|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Bye Bye Arctic Fox, its been fun

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SanCap

Sanibel Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/06 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CC&KK wrote:

Jim,

I can't remember how to post an individual picture (even though you showed me how) so will you please post our 'camping at Jalama' picture in this thread so the TC people can see how we create camp sites to fit our rigs?

The four of us (you, Susan, Ken and I) have been traveling together for almost three months now and I, PERSONALLY, am excited about having an alternate dining location [emoticon] unless it means I have to start cooking more!!!!

Tell all the TC's that we are still a lot of fun to hang out with even though they think we are Class A 'snob's' and we'd love to meet up with them ANYTIME/ANYPLACE !!!

North to Alaska, go north the rush is on~!!!!

P.S. Did Susan get our red wine 'sippy cups' yet?

I am not sure but I think I showed you more than that 1 thing [emoticon]
Jim

[image]

2011 Mobile Suites 38 REPS, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually. Click here to see our adventures
Our Photos

Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/06 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This has to be a joke. The Jim and Sue I know would never buy a Class A . . . unheard of!

Even if it was true I am sure Jim would make those solar panels and inverter system available to us die-hard TC'rs.

What could you possibly see in a Class A . . . a full guzzling, highway blocking, yuppie camping, sweater matching, toy dog hauling, park clogging, concrete restricted . . . HEY . . . WAIT A MINUTE! Is that a Select Comfort remote control I see next to your bed? NICE! Did you say both Cummins and Allison? COOL! OK maybe I'll have to forgive you.

Seriously . . . everyone on this site loves their TC, but none full-time like you. We were all amazed to see that someone not only lived permanently in the TC but also maintained a marriage while doing so. Your adventures have been the envy of most of us, from the equipment, the small living quarters to balancing the finances.

As much as I hate to see you go, and wish to heck I could have parted the unit out before you gave it to the dealer . . . all of us most likely agree you should have a spot in the Guinness Book of World records for pulling it off for as long as you did.

I knew the 4x4 Class C was a possibility, never in my dreams would I have guessed on a Class A.

For all the publicity Arctic Fox and the TC guys got from your incredible full-time experiences in a camper they should have bought the new rig for you.

Congratulations!

[image]

'08 Ford F550, Lariat, Link Air Suspension, Roll-A-Long Conversion, Twin Turbo 6.4, TorkLifts, SuperHitch, "Monster Duty Truckasaurus"
'09 Host Everest, Dual Pane, AM Solar, Link 1000,Prosine2.0,Tank Htrs,Honda EV4010,HD Motosat,Wave 6.

SanCap

Sanibel Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/06 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is a select comfort, we are having issues regarding if we should transfer our temperpedic to the new mh or try the select comfort for a while. I guess I wasn't smart enough to start climbing the corporate ladder of advertisement versus free stuff. I probably could have made more money parting out the the camper. Wait a minute, It is still mine, pm me and we will see what we can do. As much as you hate to see me go? What does that mean? I can probably get this new rig stuck and unstuck as easily as it happened to some people at Pismo not to long ago (budster). Buying this smaller class a left some fun momey in the bank. Maybe I can buy a 1/2 ton pickup and put a lance 981 camper on it? What do you think, can I do it?

Jim

RR hounds

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/06 08:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim and Susan, Congratulations on the new Class A. I was shocked to see the post, but it sure is understandable. Depending on how daring you are, you can still fit in some tight spots! My folks fit a spot 110" wide in Lake Laberge (theirs is 106" wide) during their Alaska journey.
Enjoy the new experience!
Kathy & Ken

2000 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 4x4, SB, Vortec 6000 V8, 19.5 Rickson's, Super Springs, Firestone Airbags, Rancho 9000XL
2007 Host Bachelor 8.5 SS SB
1990 African Grey Parrot
2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks

SanCap

Sanibel Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/06 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RR hounds wrote:

Jim and Susan, Congratulations on the new Class A. I was shocked to see the post, but it sure is understandable. Depending on how daring you are, you can still fit in some tight spots! My folks fit a spot 110" wide in Lake Laberge (theirs is 106" wide) during their Alaska journey.
Enjoy the new experience!
Kathy & Ken

Kathy and Ken, for a slightly different look at it, we have gone thru our travel log book to see how many family and friends driveways we have stayed in with the truck camper. Thru out the last year and a half we have stayed in 15 driveways of friends or family, we will not be able to fit in 3 of them now with the new rig (one is yours Surferkim). I thought 106 inches is considered an oversize load. I haven't read the docs you sent me yet, what are they driving or pulling that is that wide?

Jim

Budster

Mira Loma, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/06 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimandsue60 wrote:

I can probably get this new rig stuck and unstuck as easily as it happened to some people at Pismo not to long ago (budster).

ok, Ok, OK, give it a rest Jim...................[emoticon]

ymmv,
Jerry
2000 Lazy Daze 30' IB

SanCap

Sanibel Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/06 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Budster wrote:

jimandsue60 wrote:

I can probably get this new rig stuck and unstuck as easily as it happened to some people at Pismo not to long ago (budster).

ok, Ok, OK, give it a rest Jim...................[emoticon]

Sorry Budster, Love ya man.

jim

Budster

Mira Loma, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/06 09:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimandsue60 wrote:

Sorry Budster, Love ya man. jim

[image]

group HUG

Surferkim

Sunset Cliffs,San Diego,Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/06 10:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kathy and Ken, for a slightly different look at it, we have gone thru our travel log book to see how many family and friends driveways we have stayed in with the truck camper. Thru out the last year and a half we have stayed in 15 driveways of friends or family, we will not be able to fit in 3 of them now with the new rig (one is yours Surferkim). I thought 106 inches is considered an oversize load. I haven't read the docs you sent me yet, what are they driving or pulling that is that wide? Jim[/quote] Jim, you are still welcome anytime, I will save space on the street. We could have dinner in your Palace, Kim,Dianne and Logan:B

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

2005 Dodge 2500 SLT+,CTD 610,Auto,4x4,LWB,QC,Leather
00/915 Lance,AC
LCD/DVD,custom surf racks,Hellwig S/B,Rancho 9000's,Lifeline AGM,PD 9245C
2,750 custom overloads,no bags no problems
One Beautiful Wife,4 year old Son & 9 week old Son">">

Raiders5

Morgan Hill, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/06 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim & Susan,
Great new ride! I drove by the dealer yesterday and checked it out from the street. VERY COOL and nice colors to. If you need any help transferring your "stuff", let me know. You know how close I am.

Budster, I gotta wonder about that picture...oh ya, you are close to Disneyland.

Scott

Raiders5
2005 F-350 PSD, Crew Cab, 2WD Dually, Lariat, ARP Head Studs, Bulletproof EGR Cooler, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Edge Insight, Air Bags, Rancho 9000's w/in Cab Control, Torklift Stable Loads
2005 Lance Max 1181 All Options

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Bye Bye Arctic Fox, its been fun
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS