RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 994  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NC Hauler wrote:

Best bet is probably the vuqube, believe that's how they spell it...also same referred to as the tail gater satellite....set it down, plug it in and hook to the TV, (televison...not tow vehicle)

Believe they cost around or a little over a hundred dollars...might be your best bet for what you want...

Oh, now you tell me about the TV vs the tv no wonder I was having a hard time getting Jeaopardy on that last trip. I looked everywhere for that that coax connection on the Silverado...

Seriously, I will check out the "plug and Play" ones first.....

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LTCLarry wrote:

NC Hauler wrote:

Best bet is probably the vuqube, believe that's how they spell it...also same referred to as the tail gater satellite....set it down, plug it in and hook to the TV, (televison...not tow vehicle)

Believe they cost around or a little over a hundred dollars...might be your best bet for what you want...

Oh, now you tell me about the TV vs the tv no wonder I was having a hard time getting Jeaopardy on that last trip. I looked everywhere for that that coax connection on the Silverado...

Seriously, I will check out the "plug and Play" ones first.....

We use to have a lot of fun with that one, especially when a topic came up when people were starting to store their rv for the winter...you would see some topics like, "bring the TV in or leave it out in the rvr?" Guess if you can figure out how to park it in the rv, have at it.....

HEY, really nice here today....cloudy this morning, but been sunny since about 10 this morning.....temp right now is 61

...maybe sometime we can all meet down at Joey's in Maggie Valley for breakfest..SON, they have the best pancakes.......

hope all of you are well and hope you have a great weekend....

Jim & Kathy
2013 Dodge 3500DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin tranny/4:10/Cummins: 385HP/850TQ
06 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ/SK3005 Satellite/Splendide XC2100/4slide/dual pane windows
2014 Jeep Compass Ltd 4X4
Boxers;Buddy& Sheba II
USAF 71-75 Nam Vet

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice here today as well....we are up t 3600 ft so our temp only got to 53 accoding to my yemp guage...I figure that's like the margin of error so anywhere from 51 to 55.

Absolutely, I love thier pancakes...but hate to wait in line...AND now news flash...I have heard that you can make RESERVATIONS there...haven't tried it yet but intend to. Soon as we get back from FTL we'll set up something....Great weekend for you as well.

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

...yeah, when we go to Joey's we try to get there when they open or shortly after they open.

according to the GPS in my truck, we're at a little over 2200' above sea level, (Enka-Candler area)....this morning was a bit on the nippy side, about 30 degrees, but it's been sunny all day...right now, there is a slight breeze and the temp is 58 degrees.

Dropped my 5er off at Camping World today....Going to get rid of the King Dome and go with a Hi-Def roof satellite..yeah, I'm an idiot....at "almost 62 yrs. of age"....I watch a "tad" more TV when the weather is not so hot for being outside when we're camping....The DW was looking at one of the washer/dryer combo's they have on sale....my money tree hasn't bloomed yet this year, nor do I think it will, but trying to get some things done on our 5er for when we get to spend, hopefully, more time camping......

hope all of you are feeling well and hoping your having a great weekend....take care, catch ya later

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, it was cold this morning here also. Has been sunny all day. Just got back from walking the FK's (Scarlett and Magnolia - Cockers). Temp is 59 and being 2:30 I imagine that is as high as we'll get. I'm a television nut, watch a lot..Hist, SyFy, movies etc...not much into sports so my watching is usually early morning DIy / HGTV / CNN channels and evenings. SO when we get back from FTL it will be time yo drop some $$$ on a satellite dish of some sort. Try to get productive during the day. DW and I joined the gym and so are there 3 days other days work around the place. I hate to think of the list of spring chores I have, everything from windows and screens to staining the deck.

Later......

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I am staying out of that one. I know NOTHING about the tv stuff. sorry we are going to miss you Larry. Hopefully we will cross paths soon. to give ou a little back ground on us, I am retired from Kimberly Clark. Took an early retirement some years back to take care of a greand child. My fella is a retired air traffic controller who opted to work in the civilian community. He is doing a quality assurance thing in the air traffic field. We live in the Simpsonville area, just outside Greenville SC. We camp, if you can call it that, in a motor home. We sure hope you hang out in this forum. We have the nicest people you will ever meet here. Right now I have to run. I have 2 grand kids in the house and they want some time with me. Have a good one.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Holiday Rambler Endeavor

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/12 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey y'all,,,,,cloudy here with a slight breeze..looks like rain....temp. right now is 61 degrees. Supposed to get some rain, but temps. are going to be in the upper 40's to low 50's for lows and in the low to mid 70's for highs....I like it.

Got a flyer from Camping World today...their Grand Opening is going to be from March 15 through March 25. They'll be giving a free lunch on Friday and Saturday, (Mar.16 & 17), from 11AM-1PM...Then they do it again on Friday and Saturday (Mar. 23 &24) from 11AM-1PM..

My brilliant idea is to meet up on March 24th around 11 or so and cop a free meal...probably no more than a hotdog and drink, but it's free, we can all get heart burn together

later............

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/12 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd love to hook up with you folks but we'll be Orlando on the 24th headed to Ft laud.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/12 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

darn it Larry, we were hoping to meet up with you, but maybe we can line up another time to do a meet and greet. BUT we will be in fletcher on the 24th. Want to check out what goodies the new CW has. Have a good time in lauderdale. Nice place to visit. We are getting our house ready to be invaded by a couple of college students. Should be a blast. they are coming down from Ct for spring break. I cant wait to see how the latest generation looks at life. My kids were a shock. Cant imagine they can think up anything new

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/12 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grew up in Ft Laud, returned after my active duty lived there then from 1974 until 2009 when we moved to Maggie after I retired from the Ft. Laud airport and a 3 year stint as a consultant to airports. My brother is now retiring as a firefighter Captain at the airport after 25 years.....he is throwing a big retirement party....he btter have some good beer or he'll catch it from me ! Gonna park the TT in his driveway, use his electric and drink his beer for 10 days.....should make up for the $4 gas !!!!!!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 994  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS