RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: NORCOLD Recall: Possibility of Fire!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> NORCOLD Recall: Possibility of Fire!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:

Washington, DC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/05 05:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NORCOLD Recall info from this thread!

There is a notice posted on the Discovery Owner's Association website concerning a fatality due to a fire possibly "attributed" to the Norcold refigerator. You may want to check if your Norcold is part of the recall!

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/05 12:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may note at the top of this forum, posted as "sticky" so it stays there, is the recall notice. Norcold has a $50.00 gift for anyone calling them with a recalled Norcold, as they have not reached everyone yet.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

chapstick

Crossville, Tn

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/05 04:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's the link to the Norcold recall

http://www.norcold.com/recalls.cfm

Chapstick

'05 Allegro Bus 40QDP

davel1942

Princeton Mn.

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/05 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been waiting for 2 months on back order for my parts. You can run your frige on elec. but not gas. Last trip was the pits. Had to make sure I stopped at campsites with power as I don't have 3 way. Run the genset for an hour while traveling just to help keep things cool.

You keep do'in what yo're do'in
You keep gettin what you got! States in '05

gonesouth

Tatamagouche, NS

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/05 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for posting this. As we speak, I am on hold with Norcold. Update: Norcold kept me on hold for 15 minutes, but then were able to confirm that my fridge is cooked. They then pointed me to a list on their website and said pick a dealer. Waiting for a call-back on the closest one to see how long to get parts....... will keep you posted.

Looking for Free Wifi I noticed SSID " HRM_Police_Surveillance_Van_#2" Think it's safe to connect?
fulltime 6 months/year FMCA 368297
98 Beaver Marquis, one slide, CAT425HP, 2 stg Jake, Allison MD4060, Aquahot, 10KwOnan, 3Kw Xantrex, HWH Air Levelling

gonesouth

Tatamagouche, NS

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/05 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Final update: The dealer called yesterday (Tuesday) to say he had the part in on courier. I asked if he could squeeze me in today (he already knew we are trying to leave this week.) Hey, the geese are going by, don't want them to get ahead of us! He said yes, if I could have it there for 8AM, he'd get it done today.

At 6:30 we were on the road, DW following in the van. Dropped the coach at 8 at his door, he said it normally took about 7 hours elapsed time, so I said I'd be back at 4PM. At noon he called to say it was ready. No charge, the keys are in it, so if we're closed when you get here, just use your spare keys to get in and go. Mentioned the boys had had two lucky breaks with it - first our living room chairs are loose, so they piled them on the couch and didn't have to take the whole refrigerator out of the coach to change the refrigeration system. Second, because of being thrown around in shipping they sometimes take up to 4 hours to start chilling after they get turned on. Our was below freezing in 20 minutes!

This whole thing took a week and an hour, from the time i first saw the post by 1492 to the time the dealer called to say it's ready. Now that's service! Thanks to all of you who posted and gave me the info!

I called Norcold today to find out how to claim my $50. The dealer gave me a recall form. Apparently I send this in to Norcold with a form they are mailing me, and they send out a $50 gas card. Nice!

Algrayson

Great Falls MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/07 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can run your RV absorption refrigerator on electric then the cooling unit is good. All either the electric heater(s - some have both a 120 VAC and a 12 VDC heater) or the LP burner do is heat the "boiler" - the vertical tube inside the sheet metal housing - of the cooling unit to make the refrigerant circulate and cycle. Electric operation is always preferable to LP as electricity is cheaper and safer due to there being no flame. LP is used so the RV's refrigerator can be used where there is no or inadequate electricity available.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> NORCOLD Recall: Possibility of Fire!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS