of wish I had gone up that far Be safe

Elizabeth and Henry..... rescues

Crickett, Beau, Lady, Dixie, Batman, Penny, Bonnie Colleen, SouiX C, George, Willie, Pierre, Shandi. Honey, Patches ,Gumby...WAITING at the Rainbow Bridge

Dashonthedash

CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Speaking of hot, it has been in the 90's the last few days, which is extremely unusual in the Rockies foothills, especially for June. Most houses here, including mine, do not have air conditioning, because it is so seldom needed. I don't know what I would do if we didn't have the lower level family room with the ceiling fan. Since the room is half-buried, it can be up to 20 degrees cooler than the upstairs areas, but I don't have an HDTV in the family room. Sacrifices...

Today is cooler, it's not expected to get out of the 70's, but the heat is supposed to return by Friday, and little prospect of rain in the forecast. This is only June, but it is already the warmest (and driest) summer I can remember here. If this continues, it may turn out to be worse than 2002, the year of the Hayman Fire.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sue and I went out for lunch today and when we got back the generator had tripped it's circuit breaker so the air wasn't on. It may have been off for a couple of hours as it was 90* in the camper. It was hot again today so the camper didn't cool off until late tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be a lot cooler so I am looking forward to that.

Our plans are to head out Sunday and stop at Mount Rushmore to see the presidents and then continue to Lewistown, Montana. I am looking forward to seeing my cousin whom I haven't seen in over forty years. I have a surprise for him. His parents died when he was about seven years old and I found some pictures my mother had of them from back in the late twenty's and early thirty's when they were kids dating.

We are having a good time looking forward to each new adventure with the fur gang. They are enjoying being at John and Sandra's. They have a large area to run in and sniff out new things.

Well the generator just tripped again and shut things down. I wonder what is going in with that? It has run flawless for four years now and this is the first sign of trouble we have seen. I go out and shut ot off and it automatically resets the breaker and runs as if nothing is wrong. Maybe it is just so hot that the generator is over working itself? Oh well we will see what happens tonight and tomorrow.

Good night all, see you in the morning...

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard,

When the power is used to the max, sometimes it helps to put the refrigerator on gas to conserve electricity. Run the water heater on gas only, and as a last resort, you could pull the converter fuse during the day and then put it back in at night to charge the batteries.

Just a thought, Gary

Show me the GRILL and STAND BACK!!!!

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WE have discovered the problem is with the ECO switch that is supposed to monitor the load and return the generator to an idle when nothing is being used. The Eco won't let the generator reach its Max operating RPMS thus the generator over loads and shuts down. By turning off the ECO and allowing the generator to run full throttle all the time it operates fine, just uses more gasoline

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 11:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just noticed, this thread is just two pages away from 1000 and 20,000 posts, with almost a million views! WOW!! Old Fella would be proud!

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not only should Old Fella be proud but all who come here each day. This has become one big family that crosses a lot of ground. Not ony is it the longest running thread in RV.Net history it has been very clean with no one being difficult.

Last night the girls went for another ride on the pontoon boat. You should have seen John and Suzie going at each other. Suzie would back away from John and then come right back for more. They really enjoyed each other. Hobo sat in the middle of the boat for the longest time watching with a most serious look on her face at what was going on betwen the two. Then she fixed on Sue and wouldn't taker her eyes off her. Peaches rode on the seat next to me looking over the front rail of the bow section as the water went past with the wind blowing her ears back. Mama lay down next to Sue and then came up front next to me for a while and then went back to straighten out the two playing rough house. Mama slapped at John with her front paw and then tried to hold Suzie down, but Suzie wasn't having any part of that. Needless to say the boat was rocking in the water as we went at a slow pace around the edge of the lake while the two kids, John ans Suzie had their fun.

When we got back to the house there were geese all over the lawn so Suzie had to chase them out into to the water much to John's delight.

We are having a great time as you can tell knowing with some sadness that we will be leaving in a few days heading out to some new adveture as we go to South Dakota and then on to Montana

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sue and I drove over to Grand Heaven a small village on Lake Michigan for lunch. We ate outside so we could watch the boats coming in and out of the harbor. I believe the name of the place was Snug Harbor. It was great. We drove back to JOhn's and walked the girls and now I am going to take a nap. We leave Sunday morning closing this chapter of our travels.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2283  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS