RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 973  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

woke up to clear skies and 28 degrees, lots of frost.
Stupid horses broke the fence and were out on the ditch bank again. The worst part is, they will go out, but they won't come back. I have to go cut the wires so they will come back into the pasture, then splice all three wires!
Dummies!
Pizza for Easter dinner today. A Hawaiian one to satisfy the traditionalists (Canadian bacon is close to ham, isn't it??)

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Toad: '06 PT Cruiser, Kar Kaddy dolly
Toy (may become a toad): 2001 Dodge QC SWB, 360 Magnum, Auto, 4X4
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So very nice here this preeaster saturday. Got the eggs boiled and colored. I cant wait til in the am when Kahlan holds her egg. The last one I let her hold (uncooked) she dropped and it went all over the floor.Luckily it was my kitchen floor which is tiled. She looked so funny. I had such a laugh over her. Now I want to let her hold an egg and ten bump her hand so she drops it. I want to see her amazement when it is one big cooked egg. NC, if you nap too much you will get a pot belly. especially if you nap after having that sandwich. Well,guess I am going to go search for the easter bunny.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Holiday Rambler Endeavor

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good "late" afternoon to all of you....don't nap much rosie, I really try to, but Kathy will tell you, almost anytime I lay down to take a nap, I'm usually back up in about 15-20 minutes doing something...

Larry, I ate the sandwiches, but I'm one of those guy's that don't drink beer or alcoholic beverages, never have believe it or not...Never smoked or did any drugs...SOOOOOOOOOO what I DID do instead, was spend money on guns/rifles, sound systems, car's and trucks, and then would justify it with the DW by saying, "Hey, I've never drank, smoked or done drugs, so look how much money I've saved over the years, so I'm buying this sound system, or this hand gun or this truck/car....ask her, she knows me pretty well, we started "going steady" July of 68'.....hey, those reasons work "most" of the time, BUT when she want's something, she just reminds me that she's put up with me and my arguments for buying stuff over all these years and it's her turn now because she earned it....must work, we've been married 42 years in Aug. of this year....

A most beautiful day here today, got down to 44 and warmed up to 70 and been sunny all day...appears the weekend is going to have been a good one to camp...AND we found diesel for $3.86 a gallon....wow, they've got us trained already...$3.86 a gallon for diesel sounds like a great deal now, (knew it was just a matter of time)

Hope all of you are well and enjoying the Easter weekend. Going to go back outside and "lounge around".

later, y'all...

Jim & Kathy
2013 Dodge 3500DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin tranny/4:10/Cummins: 385HP/850TQ
06 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ/SK3005 Satellite/Splendide XC2100/4slide/dual pane windows
2014 Jeep Compass Ltd 4X4
Boxers;Buddy& Sheba II
USAF 71-75 Nam Vet

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a great Easter here. Hope you all did too. Did the egg thing with Kahlan, and she was unimpressed. oh well, I tried. Called my parents, a usual sunday thing. Fot the little ones all back where they belong, except of course Kahlan lives with us. Art is snoozing. I may have to set off the alarm to wake him up Of course then I would have to deal with the security company and the police and fire department. sooooo, thats out. I cheated on the basket this year. Went to walmart and bought the large plastic salad bowls in bright colors, and used them. that turned out well as I had a lot of room to put in toys and no chocolate bunnies. A little bit of candy tho as well as the eggs. The kids were happy with them and didnt even say a word about not having a chocolate bunny. Might do that again next year unless I think of something else. Gotta go....need to think

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad everyone is having a good Easter Weekend......we are also...Easter Vigil Mass last night slept until 9 this morning, dinner at the neighbors. great weather here got up to 66 just the right amount of warm...now 57 and cooling off......Haven't heard from John hope all is well out west and evryone having a nice easter.....the TT goes to CW on Tuesday. Lots to do around here everything has grown like crazy during our absence so lots of mowing trimming weed eating etc.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a good Sunday.
First thing, had to take DW to hospital. Should be able to bring her home tomorrow, an adjustment in medication and all appears to be OK.
I got the new radio installed, and it is working well now that I figured out that I had programmed the wrong squelch setting in it. It needs to broadcast a sub-audible tone to access the repeaters, but it does NOT need a tone from the repeater to break the squelch! I couldn't hear anybody!
Ennyhoo, I got all the local repeater frequencies programmed in (even the 70cm ones, even though nobody uses them much).

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

..I was able to mow my yard Thursday morning before the rain, so I'm some ahead as far as that goes. We'll head home tomorrow morning some time...no big hurry to get back and I'll work Tuesday thru Saturday so, again, not in a huge hurry to get back.

A beautiful day here today, set around outside, walked the dogs, and just took it easy...Kathy washed some clothes in her new washer/dryer and it did very well...Satellite worked like a champ....next trip will be to WVa for a week in May....

Y'all take care and have a good evening....catch ya later.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like everyone except mower had a great easter. Mower, I hope the better half is back up to snuff very soon. lease give her my well wishes and hope that she will be back home very quickly. she has to be one terrific lady to put up with you. Oh my did I say that?? Just teasing you of course. We are planning a trip over to cheraw the first part of may. Taking Kahlan with us. sje loves to go over there. Hopefully Abi will get to go too. a lot depends upon how many days of school she has missed this year. We of course will be taking gracie. She seems to like the rv trips. Larry, does your magnolia like to rv? gracie will almost knock you down trying to get in the thing. Big task for a 3 pound dog lol Got to run, I have a friend on portalx net wanting to chat. Have a good day everyone.

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie, both my little girls, Scarlett and Magnolia, like going in anything that moves RV as well and they have adapted so well to it. I remeber a Nissan commercial some years back with the tag line "Dogs love trucks" and it is so true....my Magnolia when she hears the garage door go up even though she's blind she heads right out and goes to the truck...amazing. John, hope the Mrs gets squared away and back home real soon....Jim be safe on the trip back...seeing as how it's 10 AM while I write this you are probably already on the road.

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

..Yeah Larry, at 10:00 we were half way home....Rolled in around 11AM...Got the 5er in place, opened up all slides to let toppers dry out. Kathy went to the grocery store and I cleaned out the 5er and took the truck in for an oil change, (had a coupon...every little bit helps)..

Getting ready to eat some supper....It was an awesome weekend and a really nice day to day..got up into the 70's and still warm, though a little windy...and now they're calling for a possible freeze warning Tuesday night to Wednesday morning....I drained all the water out of the 5er, hot water heater, all tanks and feel that'll be good enough for short time frame we're talking about.....

Hope all of you are well and having a great day.....I go back to work tomorrow and work Saturday so I'm gearing up for it

y'all take care, catch ya later.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 973  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS