|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Keystone Sprinter vs Jayco Jay Flight

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
JJLJR

Toms River

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/06 04:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at a 2006 Keystone Copper Canyon Sprinter 2591RBS with a floor plan I like. I also like a Jayco Jay Flight 25RKS, but I have yet to be able to see one at any dealer short of ordering one.

I can easily tow both with my 2500 Savana.

Keystone has a lot to offer including an aluminum frame. Jayco is wood. Keystone has only a one year warranty, Jayco has two. Keystone slide is a full size giving more interior room than the Jayco.

Both units seem to liked based on my searchs on RV.Net.

I am looking for any comments as to the one year vs. two year warranty. Would this stop anyone from buying the Keystone? Has anyone owned both a Keystone and Jayco that could compare these manufacturers.

As a further note, the Copper Canyon seems to be a new model for 2006 in the unit I like. It looks like the sidewall construction is much like the Citation line that is now discontinued.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

John L - Toms River, NJ
2003 Savana G2500 8 Passenger Van, 6.0 V8, 3.73 Rear, Factory Tow Pkg - 2007 Sprinter Copper Canyon 2591RBS 27.7' - Reese Dual Cam Sway

Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Perrysburg, Ohio USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/06 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco makes a good TT but the Jay Flight does not compare to the Keystone. The Eagle line of Jayco would be a comparable TT. My reason for this is the lack of interior storage space in the Jay Flight and wood framing not Aluminum. The Jay Flight is the entry level TT IMO
Don
I may be wrong but I think Keystone has a 2 yr. warranty for 2006. Will call my dealer to check

Currently truck less and trailer less. Sold the 2500 Ram and ordered a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Eco-diesel. Or as I have been told on here, the slowest & weakest truck on the market

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/06 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, need to compare apples to apples so the Eagle line would compare since it too is Alum/fiberglass. Also, the interior finish is more in level with the Keystone, etc.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

rede2travel

Jacksonville, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/06 03:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have owned 3 Keystone Sprinters and have always looked at other makes before purchasing. Jayco Eagle is comparable to the Sprinter, but the Keystones always seem to have an edge when it comes to the interior finishing.Usually if anything goes wrong it will happen during the first year so the warranty (2yrs.) isn't a major issue. The warranty on component parts is the same.

Retired George & Retired wife Diane
2006 Ford F250 Lariat
2005 Keystone Sprinter 278 RLS

lots2seeinmyrv

Cumberland, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/06 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the Keystone Sprinter 259RBS and I love the floorplan and storage compartments galore on ours. For the size of this TT the kitchen is nice with lots of cabinets. We put a wood cover over the range for more counter space. Also made the dinette into a daybed with lots of pillows so we have 2 couches and use oak TV trays. Haven't owned a Jayco but looked at some and they seem like nice units.

Good luck

2010 Tundra TRD 4x4 Dbl Cab 5.7L V8 4.30 Max Tow 10,300 Payload 1,640 Class IV Hitch 1,030
Prodigy P2 - Blue Ox Sway Pro 10K/1K lbs
2012 Evergreen Ever-lite 29FK

mdgibbs88

Fawn Grove

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/06 07:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our TT is in our sig. We love the Copper Canyon! Had some minor cosmetic issues but the dealer squared it away in the off season. We looked at the Jayco as well and it is a nice unit, but the bathroom with the large corner shower was the kicker for us.

Good luck with your search.

Me and the Wife
Keystone Montana Mountaineer 336RLT
Prodigy Brake Controller

Dale Jarrett 44 and Michael Waltrip 55 Fans!
Our NASCAR home away from home!

JJLJR

Toms River

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/06 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for your comments.

I am seriously leaning to the Keystone Copper Canyon 2591RBS and not worry about the one year guaranty. I trust the Keystone dealer.

Camp Fans

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/06 10:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had our Sprinter for over a year now and only had one minor warranty issue after 16 trips. We looked hard at the Jayco before purchasing our Sprinter, we're happy with our decision.

Camp Fans
US Air Force Retired
2004 F-250 Lariat SCrew/6.0 PSD/3.73 LSD
2012 Sabre 31 RETS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Keystone Sprinter vs Jayco Jay Flight
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: