RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 973  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/12 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yea, I'm good for $.25 as well.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, now we have .50. we may need to invest it. anyone know a good broker? We might be able to work that up to about $5 in ten years or so. We have had a drastic drop in temps here. only about 99 degrees yesterday.

Wonder what the temps are for fullmoon? Havent heard from her for a while. she must be busy with all the alaskan visitors.

Looks like art and I are going to cheraw in Oct this year. We usually meet friends there in Nov, but it came to our attention that cheraw has a town celebration going on in mid Oct. I hadnt realized that cheraw is the home town of Dizzy Gillespie. anyway, the group we camp with wants to celebrate too and also listen to some good jazz. Usually we just campout, sit around a campfire, watch the kids and tell stories. very mild group, no booze, just soft drinks and coffee and our little ones running about. our group usually covers most of the campground. Not sure, but I think there is only like between 12 and 15 sites there.

Getting late in the day here and I need to get busy. Hope you all have a good day ( BTW, someone left a half eaten burger laying on the table. Thats not too good)

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Holiday Rambler Endeavor

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/12 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

Well, now we have .50. we may need to invest it. anyone know a good broker? We might be able to work that up to about $5 in ten years or so. We have had a drastic drop in temps here. only about 99 degrees yesterday.

Wonder what the temps are for fullmoon? Havent heard from her for a while. she must be busy with all the alaskan visitors.

Looks like art and I are going to cheraw in Oct this year. We usually meet friends there in Nov, but it came to our attention that cheraw has a town celebration going on in mid Oct. I hadnt realized that cheraw is the home town of Dizzy Gillespie. anyway, the group we camp with wants to celebrate too and also listen to some good jazz. Usually we just campout, sit around a campfire, watch the kids and tell stories. very mild group, no booze, just soft drinks and coffee and our little ones running about. our group usually covers most of the campground. Not sure, but I think there is only like between 12 and 15 sites there.

Getting late in the day here and I need to get busy. Hope you all have a good day ( BTW, someone left a half eaten burger laying on the table. Thats not too good)
Hey, I heard about this guy who is supposed to be a real whiz bang, gets real high ROI percentage wise ....Madoff or something like that....I'll see if i can find out his address...maybe he has a website too

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/12 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just started raining here, it was starting to get hot, so I'll take it, we really need some wet stuff.

Alright, I thought about this long and hard, and being one of the "elder members" of the OOPs thread, I'll kick in $1.04 to help get Handbasket back...I know, I know its a gracious offer, but it's who I am and what I do.....

We have to have "proof of life" though...YO!!! HANDBASKET!!!!! You still out there anywhere???

OK, now we'll just set back and see what develops............

Hope all of you are having a good day and hope you have a great July 4th...I'm off tomorrow, work Thursday, Friday & Saturday...work Monday, THEN it's time for Kathy and I to vacate for about a week.....

catch y'all later

.............Handbasket, if your out there, I use to know Morse Code.....

Jim & Kathy
2013 Dodge 3500DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin tranny/4:10/Cummins: 385HP/850TQ
06 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ/SK3005 Satellite/Splendide XC2100/4slide/dual pane windows
2014 Jeep Compass Ltd 4X4
Boxers;Buddy& Sheba II
USAF 71-75 Nam Vet

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/12 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!!! Happy July 4th to all of you....hope your having a great day...partly cloudy here, but warm...

You know, I need to stop posting on some of these threads...you'd think I'd learn after getting trashed all the time, being called a party pooper, weight police, elitists and so on and so on.
I think I need to stay off these forums and only post on the OOPS thread...For some reason, you would think, after making all the mistakes I made while buying TV's and RV's, and learning from my experiences, and admitting when I'm wrong and knowing I've learned from others....that sharing those experiences to try to help someone save some money or not make some of the mistakes I've made would be appreciated, but I'm truly a naive idiot if I think that for one second..I find out on these forums that I am totally clueless, thus, I have GOT to refrain from posting on threads about tires, trucks and what they can tow, generators, rv's, etc....sometimes, wished I'd never found this forum because I'm too stupid to not post, (as is evident right now)..

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm done...couldn't help myself...Hope all of you are well and having a great day...will work Thur Fri, Sat. go in for an hour or so Sunday, work Monday, then I'm going camping Tuesday morning..don't want to wish my life away, but CAN'T WAIT to go...

Now, if I can just use some self control to NOT go back and post in the 5th wheel forum, Tow vehicle, Gen. rving etc.........

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/12 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim, you just need to work at getting a reputation like mine, of a disagreeable, armed and dangerous, sarcastic cynic with a lousy sense of humor, then most people will leave you alone.
Oh, yes, there will be a few who will enjoy arguing, but I just argue back for a while, then ignore them. It works for me!
There have been a couple who I have blocked, either totally or just for PM's. Some of them I later removed the blocks so I could see what they were currently ranting about.
Cell phone ringing, gotta go....

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Toad: '06 PT Cruiser, Kar Kaddy dolly
Toy (may become a toad): 2001 Dodge QC SWB, 360 Magnum, Auto, 4X4
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, we are up to $1.54. If we arent careful we may have to declare this to the IRS. I think you better look up that Madoff fella Larry. This high finance is to much for me.

We have the MoHo back and Art seems pretty content with it.

NC, there are some pretty unusal people on here. the first time I posted anything I got raked over the coals because I put a g on the end of cummins. The guy (or lady) had a very official sounding name. Now he ( or she) is calling themselves as being the former or past of what ever the title was. That right there tells me that the person is full of their own importantance. I still read the other boards once in a while and have picked up some good info. Some not so good.

Want to add to that too. I know someone that travels from the upper midwest to florida the last 3 winters. they blow tires every trip. They had the axels changed on their 5th and still blew tires this year on their return trip. After the first round trip I ask her if they had every had that railer weighed and she assured me that they were underweight. this year on the return trip and more blown tires she told me they took out a lot of stuff, like a heavy oak dining room table and chairs. Also she saves stuff up to sell in floida and when there buys up stuff to take home and sell. After asking her one time about the weight I have just let her run on complaining about the poor quality tires and the wrong axel they had. Figure it would do no good until they decided to think about weight themselves.

Mower, I havent blocked anyone here. I just ignore them and let them blather on. I figure it won't hurt my blood pressure that way. If I feel compelled to say something, I try to say it in a nice way and then leave it alone. My family had a saying.....you can lead a horse to water, but, you can't make it drink. We had another good one too. You can roll in the mud with pigs. You both get dirty, but, the pig likes it. My family was just full of those good old sayings

I gotta get. My dryer just finished. My sheets are dry, going to stick them right back on the bed.

Have fun camping NC. I envy you the trip.

up2nogood

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, We sure got out of the heat here in southern Montana , yesterday was in the high 50's, the 80's the day before that, today we are at 68 . Have fished nearly everyday, but today headed to Bozeman, a little grocery shopping, and maybe a movie. Had our annual 4 of July party here at Slide Inn yesterday, everyone had things to do on the fourth, three of us couples took in the rodeo in Ennis, Mt. on the fourth. No fireworks this year in Madison county because of fire danger. The party was a potluck, even our local movie star that stays here was in attendance, William Devane . Our group has grown to seven couples. This small rv park only has 18 sites.We seem to have about half the park that are regulars every year that stay the summer, or partial like the wife ,and I, and the rest are one or two night stays . Thats about it for now, Talk at you later

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/12 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you had a good time in and out of Montana, and with your own Movie Star...our resident movie actress around these parts was Andie McDowell, at least she did live around here, don't know now...pretty lady though.

IT'S HOT HERE!!! I actually fired up the lawn mower to do some trimming and didn't take long to sweat myself soaking wet..too hot to get out there and do any kind of work right now..

Hope all of you are having a great weekend and hope your all well....I worked today, will be on call tomorrow, work Monday and hopefully, Kathy and I will head out to our camp early Tuesday morning. Taking the chainsaw and a few other things I'll do to clean up some of the carnage from the wind storms that roared through WV and VA week ago Friday....My 5er came out unscathed and the son has a bent or broken awning arm, I'll know better when I get up there....Probably stay busy for a day or two then hoping to 'wet a line" and do some swimming and just take it easy....

Gotta get something to eat...catch y'all later

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, here's the plan...
Leaving here the last week of September, not sure what day yet, should be in Ringgold, GA about 3 or 4 days later (that campground is supposedly 9.3 miles from DD and SIL's place. IF I can believe Rand McNally Tripmaker.)
we'll be there about a week, then head home.
I'm not towing the Jeep on this trip, thinking it might improve fuel economy. Might rent a car there, or maybe check craigslist for a car to buy and bring home with us (BMW 3 series ix, maybe??) Oh, wait, the ix might not be towable!
Well, we'll worry about that once we get there...
EDIT: Remco says AWD requires a trailer. So much for that idea, don't want to buy another trailer, and don't want to deadhead mine all that way just in case I buy a non-towable car down there!
Come to think of it, a rental for a week will probably be $150 to $200.
That would buy 50+ gallons of gas...
Maybe it would be better to tow the Jeep!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 973  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS